Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Pre-Election 2016 Information Thread

This thread is intended only for any updates prior the 2016 national elections. Any comments for the presidential and senatorial candidates shall be posted on their respective thread here in Politics and Current Events.

Here's a start and notice to all registered voters.

MANILA, Philippines - Eight million voters still do not have their biometics data with the Commission on Elections, according to the poll body's spokesperson James Jimenez.

Jimenez said most of these voters, who had registered in 2004, should visit election offices for the recording of their biometrics data consisting of the registrant's picture and computer-recorded fingerprint and signature.

The data will help the Comelec weed out the final voters' list of double, multiple, or illegitimate registrants.

"So ang advice naming sa kanila ay i-validate nila ang record nila para malaman kung nakunan na sila ng biometrics or hindi pa [So our advice is for them to validate their records to find out whether their biometrics had alredy been recorded]," Jimenez told reporters in a recent interview.

Nonetheless, Jimenez assured that the Comelec would be able to comply with Republic Act 10367 or the Mandatory Biometrics Registration Act of 2013 for the 2016 polls.

Under the law, individuals without biometrics data before the polls will be removed from the voters' list.
    Source: Interaksyon.com

Blog Entries
    Depending on technology, 2016 polls to cost P7B to P60B

Depending on technology, 2016 polls to cost P7B to P60B

animala.........

Blog Entries
    “Registered as a voter before 2004? If yes, you must validate your registration starting May 6, 2014 or you might not be able to vote in 2016,” Jimenez said.

Republic Act No. 10367 or the Mandatory Biometrics Registration Act of 2013, states that voters who fail to submit for validation prior to the May 2016 elections shall be deactivated from the voters’ list and will not be allowed to vote.

The Comelec has set voters’ registration from May 6, 2014 to October 31, 2015 in election offices nationwide.
    Lack of biometrics could disenfranchise 7.3M voters in 2016 - Comelec - InterAksyon.com

Elite Member
    hasola ani.

naa pud ne... boycot

Ig Pili sa Kandidato - Maka Gasto si Jaun Dela Cruz
    Ig naa nay Mapili - Gasto ghapon sa Kurakot

Blog Entries
    ​wa nay laing paagi nga di makagasto ang comelec og ingon ana kadako na budget or basin bloated budget napud ni ? padung sa bulsa ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lhorenzoo View Post
    ​wa nay laing paagi nga di makagasto ang comelec og ingon ana kadako na budget or basin bloated budget napud ni ? padung sa bulsa ?
    Naay laing paagi boss. Naay group sa mga Filipino IT scientists/professionals and election watchdogs nga willing motabang para sa clean and honest electoral system. Pero unsaon ta man gusto man gyud sa atong gobyerno nga makagasto ug dako, nipili ug foreign voting system nga naay anomaly.

naa gyud sguro kwarta ani comelec kay mugasto man jud sila ingon ana ka dako , i am pretty sure na naa pay maayong paagi na di maka gasto og subra kaayo .

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast