Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default wheres the best place to listen to blues?

tan aw ko ninyo bay...mobirada man kaha mog mga buddy guy songs?

Update: Two have already agreed on Sunday's meeting (June 19). Just pm or txt me for verification. (3 na mi!)

Incidentally, Carlo Borromeo's band will be performing on June 24, we can make that as our 1st official gathering... but first, we all need to meet prior to that event...

What: Informal Meeting
    Who: Blues fans
    Where: Backlot of Ayala Center (lagoon)
    When: Sunday, June 19, 2005 @ 4 PM
    Why: lisud kaayo mag organize thru email/forum!!!

Reply intawon mo mga friends... para ni natong tanan!!!

It was cool meeting with Serpentboy and Carlo at Ayala this afternoon. We had a chance to discuss our favorite bands, players, guitar tones and solos. I look forward to seeing you guys at Honduraw this Friday nite. Hope some of the other cats who read this will also show up... The bigger the crowd, the better the performance by the bands.

It was a pleasure meeting with Vince and Carlo!

For you guys who didn't show up, you missed a lot, really.

I'm still optimistic that we'll ALL gonna meet and have a great time.

So to all the blues/rock n roll lovers out there, let's get together on Friday June 24 @Handuraw cafe to support Carlo and his band, listen to great music, have fun, and get a chance to know each other. I'm sure it's gonna be a blast!!!

hey im looking forward to meet you guys, if i cant play then i might as well enjoy the time listening to you all play...who among you has a buddy guy cd? mp3? i only have 1 song and its his take on jimi hendrix's redhouse blues...

I only have one track by Buddy Guy at the moment. It's a version of Mustang Sally that sounds like a live recording. More RnB than Blues, though.

Also, for you blues harp players out there...Check out [www.harptab.com] for info on blues harp playing. They have tons of lyrics, too - vince

Thanks for the info Vince!

I hope others would be there on the 24th - I'm sure we'll gonna have a great time.

The more, the merrier!!!

Default Re: wheres the best place to listen to blues?

Alas!!! My attempt at organizing a Blues group has failed. It could have been better if everyone remained as enthusiastic about the idea as everyone did when steelwater started this thread. I'm sure you guys love the Blues, and having a group would certainly be a good thing. Just imagine what could happen (had we formed the group): get to meet fellow Blues fanatics, having a Blues party every weekend, get to form Blues bands and have jamming sessions, sharing resources, learning Blues licks and tricks from the masters, etc. I'm still waiting for that day when we can all meet and have a great time, and I'm still optimistic about it.

So if anyone would like to spearhead another attempt at organizing some sort of a Blues group, count me in. Just PM me and you'll have my full support.

So until then, this is serpentboy, on standby mode...

"There ain't nobody here but us chickens..." - B.B. King

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast