Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does companies accept pregnant applicants?

Hi! I'm a fresh grad and I really need work asap. Do you know any company or any work who accepts pregnant applicants?

ambot lang kaha kung naa ba, kay sa akong nadunggan kasagaran, once makahibaw imong gi applyan (kay apil man gyud na pregrancy test sa mga female applicants) mo advice sila nga balik nya lang mam inig human nimo panganak.

DO companies accept pregnant applicants?

Legislation in Australia SPECIFICALLY forbids the question of whether one is pregnant or not when applying for work. I would get myself familiar with the LAbor laws in the Philippines as it is plainly discrimination.

Being pregnant is not a reason to NOT accept you. Once i applied as a customer support agent and one questuon they have was of i am preggers, and they stated the reason behind it which is to check whether one if fit for a morning shift or something.

Anyway, preggers or not, you should be able to get hired so long as you are qualified.
    Last edited by MollyMillions; 07-04-2018 at 05:00 PM.

I asked one company if they accept preggy applicants and they told me to come back after giving birth.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMillions View Post
    DO companies accept pregnant applicants?

Legislation in Australia SPECIFICALLY forbids the question of whether one is pregnant or not when applying for work. I would get myself familiar with the LAbor laws in the Philippines as it is plainly discrimination.

Being pregnant is not a reason to NOT accept you. Once i applied as a customer support agent and one questuon they have was of i am preggers, and they stated the reason behind it which is to check whether one if fit for a morning shift or something.

Anyway, preggers or not, you should be able to get hired so long as you are qualified.
    It's so sad to think that most companies here in the Philippines don't accept pregnant applicants because it's a hassle for them. I'm a fresh grad and I'm confident that I'm fit to work even if there's a bun in the oven, and now I'm thinking of applying anything that's available as long as they will accept me. This is how desperate I am! 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Ghadz View Post
    ambot lang kaha kung naa ba, kay sa akong nadunggan kasagaran, once makahibaw imong gi applyan (kay apil man gyud na pregrancy test sa mga female applicants) mo advice sila nga balik nya lang mam inig human nimo panganak.
    mao lge. Naa may homebase kanang tutor pero kaylangan sd lge ug kusog nga internet. Wla mn sd ta budget para invest ug internet ug other requirements nila oy. hahays

kasagaran gyud tingali diri atoa kung mahibawan na buntis ka. ingnon gyud tingali nga balik human panganak. Kontra man gud kaau sa compnya ang absences.

unya kung buntis di gyud kalikayan ang pag absent. hasol man sad kung mag training unya cge absent unya inig kat-on nasad absent nasad kay manganak.

kung ako pod employer, di pod ko..pero in a subtle way or di gyud ingnon nga about sa pregnancy..
    lisud kaayo nang bag-ong gi-hire, wagtang dayon for a few months kay manganak...labi pang uban kanang call center nga inig schedule na balik, mo-AWOL na or resign dayon...way gratitude..

Simple ra rasun sa company, nganu maghasol man kos mabdos naa man daghan applicant nga dili

unless naay balaod ana sa pinas, but i doubt..if naa man gani naa ghhapon workaround ang company.

mas maayo pahuway lang sa kung preggy para di makuhaan...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast