Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Can a Cebuano band 'tastefully' cover any Dave Matthews Band song?

I have been itching to hear a local band successfully cover a Dave Matthews Band song.

Do you think this is possible?

Is there a Cebuano band existing who can do this?

♥ foreverdmbfan

"JUST A WOMAN? Oh honey no!

I am awesome with a splash of bitch and a dash of wonderful.

Diba katong banda sauna nga Last Dance mu-cover man to sila ug Dave Matthews?

its possible,but its very2x difficult..hehe...the songs may sound so easy to play because of the melody,they're quit easy to sing along, but its a completely different thing when you listen to the individual pieces of the instruments...example, the song "where are you going?"...the drums may sound simple to the common ear but to a drummers ear,its very2x sneaky,tricky..ghost notes and everything...am not even a drummer and i hear them...hehe i'd love to see a band cover their songs and nail them!!!...am also a very big fan of DMB...PEACE!!!
    Last edited by PGM_301; 10-17-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM_301 View Post
    its possible,but its very2x difficult..hehe...the songs may sound so easy to play because of the melody,they're quit easy to sing along, but its a completely different thing when you listen to the individual pieces of the instruments...example, the song "where are you going?"...the drums may sound simple to the common ear but to a drummers ear,its very2x sneaky,tricky..ghost notes and everything...am not even a drummer and i hear them...hehe i'd love to see a band cover their songs and nail them!!!...am also a very big fan of DMB...PEACE!!!
    awwwwwwwwww i love you! hahahaha DMB Fan!

yes, that's why i had to say 'successfully'

coz i havent heard a local band do that right, Nail It, as you said.

*sigh

i've been wishing for the band to come here to tour but I've been waiting for a long while now... the next best thing is to hear someone,anyone cover them and well too.

*I'll buy you dinner any day, co DMB fan... hehehe

Uhm... PGM is right, Covering DMB is like dissecting every detail of the Musicality of the band. Especially the drummer 'Carter Beauford' He plays very chippy and sweet on the hi-hats. Hehehe..he's one of my drum icons. And I'm a DMB fanatic also! but many musicians here in Cebu are good who can cover there songs, but I dont think they can play every detail of it.

carter beauford is a tight left and open handed drummer.... and fills are whew, so fast

Quote Originally Posted by b|tcH_g0dd3sS View Post
    awwwwwwwwww i love you! hahahaha DMB Fan!

yes, that's why i had to say 'successfully'

coz i havent heard a local band do that right, Nail It, as you said.

*sigh

i've been wishing for the band to come here to tour but I've been waiting for a long while now... the next best thing is to hear someone,anyone cover them and well too.

*I'll buy you dinner any day, co DMB fan... hehehe
    hahaha same here,i even wrote DMB on that survey they did in Waterfront just before the ToTo concert started on the list of bands i'd like to see here in Cebu...buy me dinner the night before that concert,alright?..hehe
    Last edited by PGM_301; 10-18-2008 at 10:10 PM.

OT: ^Oi hala nag ilabyuhanay na lagi mo dinha.

Lisod jud na kay murag mga schooled jazz musicians man tingali ang most members nila...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzter View Post
    Uhm... PGM is right, Covering DMB is like dissecting every detail of the Musicality of the band. Especially the drummer 'Carter Beauford' He plays very chippy and sweet on the hi-hats. Hehehe..he's one of my drum icons. And I'm a DMB fanatic also! but many musicians here in Cebu are good who can cover there songs, but I dont think they can play every detail of it.

You too? Ahhh you're in my list!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast