Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HELP: i suddenly lost a folder in my computer

i suddenly lost a folder in my computer, it's a folder about 10gb of files. i was just transferring files from a different folder into that folder and all of a sudden, it couldn't be found. i was pretty sure i didn't delete it because there would've been a confirmation window which would ask me 1st. and if i did delete it, i could've found it in my recycle bin, right? i tried every pc recover software that was free but it could find it.

does anyone here know anything that may help?
    would really love to have some light on this....
    thank you.

Default Re: HELP: i suddenly lost a folder in my computer

Before you start, not that you should not to plug your flashdrive in a PC that has a lot of viruses/malware. Also, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST FILES OR DAMAGES THAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR FILES AND COMPUTER, SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE.

windows key+R
    type "cmd"
    *without the quotes

you should be at the command prompt. type,
    attrib -h -r -s <drive letter>:\*.* /s /d

Example where F:\ is the drive of your flashdrive:
    "attrib -h -r -s f:/*.* /s /d"

wait for a few seconds/minutes if the files are large, you may have to wait longer.

what does this do exactly? does this copy the lost folder into the flash drive? if so, i may need a bigger flash drive at that since my flash drive is only 8gb.
    am i right to assume that?

use Hiren's boot CD and use the GetDataBack all your doc,pics,vid,mp3 and etc.....ma recover pa..~!~ try search google its free

try daw folder settings nya i check ang show hidden files/folders...

@hardtech: i've used hiren's, getback and 3 other file recovery programs.
    @kacy143: my settings have always been to show all hidden files and folders. but thanks though, i had to recheck upon your comment, and they were still not hidden.

first asa ang directory ani niya mam drive c. drive d. .. etc....
    if wala nimo na delete tingali na drag siya sa lain nga folder system restore daw mam let see what happen... or click MY COMPUTER then search the name of that FOLDER if u can remember... thank u

@hardtech: i was actually able to recover some of the files then, but not all. maybe 1/8 cguro of the whole folder. i used one of the recovery programs, i forgot which 1.

@yankee rose: it was originally in drive f. that was what i thought initially, nga na-accidentally drag nako to another folder. i actually did an undo, just so i can undo the move. but wala jud. so i searched it in my computer, wala ghapon. that's when i tried different file recovery programs to simply locate the folder. it didn't located the folder though, but somehow one of the programs was able to recover, what i believe, were some files from that folder. now, i'm not very sure if it really recovered the files from that folder, or those were just files i had deleted on purpose a long time ago (they may have been duplicates that i deleted).

wala kawata ts

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast