Default What's the preferred resolution (in pixels per inch) to have nice prints?

hi everyone, i'm using photosop in editing/enhancing my pics. i noticed that the default setting when you're starting a new document is 72 pixels/inch. when i printed the picture using this resolution, i got a huge percentage of quality loss. what setting should i then use to have 0% quality loss?

Default Re: What's the preferred resolution (in pixels per inch) to have nice prints?

Bai when ur working something that is for printing dont use 72 dpi, always use 300 dpi or up but as much as possible dont go lower than 300dpi, but this would always depend on what ur working, even if you use 300 dpi and your pictures is lower than that, then you still got a loss of quality, tell me exactly what you're working with so I can tell you what to do.

Default Re: What's the preferred resolution (in pixels per inch) to have nice prints?

1st asa man ka tig paprint? some printers are 280dpi optimized etc.
    so if u want 0% quality loss, you have to be more precise

but in general, lab prints here in cebu set it to 300DPI ok ka na.

useless going higher than 300dpi...it will only slow down the printing process, and in fact can cause lower qualtiy prints.
    no lab printer here in cebu can print higher than 300dpi

gizmo text line +63918-94-GIZMO (0918-94-44966)
    NOW HIRING we also accept dealers & freelance agents

Sakto si Mark bai that if you're in photography but if you're in pre press or any other form of print media it depends on what you are working, if you're into brochures, posters, flyers and the like go 300 or up, but if it's billboard, banners etc, that deals with large prints the bigger the size the smaller the resolution, kay di kaya sa printer, okens?

ic... thanks for the input guys. ng-wonder lng ko before kay i printed a simple text sa ms word using a very small font size then i printed the same text with the same font size sa photoshop. ang result is mas sharper ang sa ms word.

300 pixels/inch na cge gmt nko krn

300dpi/resolution
    Pwede pud imo na gamitan og adobe Illustrator kung ikaw gyud mo print sa imo kaugalingon na PC og Printer.

With Illustrator.
    You only have to creat a new document with the desired paper size.
    Place the image(Link).

Take note your Printer calibration is right.

7.    Advertisement