Page 22 of 292 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Default Re: anybody into CISCO certifications?

YEEPEEE! I passed the CIT exam yesterday! with a score of 890/1000. At last, im now a CCNP . GOD is so GREAT!!!For me it was easy compare to BCRAN & BCMSN coz they have lots of scenarios.

The exam consist of: a few questions on BGP, IGP(OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), redistribution (ospf & rip), debugs on ppp, debugs on WAN (FR/ISDN), troubleshooting approach strategies, STP/VTP/CDP and lots of question in "show" commands (interface serial, FR, ISDN and buffers). I got only one simulation(troubleshooting connectivity and implement rip) and honestly, it was easy. Two testlits questions in EIGRP domain & OSPF ABR/ASBR scenarios.

For the reference: CIT self-study guide, Cisco's Troubleshooting (found at cisco website), Debuggings (found at cisco website), CIT book (Chappell Farkas).

GOOD DAY!!!

"We get our moral bearings by looking at God. We must begin with God. We are right when, and only when, we stand in a right position relative to God, and we are wrong so far and so long as we stand in any other position"

wow congrats... neks yr nalang ko ani, kanang bag.o

Thanks for the update on the CIT exam.

mga bro,

I want to restrict the user in line vty that he can only view the sh run config in cisco router. how to restrict it...

Press RETURN to get started!

00:00:04: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0, changed state to up
    00:00:12: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0, changed
    state to up
    00:00:12: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial0, changed state to down
    00:00:12: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial1, changed state to down
    00:00:12: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console
    00:00:13: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed state
    to down
    00:00:13: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial1, changed state
    to down
    00:00:15: %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --
    Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
    IOS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-SV3Y-M), Version 12.2(1), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
    Copyright (c) 1986-2001 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    Compiled Fri 27-Apr-01 08:47 by cmong
    00:00:53: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0, changed
    state to down

ang router dri ra kutob dli sya mosulod sa user mode..nsa command?

Congratulations Juantamad!!! Well done. Thanks for the information, I hope I could still find time to study for the CIT before Nov.15 as it's my last day for registration. Anyways, what's next? Do you still want to go for professional certs? or are you willing to sacrifice your social life for the CCIE?

rmakoy, i'm not so sure if it's a bug on the router ios that causes it to restart, i would recommend upgrading it with a newer version.

00:00:15: %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --

if you can, try to check your router's cpu and memory process to see if it's running full

router# show process cpu | e 0.00%__0.00%__0.00%
    router# show process mem | e 0.00%__0.00%__0.00%

or you may be experiencing DoS, harden your router as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by rmakoy
    mga bro,

I want to restrict the user in line vty that he can only view the sh run config in cisco router. how to restrict it...
    create a user profile on the local router database and authenticate the user when trying to access the device
    for example:

router(config)#username rmakoy privilege 7 secret mysecretpassword

give the user a privilege level from 0-15 where 15 is the highest

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...cr/srfpass.htm

authenticate users on all lines including console/aux ports by enabling aaa

router(config)#aaa new model
    router(config)#aaa authentication login default group local

then configure authorization to restrict specific commands allowed by an authenticated user

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...cr/srfpass.htm

tjyrna, have fun with the simulator. it's not just a simulator, it's a real router inside your pc. good luck on it and don't leave the instances running overnight, it might cause your pc to break

Quote Originally Posted by ridney
    Congratulations Juantamad!!! Well done. Thanks for the information, I hope I could still find time to study for the CIT before Nov.15 as it's my last day for registration. Anyways, what's next? Do you still want to go for professional certs? or are you willing to sacrifice your social life for the CCIE?
    so far no plans yet. For me, it takes time to pursue CCIE and i need time to have fun also coz i'm getting bored studying as of now. It is costly too. Perhaps CCSP or CCVP if i'm plan to proceed further. hw bout you after this? what's next?

11.    Advertisement