Default ONE - campaign to make poverty history

Just sign in to www.one.org and be a part of the event of helping the less fortunate in the world...

Mods I don't know where to post this topic so please transfer lang if this does not belong here....

Default Re: ONE - campaign to make poverty history

it's just a matter of giving your email add. you'll receive notifications every now and then.

[img width=478 height=600]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/unofficialplayer/12898a_touching_photo-med.jpg[/img]

I feel sorry for the kid in the picture.

Let's HELP!!!!

oh my gosh!.. aw.. i feel sorry for the kids too..

they need help..

ONE REACTION TO G8 SUMMIT COMMUNIQUÉ

On July 8, 2005, the leaders of the Group of Eight (G committed to a comprehensive package of aid to Africa. British Prime Minister Tony Blair announced the G8 would increase aid to Africa by $25 billion, more than a doubling of 2004 levels; increase global assistance by around $50 billion per year by 2010; provide near-universal access to HIV/AIDS treatment drugs; cancel the debt of some of the world's poorest nations; and address trade reforms in the near future.

STATEMENT FROM ONE:

"The ONE campaign is encouraged by the commitment at the G8 Summit to fighting the crisis of extreme poverty and global AIDS. We welcome the pledges by G8 leaders to provide an additional $25 billion in development assistance to address the emergency in Africa as part of an additional $50 billion globally by 2010. The 1.4 million Americans who have joined the ONE campaign take satisfaction in the recent commitment to double U.S. aid to Africa and President Bush's commitment of more to come. We will remain vigilant to ensure that those promises are made a reality.

"These pledges are a positive step forward in a comprehensive debt-aid-trade deal to reduce extreme poverty in the poorest countries. Based on the outcomes of this summit, the United States has moved a step closer to achieving the ONE campaign's goal of devoting an additional 1% of the budget to reducing extreme poverty.

"ONE will continue to advocate for more and better aid, expanded debt relief and trade reform that helps poor countries trade their way out of poverty."

yeap! i signed up already

8.    Advertisement