View Poll Results: Should abortion and abortifacients be legalized through the RH bill?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 18.57%
  • No

57 81.43%
Page 145 of 222 FirstFirst ... 135142143144145146147148155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2211

Quote Originally Posted by wakkanakka View Post
    You're such a child. Obvious that you have a perosnal vendetta against @mannyamador. Kya all insults ka, no logic. Just like the other RH peeps. They are all good at insultong because rthey are always beaten by logic.

Please take your childish personal war somewhere else. Don't dirty up our forums. We don't want to stoop to you level of a loser.

NO to RH bill!!!
    YES to freedom!
    Why do people still consider calling someone gay an insult nowadays? I guess because he's so religious and his type thinks all gays go to hell, he thinks by pretending not to be gay even though he is, he won't go to hell. It is because you and he are religious lunatics that you conclude I'm being childish.

I assure you that I intended no insult in calling him gay. In this modern age, it's quite alright to call someone gay if they appear to be gay. Any negative connotations to the term are the direct fault of the bigoted religious folk like yourselves. A secularist, like me, doesn't attach anything negative to the term. It's like calling the color red, red. Or blue, blue.

naunsa nganong i legalize man ang abortion!?! for me i don't support this notion...each child/fetus inside the womb of a pregnant women has the right to LIVE and be LOVE...if they can't support the child then y not give it to people who can't make one?...overcrowding is not the reason to kill a life...

Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    indeed overpopulation is a BIG problem......if we don't know how to use it, of course. The world can actually accomodate more people. When you go to provinces, you will notice that if these provinces will be more developed, it will be less crowded in urban ares. Human resource should be an advantage of any country but the problem sa atoa, opportunities are more in the urban areas. This is a problem that should be solved without shortcuts. We might be able to lessen the growth of population, lessen the additional mouths to feed...but in the long run, we may also be cutting off our future human resources..
    Well if you're going to view human beings as resources then I can see why you'd want more and more people, just so they can be used like timber or coal. I can also see why some in the church would view things this way. More poor people = more good Catholics = $ = victory.

You people have this all the wrong way. You do not increase population and then use that population to generate more infrastructure. You must first have the improved infrastructure in place before you think about increasing the population, that way you can accommodate them. As of the moment, since this country is not prepared for the increase in population due to the shortage of critical infrastructure like schools, roads, power plants, then it behooves us to slow down the population rate until such time that such plans are in place and have been implemented.

People who are pro-RH bill are not anti-population growth per se. We are for infrastructure and readiness BEFORE population growth. The church lackeys view future population growth merely with an eye towards turning human beings into resources to be used and milked for cash, without ever thinking whether or not the infrastructure is already in place to support a larger population. I think the disaster in Manila makes quite clear that a lack of infrastructure and the concurrent overcrowding is not what we want for our society. We want controlled growth where critical infrastructure is in place BEFORE the growth in population comes in, not vice versa. The RH Bill is a crucial building block towards this goal.

Quote Originally Posted by raski View Post
    I can also see why some in the church would view things this way. More poor people = more good Catholics = $ = victory.
    hmmm.. mao ni si raski inyo gi tawag nga childish? hes pretty smart..
    he got it right... headshot...

shallow ra kaau view sa uban tao sa RH-BILL, they fail to see the purpose..
    shallow ra pud kaau pagsabot sa uban sa poverty.. they thought its the governments fault
    shallow ra kaau understanding sa overpopulation sa uban.. abi nila its just number or growth og people.. they dont understand simple supply and demand..

the church fails to address the fact that the poor families often have the largest family size.... it even fails to consider this as a fact..

the church blaims the government system.. instead of the people who made the system.. they would preach about changing the government instead of change happeing at a personal level..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i think your right bout manny, im starting to doubt his sexuality.. he talks bout S*x like murag wa katilaw..

Our Average Fertility rate in the Phils may have slowly dropped every year but is not enough to say we are OK regarding our population momentum and our people's reproductive health. it is simply not enough basis.

in statistics, one also need to see the extent of the "spread" in the normal curve and not only the mean average u know. one also has to look the class of families which have the largest and the smallest family size. and surely, the poor ones often have the largest family size.

besides, how about our teen abortion rate, teen pregnancy rate, maternal mortality rate, and infant mortality rate? they dropped like a rock? No, they are alarmingly increasing.

The reason is plain and simple: Filipinos, even if they want to, lack or have no access to family planning methods, services, and information/education thereof.

NO to Abortion!
    YES to the Reproductive Health Bill!!!
    Last edited by giddyboy; 10-16-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Big NO to abortion!

Quote Originally Posted by trednasyl View Post
    Asa ka ani nga source bay post sa imo source bhe....

Kung tinuod man gani ni.....
    Mao nay gii-ingon wala syang puso, wala syanng kaluluwa, para syang hayop na paga-la-gala.....

ok uyon kaayo ko nimo ani

para mas maayo if naa na DIVORCE law

RH-BILL = more education bout S*X and reproduction = less unexpected pregnancy = less abortions = less unexpected children = more money saved = better quality of life = less poverty = less uto2x = less corruption = more progress

if you say NO to abortion, say YES to RH-bill.. you cant abort a baby if there is no baby in the first place..

Quote Originally Posted by raski
    Well judging from the number of people who thought my joke was hilarious, I'd say a lot of people are listening to me.
    Oh yeah, a couple of pro-RH fanatics is a lot. I guess math isn't one of your strong points either. By the way I am not the only one who has been scoring you on your immaturity.

You really shouldn't project your insecurities on others. It's immature. Just because you're a gay pro-RH fanatic doesn't mean that everyone else you hate is gay or fanatical (I am neither of those). Have you tried seeking professional help for your hatred and prejudice?

Well, after that bout of silliness from the peanut gallery, let's get back on topic. Looks like we have even more evidence that increased contraceptive usage leads to even MORE abortions. Which is all the more reason to REJECT the RH/Abortion Bil (HB 5043)

Guttmacher Institute Claims Contraception Lowers Abortions, Data Shows Otherwise
    by Steven Ertelt , LifeNews.com Editor
    October 15, 2009
    http://www.lifenews.com/int1355.html

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- The new report issued earlier this week by the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute claims promoting expanded birth control and contraception has lowered abortions worldwide. However, firm statistical evidence from various nations shows abortions increase despite contraception promotion.

The report from the Guttmacher Institute, a former affiliate of the Planned Parenthood abortion business, has already been panned for relying on pro-abortion groups to draw its conclusions and promoting a dubious number of how many women have died from illegal abortions worldwide.

The Guttmacher study also claims "increases in global contraceptive use have contributed to a decrease in the number of unintended pregnancies and abortions."

It claims "positive global trends in increased contraceptive use" have helped "lower unintended pregnancy rates and declining abortion numbers."

"The rate of abortions in a given country corresponds mostly to the rate of unintended pregnancy, which in turn corresponds closely to rates of contraceptive use," Guttmacher claims.

However, recent news out of England dispels the long-held myth that promoting contraception and birth control reduces the number of abortions.

According to the London Daily Mail, teen pregnancy rates in England are now higher than they were in 1995 and pregnancies among girls under 16, below the age of sexual consent, are also at the highest level since 1998.

That is despite the British government spending £300 million (that's over $454 million for those of us in the United States) in an attempt to cut the number of teen pregnancies in half by promoting comprehensive sexual education.

The British teen abortion rate, according to the newspaper, has also climbed steadily since 1999 when the government released its Teenage Pregnancy Strategy.

That would be an aberration were it only an isolated case, but it is not.

Last year, officials in Sweden reported that the number of abortions increased 17 percent in Sweden from 2000 to 2007 despite sales of the morning after pill increasing during the same time period.

The morning after pill became a drug that could be sold over the counter in Sweden in 2001. In that time, sales of the drug tripled in the nation's capital and doubled nationwide.

Still, new national figures show 37,205 abortions in Sweden in 2007, up approximately 17 percent from the 30,980 done in 2000. In Stockholm, 10,259 abortions were done -- a 6.9 percent increase in just one year from the 2006 figures.

Meanwhile, last year the number of abortions in Scotland rose for the third straight year despite a heavy push for women to use the morning after pill.

Abortions in Scotland rose four percent according to a report from the British National Health Service and now number 13,703. That increase came after NHS reported 13,081 abortions in 2006, up from 12,603 the previous year -- an increase of nearly 3.8 percent.

Not only is the increased promoting of the morning after pill resulting in more abortions, not less, the number of women having repeat abortions is increasing as well.

NHS reports more than a quarter of women, 26.3 percent, who had an abortion in Scotland last year had at least one prior abortion before that. That's 3,600 women who had one or more abortions prior, according to the government's statistics.

Finally, a report from Planned Parenthood of Western Washington shows abortions are on the rise in Washington state even though it participated in Washington state’s Take Charge pilot program.

Take Charge is a Medicaid section 1115 Waiver program initiated in 2001 to provide free contraceptives to low-income women not already covered under Medicaid. It was originally funded for five years in 2001, then extended for three more years, and comes up for renewal in 2009.

Yet the PPWW annual report indicates abortions rose 16 percent from 7,790 in 2006 to 9,059 in 2007.

Abortion advocates have claimed higher use of the Plan B drug through over the counter sales will result in a drop in unintended pregnancies and fewer abortions.

Mary Emanuel, who runs the web site Abortion in Washington, studied the report and also found that the abortion increase occurred despite sales of over 106,000 emergency contraception kits to Planned Parenthood customers.

PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS AND THOSE OF THE UNBORN!
    NO TO THE COERCIVE RH/ABORTION BILL (HB 5043)!

Please sign the online petition AGAINST the Reproductive Health/Abortion Bill (HB5043)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/xxhb5043/
    Last edited by mannyamador; 10-17-2009 at 02:07 AM.

11.    Advertisement