Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default branded pc.. help be buy

ok guys..here is my dilemma

my dad's comp which i bought from a comp shop along p.del rosario has always have been problematic this past year. ntldr missing, lost network connections with the other computers, blue screens of death and lastly, i can no longer successful clean install a fresh os without it hanging. tried different installer discs and different hard drives. yes.. i had reformatted it also.

what my friend did was to use acronis and norton ghost to copy a working image on another hdd which is now being used, since the orig hdd, samsung, has already lots of errors daw. but karon, the running mirror image which is installed in seagate 80g, is also nag buang buang. blue screen nsad pag mu install ko printer software and open microsoft word.

my gawd.. i just want to cry... this computer has given me more problems than anything... kapila na jd ni nko gi pa ayo and gubaon ghapon.

so..my dad decided that we will purchase a branded desktop pc daw coz he believes less buggy and stuff.

unsa man inyo ika suggest guys hp/compaq/dell? ok ba or mas hassle kung branded (like dili ka dali dali open the cpu, add hardware, simple fix, etc without voiding the warranty)? are the technicians better at giving aftermarket support ba? asa ko mu palit?

my dads needs are simple rman... emailing, a little photoshop, more emailing, documents and internet browsing. kana lang dili super mahal gud.. like 30-50k lang na worth the money. ive given up on trying video editing coz my pinnacle system just sucks... dili jd mu work sa winxp na platform.

unsay ika tabang ninyo nko, i will very highly appreciate it jd

dili jd ko computer expert but tungod sa akong mga computer trials, kahibalo na intawun ko mu assemble disassemble og minor troubleshooting!

Default Re: branded pc.. help be buy

pwede man dili ka palit og new PC..

go to Arctech, let them fix your PC or buy new to them..
    after sales support is better there.

tnx..but murag dugay cgro jd kau ni mahuman og ayo cz daghan problema and mag balik balik pa jd...and my dad doesnt want to let this pc out of his or my sight.. kapoi lagi coz kung ipa ayo.. kinanglan bantayan pa nko ang comp!

You don't actually need a Branded PC to have a Bug-Free or Error Free System. All you have to do is to buy the most needed PC parts, research for reviews on the hardwares.. thats it..

30K to 50K budget on a clone PC will have a better hardware specifications compared to a branded one.

asa man diay na nimo gipa repair nganong wala man ma solve ang prob? better look for another repair shop or technical guy. i'm sure ma solve na ang prob w/o buying new PC.

hp/compaq, same na sila na company, nindot sad hp, check out the hp store in SM

Remember, Branded PC != Quality PC

What you need to do is first, look for a more competent repair shop to take a look at your current PC configuration. Since you mentioned that you've reformatted it several times to no avail, it is most likely a hardware issue (memory problems, power supply unit issues, motherboard issues, etc.). The repair shop should be able to isolate the problem, and replace only the components that need to be replaced. Arctech at Banilad or PC Express should be able to take a look at that and see what is wrong.

Don't waste your money on branded PC's just yet.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

I agree, ipa repair nalang sa na. Adto lng sa arctech. Just try

bitaw bai pa repair nalang na sayang man pud ang moni..give it to someone who knows about pc's..

i suggest get a pc with good after sales since ur not familiar with t/s...

tnx sa mga replies ninyo guys. my dad has this misconception lagi na if branded pc, dli mag daot daot.

i think sad jd na probably something is wrong sa motherboard. coz sauna, the outside of our house got hit by lightning and na guba to router, dsl as well as the lan cards..my first lan card was kanang part jd sa motherboard. i have replaced the power supply 2x na coz na sayop plug sa 220 instead of 110 (output of ups is 110 so kinanglan 110 sad ang comp)

i think at least a week cgro ni ibilin sa repairshop noh? but ako dad dili man gud gusto ibilin bilin lang coz paranoid man. pwede ra ba nko itransfer tanan dox (cut and paste) sa slave hdd nko and leave it home and send the rest of the cpu to the repairshop?

btw, does cutting and pasting ensure all of the files ma transfer (e.g my documents which is 10gb plus)? hehe cz basin later on ma realize na naa d i missing documents na.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast