Page 1 of 829 123411 ... LastLast

Default Xbox 360 Community

This faqs were originally created by Mannyman789 and Future Marine005 to answer most of the xbox 360 questions. To the Mods, if ever i violated something in the forum rules please do the honor of editing it. To my fellow istoryans, kung naa pamo gusto idungag ani or kailangan i-edit, feel free to post on this thread para ma update nato.

Xbox 360 FAQ

Q: What does the Xbox360 Firmware hack do?
    A: Simply put. It plays backups/burned/bootleg games. What ever you you like to call it.

Q: How do I play backups of games?
    A: Firstly you need to flash the firmware of the DVD drive and then download games(Look here).

Q: Can it do Xbox 1 backups also?
    A: Yes with a but. You can only play backups of the games that are compatiable with the Xbox360.

Q: Can all versions of Xbox360 do this firmware hack?
    A: No. All Hitachi drives and Samsung drives can be flashed. However, all BEN-Q drives cannot.

Q: How do I tell my drive without opening my 360?
    A: Well, you cannot tell your specific drive without opening your 360, but you can tell
    in general if your 360 drive is a Hitachi, Samsung, or BEN-Q. Eject the drive, and look at this
    picture to tell what drive you have.

Q: I have a Ben-Q drive. What can i do?
    A: You can now flash your drive with iXtreme Firmware.

Q: Is there a chance of bricking when flashing?

A: Im not gonna beat around the bush with this one. Yes you can if you dont follow directions.

Q: So, how does this "firmware" hack actually work, and why isn't there any homebrew for it?
    A: Well, the xbox360 has .xex files on the game discs. All of these are encrypted, which means
    they cant be changed. Every game disc has a .xex that tells the Xbox360 which media it should be run
    on. All xbox360 games run on xbox360 game discs, which you cannot buy blank xbox360 game discs.
    So if you burn a game to a DVD+R DL, even if all of the files are the same, that .xex file will tell the xbox360
    that this game is supposed to be run on a XBOX360 Game disc. The 360 will then recognize the burned disc
    as a DVD+R DL, and thus the two wont match, and the game will simply not boot. The firmware hacks
    basically tells the xbox360 that any DVD+R DL disc inserted is a XBOX360 game Disc. The Xbox360
    then checks all the files and see's that they are still encrypted, and thus the game boots.

Q: Why should I use croc clips on the case?
    A: You carry a static electrical charge, and touching the 360 could do damage to the motherboard. Connecting the case to the PC, which is grounded, carries the charge safely to the earth

Q: My 360 is giving me an error code, what does it mean?
    A: Read through this post which will guide you through all the error codes that you might get.

Xbox Live FAQ

Q: Am i banned from Xbox Live?
    A:When you try to access Network Setup on the 360, this will show if you are banned.

Q: Am i able to go on Xbox Live without being banned?
    A: The chances of being banned are said to be less with the new iXtreme firmware, but there is always the risk.

Q: Is there anyway that I can protect myself if microsoft was to make a update that would detect
    the firmware hack?

A: Yes, there are actually two methods. One is Stealth, and one is Stealth Disc. However, Micosoft can still easily detect your hacked firmware and ban you.

Q: Okay, lets start out with stealth. What is it?
    A: Stealth is a special firmware that if Microsoft checks the dvd drive firmware, the hacked firmware
    would report as a original regular unhacked firmware. So if a update checks the dvd firmware, the
    xbox360 will return the same checksum as a original xbox360 drive, which would make it seem like a
    original xbox360 drive.

Q: How do i install "stealth" if im on Maximus Firmware. What about if im on Xtreme firmware?
    A: Well, when you flash your xbox360 Hitachi drive with maximus firmware, you will have a desicion on
    weather or not to include this. If you are on a Xtreme firmware 4.x higher, then it is built into
    the firmware.

Q: Whats stealth games?

A: Currently, these are only avaliable for people with Samsung drives. This is just something that will
    make your backups appear more as original discs, so in the future, if microsoft did what they did with
    the original xbox, which was check the games while you were online, then the discs would seem more
    like originals, but not completly.

Xbox 360 Questions

Q:
    How do I flash Hitachi...
    How do I flash Samsung...
    How do I open the xbox...
    How do I copy games...
    How do I download games...?

A: Theres a tutorials for ALL of these questions .

Q: Do you have to open your xbox360?
    A: Yes.

Q: What about the X360Blaster? It says i wont have to open my xbox360?
    A: A very good trick. If you read the fine print, it says that you wont ever have to AFTER flashing
    the first time. Basically, you will still have to open your xbox360 to flash, then install this, and
    then you wont ever have to open your 360 again.

Q: Do I void my warrenty?
    A: Yes.

Q: IS there a softmod for the xbox360?

A: No.

Q: Can I install games to the HDD and play them?
    A: Yes, but you still need to put the disc on the disc drive.

Q: Can I install the dashboard updates from a memory unit/cd?
    A: Yes

Red Ring of Death FAQ

The three main causes of the RRoD.

1) Overheating: The fans might not work, or it might not be getting enough air. If this happens, two flashing red lights are on. Try to keep your Xbox away from any walls, and make sure nothing got in the fans.

2) System Error: A very irritating problem, which Microsoft has announced that new Xbox consoles and recently fixed ones will almost never get this. If this happens, one flashing red light will come on. If you do not have a recently fixed or new console: try not to move it around too much. It was meant to play games, not to be scooted around on the ground. It's also not good for the Xbox to move around to different houses too often (I do this though. It's too pain full to go without for two weeks) because every time you do, a little piece of something inside your Xbox gets chipped away.

3) Cables Are Loose: Sometimes your cables might get loose and you will get three flashing red lights. Do not panic, all you have to do is unplug your console, make sure all cables are in all the way, plug it back in and turn it on. This is not a serious problem at all, but can be annoying if your in the middle of a game. Just try and make sure nobody steps on the power cable, and it isn't moved around while attached to the console.

Instead of the towel trick if you get a system error try sending it into Microsoft, or this method:

Look at the holes in the back of the console between the power cord and the AV cables. These are the fans. Stick two screwdrivers or sticks into the holes on opposite sides, about a half an inch away from any side (Make sure your console is off while you do this). After the fans are jammed, turn it on. The Xbox should make almost no sound, now that the fans are jammed. Wait until it overheats and two red lights come on. Immediately unplug everything and unjam the fans. Plug everything back in, and turn it on. It should work now.

Keep a close eye on it while your doing this. If the screen changes color, and something smells burnt, IMMEDIATLY unplug everything and let it set for a few minutes. Turn it on again (with the fans unjammed) and leave it there for about five minutes. Then try the process again.

I think you should ship it though, Microsoft just came out with new technology that gets rid of the RROD. That way, you won't have to worry about it ever again.

Who can play Wave 4?
    Hitachi - 1.51 - Fully compatible no need for activate disc
    Samsung / Ben-Q - 1.6 - Yes but you need the activate disc
    Samsung / Ben-Q - 1.61 - Fully compatible no need for activate disc
    Lite-on - 1.6 - Yes but you need the activate disc

Who CAN'T play Wave 4?

Anyone on 1.51 or lower
    Except Hitachi users
    Last edited by ßattousai; 11-15-2009 at 08:59 AM.

How to Identify a Jasper Xbox 360?

Remember when the Falcon chip was supposed to eradicate the problems plaguing Xbox 360s? Well, apparently MS decided the Falcon 360s didn’t quite do the job, so a few months ago the “Jasper” 360 was announced as THE 360 update to alleviate the RRoD problem, and yeah, maybe a few others as well.

The most notable changes in the Jasper 360s are a redesigned motherboard and a new GPU, but you won’t be able to gut a 360 before you buy one, will you? If I was buying a 360 for anyone on my list, I’d darn well want to make sure it was the latest and (possibly) greatest Jasper 360.

Luckily for us, Anandtech posted a thorough tutorial on how to make sure a 360 is a Jasper 360 before you buy. First and foremost, it looks like the Xbox Arcade is your best bet to get a Jasper, so use the following guide to check.
    Xbox 360 Attribute
    Look for
    Likelihood of it Being a Jasper Xbox 360
    Current Rating on 12V Rail
    12.1A
    100%
    Xbox 360 Arcade Sticker Markings XGX-00019 Very Likely
    Xbox 360 Arcade Sticker Markings Value Bundle 2008 E Very Likely
    Lot # 0842X or newer Maybe

The most surefire way to identify a Jasper 360 is its current rating on the “12V rail,” which is found on the console itself. Don’t worry, this part is visible through a small opening in the box. Given that this news has been out for more than 24 hours, retail clerks are probably tired of having people ask to “look at the box,” and it’s only a matter of time before retailers have a policy against checking for Jasper 360s, since they don’t want to be left with a stockpile of old 360s that nobody wants, and there’s no Island of Misfit Toys for unwanted consoles. The pic below shows the location of the 12V rail. You’re looking for one that says “12.1A.”

“The least destructive way to get access to this information is to push down on the Xbox 360 itself through the window on the right side, which will hopefully reveal the information you’re looking for. A quicker, easier and potentially get-you-kicked-out-of-the-store way is to push the cardboard itself to the left a bit, possibly even tearing it slightly, to reveal the text you’re interested in.” - Anandtech

Your best bet is to have the clerk open the cabinet for you, and maneuver to get the console before the clerk steps in front of you and retrieves the first one available. Should take no less than 30 seconds to check the few that are kept in the cabinet. A clerk getting paid 7 bucks an hour probably doesn’t care enough to physically stop you from looking at a few boxes.

If you can’t get a look at the 12V rail, your second option is to have a look at the barcode-laden sticker on the outside of the box. You’re looking for the items above and below the bar codes, like in the pic below.

source: How to Identify a Jasper Xbox 360 | TopTenREVIEWS Holiday Gift Guide

unsa nga game inyo ma suggest duwaon?

yeah at last naa najud thread para xbox360, and i also and a jasper so far ok man dili najud mu init pero ako gihapon pa electricfan nan para wala jud init so far dula ko 4hrs ok raman

Quote Originally Posted by ßattousai View Post
    unsa nga game inyo ma suggest duwaon?
    kuan mga nice na game na release ron na new is Ninja Blade, X-men Origins Wolverine, Velvet Assassins, nice ang Velvet Assassins kay stealth siya nya ang wolverine nindot pud hapit na naku na finish...hehehe

F.Y.I diay kaning X-men Origins ug Vevet Assassins are wave 3 games nani siya...

Quote Originally Posted by edge827 View Post
    yeah at last naa najud thread para xbox360, and i also and a jasper so far ok man dili najud mu init pero ako gihapon pa electricfan nan para wala jud init so far dula ko 4hrs ok raman
    welcome to the block boss.. hehehe! wala pa kaau ko nadungog na nga naay ni occur nga RRoD sa jasper units..

kuan mga nice na game na release ron na new is Ninja Blade, X-men Origins Wolverine, Velvet Assassins, nice ang Velvet Assassins kay stealth siya nya ang wolverine nindot pud hapit na naku na finish...hehehe
    good recommendation boss.. ako nya ni i-try esp Wolverine.. i can sense nga nindot dyud nga game..

F.Y.I diay kaning X-men Origins ug Vevet Assassins are wave 3 games nani siya...
    wat do u mean wave 3 boss?

mao ni bag o release karon na games na dili na mu play ug older versions sa firmware kinahanglan imu unit is 1.51 version na so if imu unit karaan na mostly d jud siya mu play ani na games u need to update your firmware to 1.51 version or naa pud koy lain alternative just pm me hehehe

just finished the game ninja blade a while a go grabe ka action duwaa oe layu ra ninja gaiden...

Locally available naba ang jasper?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 829 123411 ... LastLast