Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Which is better older bands in Cebu or the New ones

One of the bands that i like back in the good old days was Wah Wah, ug katong banda ni Shawarma sa NU107 sa una, SRA times back in ZUBU dapit sapa sa SM (hehehehehehe walay entrance that time donation lang) Naa pa kaha ingana karon?

i like that local band before, the Roots they're better before and now the Johnny they keep on getting better. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kiat_kaau_kusion_beh:-)
    i like that local band before, the Roots they're better before and now the Johnny they keep on getting better. hahaha
    but u know what?? not to disrespect these bands, but they rarely play their own originals.. people like to watch them because they're very good "performers" not "artists".... although, these bands were born in an era were "performance" meant more than "originality" thats why i don't blame them....

i totally agree cujo...

ur talking about an event of music evolution or revolution? i think all of them, they play in the same stage with the same crowd. its a matter of listener preference and critique.

Yes. Times change.

The "discard the old, in with the new" folks would prefer the newest music, while the "remember the good old days?" folks would still prefer the old and the classics. It's pretty much like that. meh

One thing to note though (although I could be wrong), the old cebu music scene was 10x smaller than what we see today. So, maybe that's another reason why original songs are scarce. Oh, and everybody was listening to Michael Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by tingkagol
    Yes. Times change.

The "discard the old, in with the new" folks would prefer the newest music, while the "remember the good old days?" folks would still prefer the old and the classics. It's pretty much like that. meh

One thing to note though (although I could be wrong), the old cebu music scene was 10x smaller than what we see today. So, maybe that's another reason why original songs are scarce. Oh, and everybody was listening to Michael Jackson.
    however, one thing the current music scene can't replicate: 3,000-4,000 people singing original cebuano music in one gig. nahitabo na sa "local ground", "showdown" era... wala gihapon na mausab hangtod karon... it's not the same "din".... it used to be very loud..... everyone singing "coat of love" all at the same time.... arena rock gyud... karon kay wala pay local act na nakapakanta sa crowd nga ing-ato kadaghana at the same time...

hinuon, mas "pop" ang sound sa una... that's why mas daghan naka-appreciate... karon, everybody wants to be different, although it's not a bad thing.....

ako ng dream nga manganta nasad tanan tawo sa usa ka gig, tapos manganta sila ug original cebu songs.....

Nindot sab to sa una bai kay singled out kaayo ang mga kanta kay di kaayo daghan.... ug matukar ang orig sa Y101, mahibaw-an dayon sa mga taw.
    Migo nako naay video sa concert sa Philcite sa una... katung kina dako-ang gubot sa panahon sa Local Ground.. "LOUD WHISPERS SILENT SCCREAMS". Na video niya nga ang mga taw nag dungan ug syagit ug :HUBO HUBO: pag tukar sa Meduza Taciturn... na video sab niya among classmate nga nabunalan ug sprocket sa ulo... na video sab niya nga si Troy ug akong maguwang namadlong sa mga taw kay pwerte na gyung gubuta. Naapil sab ngadto sa video ang mga taw nga mo ambit ug kanta sa mga kanta sa 40 ... nya katung ni Acoustic si Kali sa Vanishing Tribe, nindot kaayo paminawon kay ni kanta sab tanan.

Grabi tung conserta... pwerteng gubuta... guba tanang banko sa Philcite... hasta ang front gate. Didto na undang ug cater ang Philcite sa mga local shows.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

grabeha di.ay no? wa gyud ko kita ato... wala siguro ko sa cebu ana na gig?

That was 1988 or 89 man tingali....

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast