View RSS Feed

aubz_0716

7 of The Best Things to Do When You’re Feeling Anxious

Rate this Entry
7 of The Best Things to Do When You’re Feeling Anxious
by: Nicole Tone

Figuring out what medications best help you and your anxiety is probably a work in progress with your doctor, the way it is with mine. But I like to have other tools in my anxiety toolbelt other than just medication. It’s great to have a well-rounded self-care plan, because sometimes I don’t want to rely solely on my medication to feel better — I like to feel like I’m in control of my anxiety, and just in case other people feel the same way I do, I wanted to share some of my anxiety coping mechanisms. Here are seven of my favorite (and most helpful!) things to do when I’m feeling anxious:
Watch an episode of something.

I have certain shows that are like comfort foods for me. The Blacklist, House of Cards, and Grey’s Anatomy are like a warm, heavy blanket and give me a break from what’s going on in my own life. Just a pro tip: if you’re anything like me, avoid Orange is the New Black because once I start one episode I can’t stop until the rest if the season is over (or really any show that I haven’t seen before, because just like a good book, once I’m hooked I can’t stop).
Coloring.

Setting aside the laptop, iPad, and cell phone is a GOOD thing and, let’s be honest, is a big part of where my anxiety comes from. So I’ve taken up adult coloring books. For me, anything with mandalas is helpful in easing me away from anxiety. With this, having all of the colored pencils is nice but can still be overwhelming. I’ve taken to using self-sharpening colored pencils because the packs are smaller and minimizes pencil shavings.
Use the Calm Me app, or guided meditation in general.

I discovered this app this week and have been using it daily. Meditating on my own wasn’t working; I wasn’t able to focus, let alone bring myself down from a panic attack. With the guided meditations provided for free, I’ve been able to re-focus.
Using a lavender pillow.

I have lavender everything in my house. Lotion, bubble bath, dried and hanging in my kitchen, and growing in my herb garden. But the heavy neck pillow I bought (that can be heated, too!) has really helped a ton. I’ll heat it up while I’m working to help me focus, or put it on my pillow on my bed to help calm myself down before bed.

Exercise.

For me, it’s yoga (closed poses) and horseback riding. Focusing on my breathing, on staying balanced, or on controlling a 1200 lb animal helps create distance between me and my trigger. In an office and can’t just throw yourself in downward dog? Take a walk if you can, even if it’s just around the building. Walk to the bathroom and back.
Hand massages and/or palm pushes.

You don’t need to go to the nail salon to get a good hand massage. Start with pushing your palms together (you can even do this at your work desk!) and focusing on the pressure. If that doesn’t help, start massaging the palm of one hand with your thumb on the other hand.
Write.

Write down what you’re worried about. Keep a private Tumblr account, a journal, a notebook — something that’s private and just meant for you so you can just let go. Write about anything. Write about what’s triggered you, about what you’ve accomplished that day. Make a list of what you need to do and prioritize it. Let your thoughts out in a constructive and healthy manner.

Maybe these will help you and maybe they won’t. But making steps towards helping ourselves is a good thing especially when anxiety can be so incredibly crippling.

Source: https://sg.style.yahoo.com/news/7-be...185447603.html

Updated 07-13-2016 at 02:55 PM by aubz_0716

Categories
Health

Comments

Very nice advices, thank you! I guess it is not a secret for anybody that anxiety, chronic stress and depression are 21st century plaque, 25% of Earth population have these health issues and very of them are aimed to get professional help. I managed to relieve my anxiety seizures thanks to cbd oil , 900 mah kit and quality medical support.
    Did you guys know there are more methods?
    For joint pain, you should consider utilizing modern medicine and getting some CBD products from Aifory. In your case, I would suggest to [url=https://aifory.com/product-category/cbd-capsules]buy cbd capsules[/url] as they are easy to consume and provide full effects unlike gummies. Your pains should reduce significantly, and there's no side effects to consuming CBD.
    Guys, my husband suffer from severe pain because of foot injury. Can you give me some advices how to get rid of it?
    Oh, dear. It's terrible! I want to advise you one option I used. А few months ago I had a cramp in my leg. My muscles were trembling violently and I couldn't step on my foot. My colleague suggested me to try ordering CBD gel from this site https://cbd.market/cbd-gel in order to find solution. After using this remedy my leg's pain went away gradually and after a couple of days the cramps were gone. I hope you decide to try it and the result will not keep you waiting. Have a nice day as well.
    Hey there! When I'm feeling anxious, I find that these activities really help me feel better and more relaxed:

Mindfulness Meditation: Taking a few minutes to focus on my breath and be present in the moment really helps calm my mind and reduce anxious thoughts.

Going for a Walk in Nature: Connecting with nature and getting some fresh air always lifts my spirits and clears my mind.

Listening to Soothing Music: Music has a magical way of easing anxiety, and I have a playlist of my favorite calming tunes for such moments.

Practicing Yoga: Doing some gentle yoga poses helps me release tension from my body and brings a sense of peace.

Engaging in Creative Activities: Drawing, painting, or writing in a journal are wonderful outlets to express my emotions and distract myself from anxious feelings.

Remember, everyone's experience is unique, but I hope you find these activities as helpful as I do! Don't hesitate to explore what works best for you. Take care and stay positive!
    What do you do if meditation, walking, and yoga are no longer working to combat anxiety? At such times, you feel powerless and want to get rid of your anxiety as quickly as possible. I have found a remedy that works great for anxiety, and you can also check them out here at [URL="https://www.shrooms-online.org/shop/"]shrooms-online.org/shop/[/URL]. If you've tried anything from this store, please share your experience with us.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top