Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast

Default Could The Bible and Science Both be Correct?

Could both science and the Bible both be correct, and the problem be nothing more than the modern interpretation of the Bible. The lack of understanding of how the ancient text were worded and grammatically structured, and the confusing later interpretations of these text. Could the Bible and Science both have been correct all along, could they both be right?

Dr. Schroeder Article
    Age of the Universe

Dr. Gerald Schroeder Genesis & The Big Bang Theory (1 of 5)
    YouTube - Dr.Gerald Schroeder Genesis & The Big Bang Theory (1 of 5)

World's Most Famous Atheist Accepts Existence of God because of Science
    YouTube - World's Most Famous Atheist Accepts Existence of God because of Science

Bro, Sometimes they are related with each other, but we are not sure how sure it was, for me Science can be proven, some bible writtings was so hard to figure out if it is true since it was canonnize.. some of the books were losts like the book of Enoch.. Science can be correct, Bible can be correct and the same time incorect..

Quote Originally Posted by Vien View Post
    Bro, Sometimes they are related with each other, but we are not sure how sure it was, for me Science can be proven, some bible writtings was so hard to figure out if it is true since it was canonnize.. some of the books were losts like the book of Enoch.. Science can be correct, Bible can be correct and the same time incorect..
    True, but the Biblical canon was Christian and re-translated text. 1,500 years ago there is Jewish text which discussed the two time lines of this text. That is what is discussed. That is what this world renowned physicist from MIT tries to explain using sound scientific theory and the early Jewish scholars writings to show the correlation of these timeliness.

The man problem separating the Christians, Creationist, Evolutionist, Atheist, and Science is the discrepancies in the accepted interpetations of the Bibilical and Scientific timelines of the Big Bang, age of Earth, and the age of the expanding Universe. The Bible and Science may both be correct. 50-200,000 books science uses to explain all the intricacies of the Universe, verses 31 sentences used in the Bible's Genesis story. Watch the 5 parts of this video series and decide if science and the Bible are not actually on the same page.

Funny video, I do not know what it has to do with Professor Flew accepting the realization that through science advances he saw evidence of intelligent design, but it was funny.
    Antony Garrard Newton Flew Antony Flew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Funny video, I do not know what it has to do with Professor Flew accepting the realization that through science advances he saw evidence of intelligent design, but it was funny.
    Antony Garrard Newton Flew Antony Flew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    there is no connection, actually. the title of the video you posted strikes me like "how in the world did the most famous atheist on earth now believe in GOD". so i posted a video of a "similar" thought.

btw, as i clicked on your wiki link on Flew, i found this:

Flew was a strong advocate of atheism, arguing that one should presuppose atheism until empirical evidence of a God surfaces. He has also criticised the idea of life after death, the free will defence to the problem of evil, and the meaningfulness of the concept of God. However, in 2004 he stated an allegiance to deism, and later wrote the book There is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind, with contributions from Roy Abraham Varghese. This book has been the subject of controversy, following an article in the New York Times magazine alleging that Flew has mentally declined, and that Varghese was the primary author. The matter remains contentious, with some commentators including PZ Myers and Richard Carrier supporting the allegations, and others (including Flew himself) opposing them.

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    there is no connection, actually. the title of the video you posted strikes me like "how in the world did the most famous atheist on earth now believe in GOD". so i posted a video of a "similar" thought.

btw, as i clicked on your wiki link on Flew, i found this:

Flew was a strong advocate of atheism, arguing that one should presuppose atheism until empirical evidence of a God surfaces. He has also criticised the idea of life after death, the free will defence to the problem of evil, and the meaningfulness of the concept of God. However, in 2004 he stated an allegiance to deism, and later wrote the book There is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind, with contributions from Roy Abraham Varghese. This book has been the subject of controversy, following an article in the New York Times magazine alleging that Flew has mentally declined, and that Varghese was the primary author. The matter remains contentious, with some commentators including PZ Myers and Richard Carrier supporting the allegations, and others (including Flew himself) opposing them.
    No I only post the name of the YouTube Video, and I never stated that he accepted a Christian God. I look at his video before I posted it and knew he only said that see saw reason to accept the concept of intelligent design. I read how the Atheistic community now is trying to discredit him because of his slight change in his belief system. Now he must be getting Cynile or suffering from some other mental decline. That article caused a public outcry and Varghese was heavily chastized by PZ Myers as a contemptible manipulator for making those claims. Nice that you left that part out. Nice bit of trying to manipulate the facts yourself there, but I read and watch what I post.

The concept that he is just getting wise in his old age just can not be a factor in his decision.

The main topic is the Biblical and Scientific timelines possible corresponding, and the facts supporting eachother. The timelines conflicting is the main argument separating Creationist and Evolutionist. Could they both be correct?

There's one group in the states that dinosaurs and man coexisted...whew!..what kind of stuff these guys have been sniffing on..
    Last edited by Ramini; 11-01-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramini View Post
    There's one group in the states that dinosaurs and man coexisted...whew!..what kind of stuff these guys have been sniffing on..
    Look up the Ica Stones and the pottery found in the Ica Valley in Peru, South America and North American wall art which has to be the biggest coincidence in history or those old boys witnessed the real deal. European lour tell how the heros of the old age slayed the great serpents and beast of the old world. Even the Bible tells of great beast in it's text. Why could human and Dinosaur not coexist together? What rule states that it could not have happened? Why is it so hard to believe that man and Dinosaur did not walk together? And if they did why is this so scary to science? The world is not going to collapse, the sun is not going to explode, and the world as we know it is not going to end. It just means science will adjust it's beliefs AGAIN. And life goes on smarter than before. Man and Dinosaurs did walk the Earth, whats the problem? There are prehistoric life that still lives today, so only a stupid man can possible say they did not coexist together. And I know you are not stupid.

Sorry stupid double post, just shows that I am not perfect.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast