Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Love also causes suicide

Love may be the first thing that a person considers when entering a relationship, but it is also the number one reason why one commits suicide, a marriage and family counselor said.

Citing studies and personal experience with patients, Maribel Dionisio of Love Institute Philippines said love -- or lack of love -- is usually what causes a person to decide to end his or her life.

Dionisio made the statement as two suicide killings in separate malls in a span of a week sent security experts and parents into a frenzy.

Both the September 20 shooting in SM Pampanga involving two minors and the September 14 incident in SM North EDSA have been labeled by police as a "crime of passion."

"The number one reason for suicide is love. The number two reason for suicide is no love," Dionisio said in an interview on ANC's "Headstart" on Monday.

"It's about the lack of love, either from a special friend or from the family -- or too much of it -- that a person feels bad."

Dionisio noted that teens are at a much higher risk for suicide since "they are still maturing."

Given this, she stressed the need for "proper guidance and love and affection" to prevent them from "doing things on their own."

"The 13-year-old had a problem and he did not share it with a responsible adult. The error is in not creating a network where the child can talk. So we have to do that," Dionisio said, referring to the young man who killed himself after shooting his 16-year-old friend in SM Pampanga.

"Teenagers will imitate anything. Maybe in this case, this teenager is desperate, he feels so bad and has no one to talk to...they do the same thing."

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle...suicide-expert

Default Re: Love also causes suicide

agree...

but dili lang ta mag suicide kay habang may buhay may pag.asa.... anyway, love heals love...

Parents who are irresponsible on nurturing their children should also be scrutinized.

Blog Entries

Love Institute Philippines

completely disagree..... its the person's support mechanism... naa man gani nagpakamatay tungod wala paliti ug laptop.... it all boils down to character.... how one can be strong inspite of the hardships he will face...

not love but low in EQ.................

Blog Entries

...kanang mga mag-suicide tungod sa gugma kay mga "GAGMAYG UTOK!"

gugmang giatay

"Teenagers will imitate anything. Maybe in this case, this teenager is desperate, he feels so bad and has no one to talk to...they do the same thing." - Dionisio

Dionisio reminds me of those loud mouth moralists who generalize things and people.

Quote Originally Posted by wire View Post
    ...kanang mga mag-suicide tungod sa gugma kay mga "GAGMAYG UTOK!"
    wahahahaha gamay d.i tog utok sila Romeo og Juliet ....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast