Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default deleted post and thread -member pissed.

so i have seen others who have encountered the same problem as i have.

my threads over the BSTC forum was deleted and all my possible buyers are all gone. -THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

the WORST THING IS the moderators or who ever deleted my thread in whatever reason (may the thread have violated a rule or something) DO NOT NOTIFY THE THREAD OWNER.

i placed in pictures in my thread and do you know unsa ka HASSLE magupload pics to a hosting site get their url and all? TAPOS YOU JUST DELETE THEM WITHOUT NOTICE? Wated time, money and EFFORT! make me think na who ever deleted my thread has no manners or even man lang respect. OK so im a newbie. a junior but this dosent mean na the seniors or moderators can erase threads na TARUNG AND LEGAL without letting them know. I was starting to like being here in istorya but after what happened maka wala og gana. im very disappointed.

This happened to me like 4 times already, i was ok with it at first but murag karon dili na. moderators and site keepers take care unta of the newbies.. give them justifiable rights.. im very very disappointed... i re read the rules all over again and cant understand why na delete aku threads tapos i dint violate any rule. NAA UNTA MOI WARNINGS! im just so pissed that i im-ed one of the moderators sa part sa BTSC where i posted it.

THIS JUST GAVE ME THE NEGATIVE IMPRESSION ABOUT THIS SITE. sorry to tell you guys.. i was starting to like the site and visited it for like 2 times a day.. until wee hours in the morning... pero karon.. everything is a waste of TIME.

Blog Entries

Default Re: deleted post and thread -member pissed.

iryn, first of all your offensive approach won't gain our sympathy (or mine for that matter). You are already violating a very important rule. Second, it has been brought up time and time again that we are not obliged to notify you if your thread has been deleted. Third, you haven't wasted any money in posting your stuff for free here so spare the argument. Fourth, it is clear that you haven't read the rules... you violated a very simple rule, yes a simple rule... but no matter how simple, it is still a violation.

II.Posting of Threads

* All posts must only be prefixed by the following terms:
    i. FS (For Sale) - when trying to sell something
    ii.LF (Looking For) - when you look for something which is not found in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoR
    iryn, first of all your offensive approach won't gain our sympathy (or mine for that matter). You are already violating a very important rule. Second, it has been brought up time and time again that we are not obliged to notify you if your thread has been deleted. Third, you haven't wasted any money in posting your stuff for free here so spare the argument. Fourth, it is clear that you haven't read the rules... you violated a very simple rule, yes a simple rule... but no matter how simple, it is still a violation.

II.Posting of Threads

Â* Â* * All posts must only be prefixed by the following terms:
    Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* i. FS (For Sale) - when trying to sell something
    Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* ii.LF (Looking For) - when you look for something which is not found in the forum.

first of all sir.. i wasnt asking for you or any of the moderators sympathy.

offensive approach? bakit po? did i offend you or the site in any way? im sorry but i dint know that making a "reklamo" and voicing out concerns here in istorya is being interpreted as an offensive approach. ok lets say, the usage of words may be percieved by others as somehow offensive or in your interpretation offensive, what would you expect from a member na 4 times na nag timpi sa deletion of threads and posts? kaya nga in the subject may nakalagay na -PISSED MEMBER. i dont know if naiinis ka na you would still be able to use the right words. Besides if you were the calm type of person pag naiinis.. im not. iba iba tayo. so i think its not right that you call me and the way i voice out my concern/s as offensive cause if i dint watch my words carefully, you'd be seeing more of curses than punctuation marks. but im not here para makig lalis nimu sir. Im sure you know better than me as a senior here in istorya.

With the notification - i understand that. My point is this.. if notifications wont be sent then i think you guys wll continue to recieve messages of members asking why nawala yung posts at threads nila. Hindi ba nakakabulag reading all their reklamos na THE SAME ang content? And you have to admit na hindi naman maganda yung agad-agad na dedelete lang ng ganun yung thread mo. especially to those in the BSTC forum. They have buers and customers to keep track.

With the FREE thing that you were saying.. you have a point but considering im an internet cafe user.. im paying for the time i spend over the net... still the FREE posting that you are talking about na hindi naman sure if may bibili ba talaga pag nagpost ka wont compensate pa rin the effort and wasted time...

Cge lets say i violated a rule.. cguro i did.. probably il read the rules again and memorize it by heart.. but LOOK... browse every thread and posts - super dami ang nagviviolate sa rules.(at ano ang ginagawa pag may nagviolate ng rule? thread and post automatically deleted) BUT HOW COME THEIR THREADS ARE STILL THERE? :mrgreen:

by the way.. dont misinterpret me.. pasensya kana if you think this is offensive. (but u can always delete this thread you know)

Blog Entries

Sending me a PM demanding a lot of stuff like I was your slave and shouting in my face looks offensive in my books. Keep in mind that we are here to enforce the rules not to educate you about them, it is your duty to comply with those rules. Whether you have read them or not is not our problem anymore.

With the notification - i understand that. My point is this.. if notifications wont be sent then i think you guys wll continue to recieve messages of members asking why nawala yung posts at threads nila. Hindi ba nakakabulag reading all their reklamos na THE SAME ang content? And you have to admit na hindi naman maganda yung agad-agad na dedelete lang ng ganun yung thread mo. especially to those in the BSTC forum. They have buers and customers to keep track.
    This may surprise you, but, not a lot complain about their threads being deleted. If I were in your shoes and my thread gets deleted, I might or might not get pissed. But one thing is certain, I'll review the rules and check if I violated a rule or not. Whether I violated something or not, I'd send a moderator/administrator a polite request for review or simply re-post my thread and make sure that it conforms with the rules.

With the FREE thing that you were saying.. you have a point but considering im an internet cafe user.. im paying for the time i spend over the net... still the FREE posting that you are talking about na hindi naman sure if may bibili ba talaga pag nagpost ka wont compensate pa rin the effort and wasted time.
    I am a generally tolerant person. But please, do not ever talk about "wasted money" and the likes of it. Like anywhere else, advertising / posting here doesn't guarantee a positive result and I'm pretty sure you know that. Be considerate when bringing up such issues as you are posting here for free and we are exerting a lot of effort in maintaining the boards (also for free for everyone's benefit).

Cge lets say i violated a rule.. cguro i did.. probably il read the rules again and memorize it by heart.. but LOOK... browse every thread and posts - super dami ang nagviviolate sa rules.(at ano ang ginagawa pag may nagviolate ng rule? thread and post automatically deleted) BUT HOW COME THEIR THREADS ARE STILL THERE?
    Like you, it is impossible for us to read every single thread present here. If you feel that some threads have violated the rules, you can report them to us for proper action.

I would like to make things clear a bit for you iryn, if you won't mind Beor.

First of all i understand your side. All the hardworks, the time, the money and the effort you spend in accessing istorya.net via an internet cafe.

Take this for example. You are given a totally free one week vacation (with meals, transpo, hot spa, everything) to boracay. You accepted it. While you enjoy the white sands and the blue clear water of boracay, you found out that you are given a curfew to roam the beach only until 6:00 p.m. Do you think you have the right to demand from the organizer to lift the curfew just because you are there?

My point is, istorya.net is here for us all. and its here for free. just because its free doesn't mean we all have the freedom to do whatever we want. Do remember that somebody carried the burden for us so that it (istorya.net) would be free for all its members.

Maybe, if you paid a fee just to be a member of this site then maybe i can say that you have the right to demand for being informed that your thread was deleted,etc.

Let's just follow the rules here. we will lose nothing in doing it. If you have issues and concerns, pm the moderators. request for clarification. negotiate. Because and again, its FREE.

Have a nice day!!

I already suggested to the Administrators to give the user who posted the item that is sold already to have the option delete their own post.

But I still don't have their response.

Now they are mad and say that we are demanding a lot of things from them when the post gets deleted

If we are allowed to delete our posted items then this will save a lot of hard drive space...

If the administrators just want the delete priveledges for themselves then expect a lot of deleted post

So just keep posting after the post has been deleted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UCAV
    I already suggested to the Administrators to give the user who posted the item that is sold already to have the option delete their own post.

But I still don't have their response.

Now they are mad and say that we are demanding a lot of things from them when the post gets deleted

If we are allowed to delete our posted items then this will save a lot of hard drive space...

If the administrators just want the delete priveledges for themselves then expect a lot of deleted post

So just keep posting after the post has been deleted.
    UCAV, you are not making any sense.

First of all, read the thread and please understand everything before posting. iryn complained that her thread was deleted, what would granting deleting rights to users have anything to do with that? Second, what is the difference with us deleting your threads and you deleting it, they still end up being deleted. Third, the main issue here is compliance with the rules. It's really simple, comply and be happy. If you don't want to comply, then you have to accept the consequence. Fourth, you suggested to keep posting, remember that persistent violations will result in a ban. Post in compliance. That's all we ask.

well I already suggested if you wan't to conserve space it you servers

give that OPTION to the sellers of the item

If you feel that DELETE option is highly prized

Well imo mani nga site

naka register sa imo

ikaw na bahala....

Blog Entries

Deleting threads doesn't, in any way, save us disk space. After deletion, the DB's still needs to be manually optimized to recover the said space... we are giving it some thought, but we feel no need to rush.

giving the option to delete their own post would alllow self-discipline

if they posted the wrong thread

they can told to delete it instead of waiting for you

its about SELF-REGULATION....

if naa mo abuse that is the time you do the LASHING....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast