Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Large Caecilians in Amazon Looks like Human Body Part

A group of engineers building a dam in the Amazon recently discovered an Atretochoana eiseltiis, better known as a caecilian, which some people might know as a limbless amphibian, but let’s be honest, the creature pictured above is a ***** snake.

Monga Bay reports
    that the strange creature was discovered while the Madeira River was being drained as part of a damn building project in Brazil’s Madeira River. Biologist Julian Tupan said that six ***** snakes were found at the bottom of the river.

Tupan said:
    “Of the six we collected, one died, three were released back into the wild and another two were kept for studies. Despite looking like snakes, they aren’t reptiles and are more closely related to salamanders and frogs. We think the animal breathes through its skin, and probably feeds on small fish and worms, but there is still nothing proven.The Amazon is a box of surprises when it comes to reptiles and amphibians. There are still much more to be discovered.”
    The Digital Journal notes that the discovery was made last November but it was only announced this week after biologist deemed that it was a new species.
    Informally, the new Amazon River dweller is being called a “floppy snake,” but media outlets are having a little fun coming up with names like ***** snake and man-aconda.

Anybody else have a good name for the Atretochoana eiselti is?

More info:
    The animal was discovered while draining a portion of the Madeira River — a major tributary of the Amazon — for a controversial hydroelectric project. Six individuals were found according to biologist Julian Tupan, who identified the species asAtretochoana eiselti. Little else is known about the species, although it is thought to be aquatic and lacks lungs, breathing through its skin instead. Other individuals have been found mouth the mouth of the Amazon, more than 2,500 km away. Caecilians are typically predators, feeding on small fish, worms, and other aquatic invertebrates. They have poor eye-sight and navigate primarily though smell.

Atretochoana eiseltiis the largest known caecilian, attaining a length of 75 cm (30 inches), or more than twice the size of the next-largest known species

Photo by: Matt Roper
    Source: ***** Snake Discovered In Brazil
    Another Source: http://news.mongabay.com/2012/0802-*...ke-amazon.html

(hahahaha! Pardon me mga bro's kay ako mga Source ERROR man due to foul words.. Search nalang ninyo sa Google og P-E-N-I-S Snake,) Thanks!

- Hahahahahaha!Haskang lawgaha pud ani Newly Species na na discover ui.. first impression jud nako O10 jud kaau hitsura with naa pay UGAT-UGAT og MUSCLE hahahaha!murag pariho jud sa akoa dah!!.. haskang NGA-NGAha sa mga BAYOT ani bah! bwahahaha!
    Last edited by rodsky; 08-05-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Default Re: '***** snake' discovered in Brazil is actually a rare species of amphibian!MUST SEE!!

010 nga buhi.....

Default Re: '***** snake' discovered in Brazil is actually a rare species of amphibian!MUST SEE!!

Quote Originally Posted by muchacha00 View Post
    010 nga buhi.....
    hahaha..mura jud hnoun bai..

Default Re: 'P-E-N-I-S snake' discovered in Brazil is actually a rare species of amphibian!MUST SEE!!

kadako sa vitin!

Default Re: 'P-E-N-I-S snake' discovered in Brazil is actually a rare species of amphibian!MUST SEE!!

hahahaha!!! Unsa kaha mga bro noh kung naa ni sa merkado bah.. ang tindero magcge singgit og O10 mo diha, O10 mo diha 100 lng.. Hahahaha! maglumba jud ang mga bayot og palit ani bah..!

mura man nig bakasi ts,

manluwa sad ni?

Quote Originally Posted by vanjo86 View Post
    mura man nig bakasi ts,

manluwa sad ni?
    hahahaha!ambot lng pud kaha boss kay nakita raman nako ni sa FB then ako lng pud gi research.. hahahaha! sagdi lng boss mangita ko ani kay ako buhion then ingnon lng nya taka unsa ability,appearance, etc. ani mananapan nga ginganlan nila O10 SNAKE.. hahahaha!

choya ani oi.. mao ni nindot dad-on2x na pet.. "dont touch my birdie"

Kulbaa gd ani. Aha mn iya mata ani? Aw nuon wala mn gani mata akoa, iyaha pa nuon. hehehe

delikado ug mao ni musolod sa samad

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast