View Poll Results: Should abortion and abortifacients be legalized through the RH bill?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 18.57%
  • No

57 81.43%
Page 144 of 222 FirstFirst ... 134141142143144145146147154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2211

The population growth rate of the Philippines is dropping like a rock!

Worse, our fertility rate is also dropping fast. We will be BELOW replacement level by 2020-2025. That will trigger population ageing, something for which no government has a solution. The number of aged dependents will increase while the relative size of the workforce, which will have fewer young people, will decrease. The only way to stop this disastrous situation is to have more young persons. useless contraceptive-based population control policies will NOT make things any better.

Code:
    ----------------------------------
    Period 	     Population growth rate
    1990-1995 	2.28%
    1995-2000 	2.09%
    2000-2005 	1.92%
    2005-2010 	1.82%
    2010-2015 	1.47%
    2015-2020 	1.21%
    2020-2025 	0.98%

---------------------------
    Period 	     Total fertility
    1990-1995 	4.14
    1995-2000 	3.73
    2000-2005 	3.34
    2005-2010 	3.11
    2010-2015 	2.60
    2015-2020 	2.24
    2020-2025 	1.98
    NOTE: Fertility rate in average number of children per woman

Source: Population Division of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat, World Population Prospects: The 2008 Revision, World Population Prospects: The 2008 Revision Population Database.

PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS AND THOSE OF THE UNBORN!
    NO TO THE COERCIVE RH/ABORTION BILL (HB 5043)!

Please sign the online petition AGAINST the Reproductive Health/Abortion Bill (HB5043)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/xxhb5043/
    Last edited by mannyamador; 10-15-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mannyamador View Post
    Worse, our fertility rate is also dropping fast. We will be BELOW replacement level by 2020-2025. That will trigger population ageing, something for which no government has a solution. The number of aged dependents will increase while the relative size of the workforce, which will have fewer young people, will decrease. The only way to stop this disastrous situation is to have more young persons. useless contraceptive-based population control policies will NOT make things any better.
    yeah, nice insight.... you let your children take care of you when you get old.. tsk tsk tsk.. what a typical lazy mentality...

ako parents are independent.. they can support themselves, i dont even need to contribute para mabuhi sila in a very comfortable life..

sa pilipinas, mas daghan bata kay sa tigulang oi.... your just adding more problems, maglisud na gani buhi dghan anak propose pa ghapon ka nga cge pa dayon og himu..

this guy's clearly out of touch with reality.. tsk tsk tsk..

its good that the rest of the world embraces population control measures.. atleast they acknowledge a problem... ang pilipinas as usual.. ulahi ghapon sa balita.. tsk2x

The population growth rate of the Philippines is dropping like a rock!
    Kanindot kung tinood ni!

support the RH-BILL! SAVE THE PHILIPPINES!

anu ba ito... nkakatawa nman and debate na ito..

ito lang masasabi ko.. mannyamador is a sexist.. he fails to consider the freedom of women to choose and gusto nyang ideny yung sexual education at support sa amin mga babae..

clearly, walang alam ito is mannyamador when it comes to raising a child puro kc theories..

agree ako na out of touch sa reality cya, lahat ng example nya i puro other countries..

nagko-quote pa cya ng bible at mga facts na out of this world.. maganda sana kung totoo mga yun but what i see is ibang-iba talaga ang totoong buhay

ito talaga si amorsoloX, businessman talaga.. palaging nag co-compute.. harsh.. but true nman mga sinabi nya.. as expected from a family guy

no to abortion (kc bad yun)
    yes to RH-BILL

member ako ng gabriella.. women's rights and upliftment, dhil hindi kami 2nd class citizens

Quote Originally Posted by CKristine08 View Post
    member ako ng gabriella.. women's rights and upliftment, dhil
    No wonder. You're also biased. But biased against the unborn children. Don't be ignorant about the RH bill. Promoting abortifacient IUDs and pills. Bad yan too.

Quote Originally Posted by raski View Post
    Manny Amador is 50 years old or older, has never had a girlfriend, is a virgin, and is unmarried.

It's no wonder he thinks overpopulation is a myth! If every single pinoy were gay, a virgin and unmarried, then we certainly wouldn't have an overpopulation problem, in fact, we'd have a population shrinking problem!

The solution to overpopulation is obviously not the RH bill or contraception, but to find a way to turn every Filipino male into a Manny Amador! Then all our problems will be solved, as every single male would be a sanctimonious, self-righteous, religious lunatic who is a deep closeted homo who hides his gayness by covering himself with the absolutist mantle of religiosity that would make even Mother Theresa blink.
    You're such a child. Obvious that you have a perosnal vendetta against @mannyamador. Kya all insults ka, no logic. Just like the other RH peeps. They are all good at insultong because rthey are always beaten by logic.

Please take your childish personal war somewhere else. Don't dirty up our forums. We don't want to stoop to you level of a loser.

NO to RH bill!!!
    YES to freedom!

kung babae talaga gusto magkababy, magkababy talaga..

whats the point of using contraceptives kung buntis na.. hindi nman nabubuntis ang human female kapag buntis na cya..

ang importante ay dapat malaman kung buntis ba o hindi para hindi magkaproblema so dapat turuan natin mga babae tungkol dito especially yung young girls na hindi pa nakapanganak

yang potential abortifacients ay gawa2x ika nga fear-mongering lang ng iba dyan kung buntis ka, bakit ka pa gagamit ng contraceptives?

tutol kc ang church all forms of birth control and family planning.. at hindi nman sila nagtuturo about yung rythm method

promote women's rights! promote the rh-bill!

all i can say is a coercive way of controlling the population is not the solution. and yes, if we pursue this bill, we might have scarcity of human resources in the future..ive read this in news week...what we should focus on is the growing problems of illiteracy in the Philippines and the contesting dilemma of the health care delivery system. We are a rich country but our resources are not well-used.

This is the kind of ignorant post made by someone whop has never learned to do any research. Why anyone should listen to Raski -- a hate-filled fanatic -- is beyond me.

Well judging from the number of people who thought my joke was hilarious, I'd say a lot of people are listening to me. And if I'm making people laugh, how could one consider me to be hate-filled. I don't hate you, I pity you.

"Hate-filled fanatic" huh. Hmmmm, I wonder who anyone would consider more hate-filled, me or you? This entire thread is not even deserving of serious consideration, it's a complete joke and so are you...

Even others on this board who barely know me can at least get my age right. This guy can't even do that. Not that such information would contribute to an intelligent discussion anyway, but apparently such meaningful discussion is beyond him as well.
    So apart from the age (which can't be that far off since you look pretty darned old in that picture posted of you) I'm correct about everything else right? Besides, what is the difference between a 40-ish year old closeted gay virgin, and a 50-ish year old closeted gay virgin?

Anyway mannyamador, unlike you and your religious fanatic lackeys, I'm not against gay people so I don't hate you for being gay. Maybe you should come out of the closet since I doubt there's anyone left (on this board or in real life) who actually thinks you're straight anyway. Ask around.

indeed overpopulation is a BIG problem......if we don't know how to use it, of course. The world can actually accomodate more people. When you go to provinces, you will notice that if these provinces will be more developed, it will be less crowded in urban ares. Human resource should be an advantage of any country but the problem sa atoa, opportunities are more in the urban areas. This is a problem that should be solved without shortcuts. We might be able to lessen the growth of population, lessen the additional mouths to feed...but in the long run, we may also be cutting off our future human resources..

11.    Advertisement