• iSTORYA.NET Business Highlights: Cookiejar's Home-Baked Goodies

It started almost 7 years ago when iSTORYAn Pastry maker cookiejar invaded and sweetened the forums with her yummy-licious home-baked goodies. Monica Alix aka Cookiejar makes delicious and creative custom-made cakes that lives up to her iSTORYAn nick—cookiejar—making you grab for more!

What makes her goodies distinct is the fact that it’s homemade. This means you can step up to their porch and warm your tummies.

iSTORYA.NET's 10th anniversary cake by cookiejar

Generations of Baking
      Monica has been baking since she was 8 and rightfully so. She has learned this trade from her great-grandmother, grandmother, mom and aunts.

And while her business has been a success, it wasn’t a bed of roses. Her major challenges include meeting clients who are close-minded and unreasonable. Some also order on the last minute and she has to come up with a design that would fit the occasion

iSTORYAn by Heart
      Aside from the Buy and Sell section, cookiejar also frequents the General Discussion section. Even the very popular thread there, Dear God was created by her. It talks about what would you want God to listen to you—your prayers, your heart’s desire for the day or for that certain moment.

And being an iSTORYAn also helped her in her business. What started out as a word of mouth spread like wildfire when she placed her business in iSTORYA.NET. Right now, she has an underground fan base!

Why iSTORYA.NET?
      In comparison to other advertisement medium, iSTORYA.NET threads last. This means that while ads on TV and Radio last for a minute, a thread in iSTORYA can be searched and it will be there for years! She also gets to interact with her customers on a daily basis and they give her feedback if she is on the right track.

Cookiejar Tips
      For Monica, she believes that you have to always start a business with something that you love to do and then earn rather than the other way around. Doing a pastry business doesn’t necessarily mean you need to have a course in baking or cooking. She may not have the fancy skills with other chefs but this doesn’t mean you can’t be successful. If you have the heart, then you can do your own piece de resistance.

Contact Details:
      The Cookie Jar
      122 Gorordo Avenue
      412-2615 | 927-911-1105
      http://www.cookiejarcebu.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/cookiejarcebu

Creations by cookiejar:

Ready to amp up your business with iSTORYA.NET just like Cookiejar? Click on this link--> The Watermelon Theory!

-thisbe.ara-
      This article was originally published in forum thread: ~ Home Baked Goodies by Cookiejar ~ (update: new pics) started by abortretryfail View original post
      You may like...
      Comments 2231 Comments
        abortretryfail -
        -CAKE GALLERY-
        note: due to image renaming by our image host provider we will be moving our gallery to our facebook page

Please visit the facebook galleries for regular updates
        cookiejar -
        hi there for those interested about the pinwheel delight i can do strawberry, mocha, ube and buko pandan. the pinwheel delight is actually chiffon cake with mousse in the center, then topped off with whipped cream.
        for the chocolate chip fudge its more of a yellow cake with chocolate chips, drizzled with kahlua and topped with espresso cream and chocolate ganache.

everything is made fresh so if possible place your orders at least 3 days to give me time to get the ingredients. i also do wedding cakes for those who are interested. i'll be posting it on the specialty services lang along with the candle giveaways that i make
        pobre -
        actual pics na ang posted? i mean kanang gipangkodakan mao na mga hinimo nimo? kalami ba oi
        cookiejar -
        Quote Originally Posted by pobre View Post
        actual pics na ang posted? i mean kanang gipangkodakan mao na mga hinimo nimo? kalami ba oi
        yup all of these are actual pics. i don't believe in false advertising kasi
        DebutsAndIDos -
        Monica's cakes are baaaad, bad for your diet and your weight.

Diet and weight aside, Monica makes great cakes. Everyone who has tasted it agrees, hands down.
        The wedding cake with yellow roses was done for a bride of mine and was a hit with all the guests.

Mon, I'll have the chocolate midnight for my birthday, hehehe

cookiejar -
        Quote Originally Posted by DebutsAndIDo's View Post
        Monica's cakes are baaaad, bad for your diet and your weight.

Diet and weight aside, Monica makes great cakes. Everyone who has tasted it agrees, hands down.
        The wedding cake with yellow roses was done for a bride of mine and was a hit with all the guests.

Mon, I'll have the chocolate midnight for my birthday, hehehe

sure thing jan just tell me when and where
        tsikay101 -
        where mn sad ang pick up point ani? wana try the cappuccino fudge... how much man sad charge for delivery to lets say cebu city medical center at N. Bacalso Ave? =)
        abortretryfail -

Just look for Monica Alix
        abortretryfail -

tsikay101 -
        @abortretryfail & cookiejar

thanks for the cappuccino fudge... everybody liked it! =)
        cookiejar -
        thanks tsikay glad to know that you liked it. anyway, just give me a call or a text if you'll push thru with your brother's birthday
        sheka -
        @cookiejar

if mu order mi nig ka thursday, makuha namo sa satrday?
        cookiejar -
        hi sheka sure you can order this thursday. which cake do you want to order? and what time on saturday are you planning to pick it up?
        sheka -
        Chocolate Midnight. but i will still confirm if our visitor will arrive this saturday... i will text you tomorrow or pm here if madayon... thank you
        entrepreneur7788 -
        Uy kalami ani oi! Sige mo kaon sa ta ug mga patambok kay pasko man hehehehehe.... dili uso ang niwang! lol... Order ko
        sheka -
        @cookiejar

ma travel ni? mga 12 hours siguro.
        abortretryfail -
        If it's the chocolate midnight, it won't spoil. Just keep it cool.

The same with the other cakes except the tiramisu and pinwheel delight
        sheka -
        Quote Originally Posted by abortretryfail View Post
        If it's the chocolate midnight, it won't spoil. Just keep it cool.

The same with the other cakes except the tiramisu and pinwheel delight
        wala man ref
        cookiejar -
        Quote Originally Posted by sheka View Post
        wala man ref
        hi sheka the chocolate midnight will be all right sa 12 hour travel coz its chocolate. it so happens yung ibang cakes ko kasi has cream which is better chilled or refrigerated, which is the pinwheel delight and the tiramisu. just keep the chocolate cake in a cool dry place okay lang sya. anyway, if you'll really push thru might i suggest you pick up the cake about 1 to 2 hours before you leave so that i can still chill it for you. might i ask where and how you're planning to bring the cake?
        sheka -
        @cookiejar

txt lang ko sis. nt definite pa man gud when kalarga. basta ill order 2 days before thanks thanks thanks

Facebook Comments

about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top