Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default EBOLA OUTBREAK in Africa

Ka kuyaw ani..

(CNN) -- The deadliest outbreak of Ebola virus on record has sparked fears that the killer virus could spread from west Africa to other regions and continents.
    The outbreak began with just a handful of cases in Guinea in March. Since then, there have been 814 confirmed cases and another 387 probable or suspected across that country, Sierra Leone and Liberia, according to the World Health Organization.
    Some 672 people of the 1,201 total confirmed and possible infections have died, which equates to a 55% mortality rate, reports WHO as of July 23. (There have been 456 confirmed deaths due to Ebola.)
    The WHO says "drastic action is needed" to contain Ebola, warning that previously undetected chains of transmission is boosting the numbers of sick and increasing the chances that the disease spreads from Africa.
    "This epidemic is without precedent," said Bart Janssens, director of operations for Médecins Sans Frontières, also known as Doctors Without Borders. "It's absolutely not under control, and the situation keeps worsening... There are many places where people are infected, but we don't know about it."

Source:

Deadliest ever outbreak of Ebola virus: What to know - CNN.com

Abi nako nahatagan na nig solution kay dugay naman ning Ebola virus, ni balik napud diay ni

agoy dako na sad problema balik...

murag taud2 na pud ning porblemaha diha dapita. gi try na man tog contain pero murag nagka grabe man. namatay na gani tong top doctor nila nga nag treat sa mga infected jsut this month.

wa ra ba ni cure or vaccine.

dara diay link sa doctor na deads.

Top doctor dies from Ebola after treating dozens
    Last edited by soundstreammsi; 07-31-2014 at 11:20 AM.

kuyawa ani nga plague oi. basin ma walking dead ta ani... hehehe

- - - Updated - - -

kuyawa ani nga plague oi. basin ma walking dead ta ani... hehehe

Blog Entries
    taud2x na ni nga news, pero wala kaayo na alarma ang Pinas, kay lage wala paman nisulod.

Up until this past week, the Ebola outbreak had been contained to three West African countries: Guinea, where it began, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Sawyer is the first known case outside of these three countries.
    As of July 23, the World Health Organization had confirmed more than 800 Ebola cases in the region, but suspects there have been many unreported infections and there may be more like 1,200 cases. Sierra Leone has been hardest hit with approximately 525 cases.

-CNN

maytag dili ni muabot sa ubang countries, kay wala baya cure, dali pjud kaayo mamatay ang na infect

President of Madagascar: Shut Down Everything!

controllable man ang ebola, it doesnt spread that fast cause it isnt airborne disease but direct contact disease. Naa man pud case of ebola here in the Philippines but non lethal man ang symptoms.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/24/he...bola.html?_r=0

can someone explain to me why ebola is being tag as "no cure" when the mortality rate isnt 100% ? ? I know people who recover from ebola actually live out the disease but shouldnt be it tantamount that he had been cured ? ?

Blog Entries
    nibalik nasad lagi ni siya ,its like cancer mangita gyud paagi nga mag evolve ang bacteria

Quote Originally Posted by Romeojin View Post
    controllable man ang ebola, it doesnt spread that fast cause it isnt airborne disease but direct contact disease. Naa man pud case of ebola here in the Philippines but non lethal man ang symptoms.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/24/he...bola.html?_r=0

can someone explain to me why ebola is being tag as "no cure" when the mortality rate isnt 100% ? ? I know people who recover from ebola actually live out the disease but shouldnt be it tantamount that he had been cured ? ?
    I think I heard nga they suspect that there is a strong possibility that the virus can or has evolved to be transmitted airborne, as it is proven that it can be spread through air between different species. The virus can live outside of the body for days, so that is likely contributing to it being labeled "very contagious".

I think ilang pasabot is that there is no cure to neutralize the virus in the body, but there are treatments for the symptoms--so long as you control the symptoms, dili mamatay ang infected. AFAIK they will remain carriers to the virus. What would be scary is if they can't come up with the cure and the virus evolves into something more lethal, or develop a symptom that is sudden and difficult to manage.
    Last edited by æRLO; 08-02-2014 at 05:59 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast