Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Any organized star gazing?

While talking about the meteor show it just reminds me of star gazing katung college pa ko, naa bay mga istoryans diri na ang organize ug star gazing?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any organized star gazing?

Quote Originally Posted by breinrules View Post
    While talking about the meteor show it just reminds me of star gazing katung college pa ko, naa bay mga istoryans diri na ang organize ug star gazing?
    We used to do this sa USC-TC and sa Ayala Terraces in 2009-2010. But it seems everyone in the CA3 (Cebu Amateur Astronomy Association) is busy, and some of the founding members (including myself) have left Cebu. Pero jfox is still around--he could organize one for you guys over there.

Here are some old iStorya threads about our past activities here in Cebu:

https://www.istorya.net/forums/partie...t-23-09-a.html

https://www.istorya.net/forums/partie...4-6-00-pm.html

https://www.istorya.net/forums/sports...ml#post4096519

-RODION

no idea.. maybe they are just zipping...

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    We used to do this sa USC-TC and sa Ayala Terraces in 2009-2010. But it seems everyone in the CA3 (Cebu Amateur Astronomy Association) is busy, and some of the founding members (including myself) have left Cebu. Pero jfox is still around--he could organize one for you guys over there.

Here are some old iStorya threads about our past activities here in Cebu:

https://www.istorya.net/forums/partie...t-23-09-a.html

https://www.istorya.net/forums/partie...4-6-00-pm.html

https://www.istorya.net/forums/sports...ml#post4096519

-RODION
    Yeah completo gyud akong attendance ani. Sayang lang kay ang nag organize ani ni graduate naman gud pag 2011 mga active man kaayu to sila ug events. Pag 2010-2011 di sila ka organize kay 5th year naman busy sa OJT ug thesis. And the batch na left today sa physics are not that active compared sa old batches.

I hope someone in USC PhySoc will organize stuff like this again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by breinrules View Post
    Yeah completo gyud akong attendance ani. Sayang lang kay ang nag organize ani ni graduate naman gud pag 2011 mga active man kaayu to sila ug events. Pag 2010-2011 di sila ka organize kay 5th year naman busy sa OJT ug thesis. And the batch na left today sa physics are not that active compared sa old batches.

I hope someone in USC PhySoc will organize stuff like this again.
    To organize such activities, one shouldn't only have a "passing interest" in astronomy or amateur astronomy--it takes a very deep passion, perhaps one that reaches as far back as your early childhood years, to be able to sustain a group or organization that is dedicated to pursuing the hobby or (a much nobler goal) to spread the interest among other people.

The problem with student-based organizations is, most come from differing backgrounds, and like you said, a student's main preoccupation is academic work, and the demands and rigors of pure amateur astronomy will only tend to disrupt the flow of schoolwork. Yes, there will be the exceptional ones who will excel despite being involved with such an organization, but the fact nga isa ra siya or gamay ra sila who are that "hardcore" mao nga maglisod dyud sila ug sustain sa group.

I think this is what basically happened with the USC Astronomical Society. Back in the 1990's, Chris (Go) formed the group, but after he left USC, the group slowly waned. It's also the same with the MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology Astronomical Society (MIAS) that I helped form back in 2004. After I left Iligan City, it too slowly waned.

This sort of endeavor requires strong personalities who are passionate about what they do, to the point that they will favor to postpone other equally important activities just so a certain astronomical event can be observed, for as I've often said, "An astronomical event WAITS FOR NO ONE--it will happen whether you're there or not." If you don't have such people in the group, then the group will be doomed to wane as well.

-RODION

reading this brought me back to the days of "planetarium". it only happen once in our school (Saint Michael School @ argao) way back high school days.

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    2009 ni.? wa ko nakabantay ani. T_T

nindot ni. pero mga gadgets ani mahal ba?

Quote Originally Posted by argarso View Post
    nindot ni. pero mga gadgets ani mahal ba?
    Kung telescopes imung gamit bai mahal2x gyud na. Search for the net I think you can make a DIY telescope using your webcam and an SLR camera lens

special mention man diay ko diri...we can have a star party but sad to say i only have a binoculars, we can also have a chit chat about astronomy.

anyone interested just pm me or reply to the post here.
    Last edited by jfox; 03-08-2012 at 12:06 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast