Default Help/Info needed with Paypal Philippines

Anyone knows how to setup a Paypal account that doesnt need a credit card?

First off, am financially responsible and I would never have the need for a credit card ever because I prefer to pay in cash and be free of the eventual interests and charges.

So my only options are to link my bank account to Paypal or my debit card to Paypal.

I recently opened an account with Metrobank and also signed up with a Mastercard Debit Card thinking I can kill two birds with one stone. But after playing with Paypal options, I dont see an option to link my Bank Account to Paypal and also Paypal wouldnt accept the verification of my Debit Card.

Does anyone have any advice to give or offer? I'll be very grateful, thanks!

I'm using my Unionbank Debit Card and it works so well with Paypal. You need to have at least 300 pesos in your debit card to authorize your card. Paypal will charge your card to make sure it is a working card, and will refund it to your Paypal balance in a few days.

How did you go about linking it up? I was able to link my Metrobank Mastercard Debit Card to my Paypal, but as soon as I choose to 'verify' it, it gives this error message: We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card.

Am I out of luck with this card? Ive already tried BPI options before this but the people there as well as from Metrobank dont have any experience with linking to Paypal and are just leaving it up to me to figure it out. >.<

I was able to link my Metrobank Credit Card to my paypal account. and it is now verified

I just waited for my CC Bill/statement and I saw the code

they charged 100 pesos for it, but I'm not sure if it was refunded after I verified my account.

I heard mas fast and easy ang sa Union Bank na EON Visa Debit Card. check it out!

I guess Ill have to try that out based on your recommendations. Thanks guys!

sa mga paypal users dito, may mga question lang ako

i have a verified paypal. i used eon for that purpose. however, hapit na ma-expire akong eon. prob is layo kaau ang unionbank diri sa amo, like i have to ride a boat, and we know na hassle jud sa union kay di pa nimo makuha dayon ang card.

i also have a regular atm account linked to my paypal.

will my paypal be back on unverified if my eon is expired?
    can paypal deduct from my existing bank account linked to it when i make purchases or pay for service, when my eon has no funds?
    can i continue to use the eon as a regular atm for withdrawal purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by mckoy_slipstream View Post
    sa mga paypal users dito, may mga question lang ako

i have a verified paypal. i used eon for that purpose. however, hapit na ma-expire akong eon. prob is layo kaau ang unionbank diri sa amo, like i have to ride a boat, and we know na hassle jud sa union kay di pa nimo makuha dayon ang card.

i also have a regular atm account linked to my paypal.

will my paypal be back on unverified if my eon is expired?
    can paypal deduct from my existing bank account linked to it when i make purchases or pay for service, when my eon has no funds?
    can i continue to use the eon as a regular atm for withdrawal purposes?
    Sa ako nahibal-an bro verified gihapon ang imo paypal even if expired na ang card but most likely magka problem ka if naa ka paliton kay kasagaran mo require og updated nga card.

Ang dagan sa kwarta ani is from paypal to eon and not the other way around so dili maka deduct ang paypal from eon

Quote Originally Posted by mvp_hunter View Post
    I'm using my Unionbank Debit Card and it works so well with Paypal. You need to have at least 300 pesos in your debit card to authorize your card. Paypal will charge your card to make sure it is a working card, and will refund it to your Paypal balance in a few days.
    How did you link your debit card?

If your intention is to fund your Paypal account we can do just that! You can pay us in cash or through any of our banks (Unionbank, BPI, BDO, Chinabank or Landbank)

This is the service that you may need. http://pesoexchanger.com/fund-my-paypal-account/

Debit cards has an option to be able to be charged/used like a credit card. This option can be turn on or off by going to your opening branch. Try asking Metro bank if this feature has been enabled with your card. This could be the reason why Paypal was not able to charge/verify your card because the feature is disabled.
    This happened to me also when 2 of my staff were opening their EON cards, we had to go back to the branch and have that "feature" (I don't know what they call it) enabled. They had to fill up a form to enable their debit card to be charged just like a credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy Retro Master View Post
    How did you go about linking it up? I was able to link my Metrobank Mastercard Debit Card to my Paypal, but as soon as I choose to 'verify' it, it gives this error message: We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card.

Am I out of luck with this card? Ive already tried BPI options before this but the people there as well as from Metrobank dont have any experience with linking to Paypal and are just leaving it up to me to figure it out. >.<

11.    Advertisement