Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Cars being turned into taxis lower its image..Are filipinos too image conscious?

I'll share with you a story about what a Top Japanese Executive said about cars being turned into taxis.

A top japanese executive in a recent meeting had this observation about the Philippines.

He said:

In all the countries of operation Philippines is the only country where people look down on a car if it's made into a taxi.
    In other countries... this doesn't seem to be a big deal... In Hong Kong most taxis are Toyota (Crown Comfort)
    In europe and singapore expensive brands like Mercedes Benz are being made into taxis.

Could it be nga image conscious ra kaayo ang mga ppl diri? Is it that we take too much pride in our cars nga if we see a similar model running as a taxi we get furious about it?

I'm sure a lot of people think this way... it has even prompted car dealers like honda to have a clause not to sell vehicles for use as taxis.

What are your views on this matter?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cars being turned into taxis lower its image..Are filipinos too image conscious?

yah! i can relate with this...ambut ngano we have this views cguro madaot jud ang image sa sakyanan kay it would seem "cheap" ba.

Default Re: Cars being turned into taxis lower its image..Are filipinos too image conscious?

this is so true, here in finland its quite common to see mercedes benz and bmw being used as taxi yet people here dont downgrade the value of those cars. i guess this is just one of those silly filipino mentality.

Arte ra kaayo kitang mga Filipino . Here in Vegas , the cabs make and models are only in our dreams type namely Chargers , 300C's , Hybrids etc .

Why bother feel down when we see Corolla's , Sentra's na taxi cabs ? Even if they are POV , there is nothing special about it much more on the Korean cars likle the Pride , Avella etc .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

ok raman tali na oi kana pa tsada kaau kon mosakay tag taxi then luxurious at thesame rate dba?

Default Re: Cars being turned into taxis lower its image..Are filipinos too image consci

mura nasaag man ni na topic diri..

Default Re: Cars being turned into taxis lower its image..Are filipinos too image consci

I was wondering where to post this as wala may lain category mu bagay... I was thinking that cars are like accessories dictated by fashion and trends...The point I raised deals more on how image conscious people are with cars.. .thats why I thought it would fit here...

Where would you suggest we place this topic instead?

Cars are more on an accessory for me rather than what they na " NECESSITY " or " LUXURY " . It clearly shows the extension of our homes where the condition of our homes relates to our well being and personality . It is indeed FASHION and STATEMENT !!
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

guess so... coz for most filipinos having a car is a show of wealth cgro and if imo mapalit ra is same caliber og taxi then i guess ppl will think poor raka kay imo ma afford pang taxi ra tawn.

for me i dont mind... ambot lng ang uban ngano murag ma uwaw kng ila sakyanan naay taxi nga ka pariha

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast