Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default wheres the best place to listen to blues?

I used to play guitar for a band called Mister Sinister.

We used to do SRV, Hendrix, Clapton, Willie Dixon and stuff like that.

My new band, Sinister 6 plays 70's rock, but I still play in the style of SRV and Hendrix.

Catch us tonight at Handuraw.

Is that the place in Mabolo, near SM? What time do you go on? (Carlo B.)

ROOMFUL OF BLUES bar ni siya foodland. didto mi sauna. pero ang gpangplay mga jazz man.

Roomful of Blues in Foodland closed its doors a couple of years ago. There's an upscale place across from Castle Peak Hotel on F. Cabahug called "Jazz and Blues". I checked it out a few months back...strictly jazz and easy listening. Seasoned pro players, but pretty boring stuff. Mostly old folks doing ballroom dancing.

It seems blues enthusiasts are becoming extinct. Any serious guitarist regardless of discipline I'm sure would have one or two blues licks in his repertoire. That's very nice of you to start the topic on blues, let's keep blues alive, starting from it's prodigious beginnings in the fields of Africa as chant songs way up to the Missisippi Delta... it's the MOTHER of ragtime, swing, jazz, rock, rhythmn and blues, rap, hip-hop... no shit! it's the MOTHER of modern music!

At least 9 na ta diri nga maka appreciate ug blues, malingaw na ta kung mag jamming puhon. I know another istorya.net member who likes blues so 10 na ta hehehe...

I can play sub-par blues gtr and semi-decent blues harmonica so kung dunay jamming, count me in. Kung di ko ninyo imbitahon, mag gate-crash ko.

Suggestion lang bros, pwede pud tingali ta mag exchange ug blues CDs/MP3s and/or mga blues resources diha sama sa tutorial books or magazines, etc.

Right now, the only one i have is the Kings of Blues MP3 bought in emall and a diatonic harmonica in the key of C nga yabag.

Lastly, anybody knows where i can purchase Hohners or Lee Okars here in Cebu? Thanks in advance mga bro.

@steelwater: Bro, i-set lang ang time and place (most preferably weekend lang ha?) kung dunay jamming or "tipon-tipon." Thanks.

Looking forward to meeting you all bros! I hope we can do something to promote blues here in cebu (ambisyoso ra kaayo hehehe!).

"All i got is a red guitar, three chords, and the truth..."

Default Re: wheres the best place to listen to blues?

Quote Originally Posted by steelwater
    organize tag blues 'tipon-tipon' to listen to and appreciate blues music
    This was what the thread starter requested. Why not make it into a reallity?
    وليس هناك كعكه ، والكعكه هو كذبة.

Default Re: wheres the best place to listen to blues?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwater
    organize tag blues 'tipon-tipon' to listen to and appreciate blues music
    This was what the thread starter requested. Why not make it into a reallity?
    AMEN!!!

pwede ko apil bsan percussion lng... heheh d man gud ko khbaw mogitara pero i luv blues... ako gnahan kay Lee Ritenour ug uban pa....

Nakaad2 kog jazz n blues sa mabolo n front castle peak... mostly jazz may tukaron gamay ra ang blues usually mga sergio mendez, spyro gyra stuffs ila tukaron still nice mga manoy na kaayo ang nanukar beterino nag banda banda!!

Apil ko!

Oh, and if you're interested, catch my band SINISTER 6 on June 11 at Handuraw.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast