Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bawal mag-shoot sa Cebu? (Photography Permits)

Hi,

Visiting Cebu soon and want to do night or street photography. Do I need to secure a permit if all I am bringing is a tripod + SLR body + lens?

Photo is for hobby purposes. I want to photo the beautiful Cebu Capitol building.

If sa street lang I don't think you need any permit

the guards at the capitol building can be finicky sometimes, best take the shot from the street and not in the capitol grounds. as for other areas in cebu, the cebu business park and IT park in lahug does not allow photography in their grounds. dont ask me why though, as i cant see the logic of it when there are many using phones with cameras that can rival dslr quality. i did a corporate shoot once at the IT park and the guard told me to stop. i asked where i could get a permit and he said no permits are given for shoots. maybe i should have just used an iphone

if you are taking pictures from the streets then there shouldn't be any permit needed. it's a public place and you are a taxpayer. unless in areas owned by developers like IT Park, Cebu Business Parks,etc.
    Last edited by kok3n; 01-07-2015 at 05:25 AM.

@sevmik, i think sa IT Park. the company will secure the permit not the photographer. thats what happen to me mao na allowed ko to shoot corporate outside building

Unsa kaha reason not to? Ma copy ila bldg design? Security plan?

As if feeling secure sila kung di ma himoan ug litrato but in reality they are simply announcing their insecurity. Lihay nalang anang mga lugara, nothing interesting to promote using photography from those places.

Quote Originally Posted by cebu_doki View Post
    Unsa kaha reason not to? Ma copy ila bldg design? Security plan?

Quote Originally Posted by dolina View Post
    Hi,

Visiting Cebu soon and want to do night or street photography. Do I need to secure a permit if all I am bringing is a tripod + SLR body + lens?

Photo is for hobby purposes. I want to photo the beautiful Cebu Capitol building.
    To make sure, don't do it alone.find somebody from here na pwide mo gawin guide or makasama sa shooting.
    because not all streets in cebu are ok for street photographers.
    Last edited by letsee!; 01-19-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Nka-try pud ko sa may SRP na new condominium, naa siya nindot na trees gud murag pang-hollywood, haha. Gi-bawalan mi sa guard didto. Can't blame him though, management rules man gud. Pero nice unta didto.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelocana View Post
    @sevmik, i think sa IT Park. the company will secure the permit not the photographer. thats what happen to me mao na allowed ko to shoot corporate outside building
    bossMike, basin case to case ra. kay katong sa akong case ang australian CEO mismo ni ask sa building admin og permission then ingon ang admin nga gipahibalo na daw nila ang IT park admin so abi namo ok na. verbal ra nuon to, wala jud papers haha

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast