Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: mas prefer ASP.NET or PHP?

I like php and i prefer becuz im a pro opensource

Quote Originally Posted by nullpointer View Post
    Its not always how much money the company spent for microsoft products. Consider also the income generated out of it. Maybe those companies got lots of $$$$$$$$$$ by investing/using microsoft products.

plus, if you're a decision maker in IT, you can't just say

"We will not use Microsoft Products because we are wasting money and Open Source Rules!"

please consider the requirements.

We'll ASP.net and PHP has Pro's and Con's...
    For those who are running websites for personal user...obviously would go for PHP
    Some big companies uses ASP.net though...

-- Philippine Hacker Conference --
    https://www.istorya.net/forums/

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Klave View Post
    Private companies should soon realize how much money they are wasting on Microsoft Products...

Open Source Rules!
    my company is wasting hell a lot of money hahahahahaha but we just deliver $2.3B worth of project lol

Private companies should soon realize how much money they are wasting on Microsoft Products...

Open Source Rules!
    karun pako, just now

Quote Originally Posted by markredolf View Post
    one thing, .net developers are paid higher in most cases
    agree ko ani

Quote Originally Posted by yanong_banikanhon View Post
    Bug-at gyud tinuod ang ASP.NET webforms, bay. Unsaon gi-model man gud ni nila sa windows forms nga stateful bisa'g stateless ang http protocol. Kun gusto ka'g mas gaan, limpyo'g agi nga framework, you can use ASP.NET MVC. Unlike ASP.NET webforms, an ASP.NET MVC application doesn't rely on viewstate. It embraces the stateless nature of http. Unya, like any other web mvc frameworks, convention over configuration is encouraged. This means that if you follow the convention (ex. putting a 'Controller' suffix for all controller classes), you can create a fully functional web app in just a few minutes.

Just a note about licensing. You don't need specific license for ASP.NET. IIS and the .NET framework come with any 'server-based' Windows OS. Yes, you need to buy the OS license but similar case applies for Linux servers. Though free versions are available, most companies do not use them in the production environment. That is the reason why almost all linux distro's have their own commercial variant of linux (ex. RedHat's RHEL, Suse Enterprise).

Going back to the topic, I've been using ASP.NET for years (I've tried PHP before pero dugay na kaayo to nga panahon ) so mas comfortable ko sa ASP.NET.
    nice explanation bro... actually, sugod pa ko og ASP.Net MVC, so far ok cya, another challenge na pud para nako ne.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    plus, if you're a decision maker in IT, you can't just say

"We will not use Microsoft Products because we are wasting money and Open Source Rules!"

please consider the requirements.
    agree ko ani. Open Source Rules gihapon ko sa una bisag karon pero dili na kaau ana ka die-hard. If you are higher up the development chain maka-sabot ra pud ka why dako advantage using proprietary solutions.

In my case, Microsoft support has provided us a big help on our enterprise issues. Pwede pud ka magpa-analyze sa imong mga applications down to the CLR level to further squeeze more power out from your systems. Daghan pud sila ginahatag na advice and best practices sa among database architecture which you can rarely find online.

Of course mahal ang bayad but dako pud percentage na you get more than what you paid for.

Open Source Rules!
    Rank-in-file developers dagko percentage maka ingon gyud ani

Quote Originally Posted by yanong_banikanhon View Post
    Bug-at gyud tinuod ang ASP.NET webforms, bay. Unsaon gi-model man gud ni nila sa windows forms nga stateful bisa'g stateless ang http protocol.
    boss can you direct me to an article that refers to this topic that says asp .net webforms are like windows forms na stateful sya or is this your own opinion? If it is your own opinion, i will disagree with you on this. If naa ka article, I will consider it as added info and/or correction to my current knowledge about ASP .NET

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast