Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

aw cge pre, salamat kaau,. hehe bunal

ako unya ni i try ug paminaw

makapaminaw ko mga 6:00 to 9:00 pm ra, kanang tinggawas sa opisina. nindot sad ug playlist oi

Blog Entries
    Sa akong na sabtan, ang ilang newscasters are MassCom interns. Also, I agree that the MidHour plug needs to be changed. Plus, ang current programming needs to be more consistent (Sans Lady Gaga, Beyonce and other Slow Jams/RnB that they are playing). Dapat Adult Contemporary gyud from start to finish.

But we have to give the guys in smooth FM some credit. Klaro man nga they are still starting back from the ground up with their song catalog and everything else.

Sa pagka karon, I am just glad nga hinay2x sila ga recover from the Smooth Jazz format and going back to Adult Contemporary. At least, we have an "alternative" to the usual Top 40 radio stations around coz I am fed up hearing Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Taio Cruz, etc...
    Last edited by BaiLeY; 10-06-2010 at 10:14 PM.

In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.

ako i dont listen to much FM stations now ky all their playlists sucks. mapili nalang mga programs nga tarong like NU 107's Rockpile and Against The Flow and Power 89.1 Sunday Classic

now Smooth FM may play a Lady Gaga or a Bieber song but majority of their playlist, although not indie or obscure, are what people might consider underground or "left of dial" hits of yesteryears. songs that co-exists with the pop music of those days yet not that accepted in the mainstream. of course today these music are very much part of mainstream pop culture na

personally i dont care sa mga DJs if kamao ba mo english or dili. what i want from a DJ is maayo ba sya ug taste in music or if ok DJ ba jud sya tinood or just a puppet on a string (manned by a PD). well known tastemakers like the late John Peels and Birmingham, Alabama's Scott Register of Reg's Coffeehouse were not good in their diction and their speeches but they knew their music.

Sadly Reg's Coffeehouse is in hiatus now that Live 100.5 (Birmingham, Alabama)went off the air. i used to listen to that station a lot via online.

Reg's Coffeehouse is responsible for the popularity of John Mayer, Train, Matchbox Twenty, Ben Lee, The Submarines, etc... He played it first long before they were major label artists...

Scott Register started playing John Mayer in 1995 when John was still releasing home recordings of his songs on CD-R

"songs that co-exists with the pop music of those days yet not that accepted in the mainstream."

how would you like to define "Not that accepted"

bands like;

Pearl Jam
    The Doors
    John Lennon
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Popsicle

with the exception of maybe Pearl Jam and Nirvana, most of these bands are truly alternative. i cant comment on john lennon and the doors since i wasnt born yet in the 60s

but during the 90s, bands like the pixies, yo la tengo, sunny day real estate, weezer, space, soundgarden, and even bands that were very very popular in the U.K like oasis and blur were totally unknown to mainstream music fans here.

i say not '"that" accepted to mainstream cause though these bands were played on stations like NU 107, 99.5RT (when they were still cool), and 89.9, these stations were not what most people in public market and malls and karenderia listened to.

these stations and these bands were popular among alternative rock fans but they were not yet heard on stations like love radio, star radio (now LS 97), and the likes,

unlike today na even casual music fan or those who only listen to popular music makaila na kinsa nang death cab or the killers or muse ky ipatokar naman sila sa mga masa stations plus the internet pa jud. although these r major label bands, kung early 90s pa ni sila migawas i dont think LS 97 or Hot FM would play them.

"but during the 90s, bands like the pixies, yo la tengo, sunny day real estate, weezer, space, soundgarden, and even bands that were very very popular in the U.K like oasis and blur were totally unknown to mainstream music fans"

soundgarden is one of our influence
    oasis songs are in the videoke, kasagaran tambay mokanta ug champagne supernova
    i'm a college geek, so I know weezer albums sold like hot cakes. in metro, primrose ug bisan sa mga muslim
    pixies is one of the influence of weezer

nice song playlist smooth 89.9 pero naa lang sila liner leysening to ismot eytenayn poynt nayn, never mind the letson letson ad.. i listen to this night time kay kon adlaw mix hiphop or those girl groups.. i remember the previous station k 89.9. i like listening to long-time-no-hear music especially the 90s but unfortunately for me, wala ko kaila sa mga band names

favorite nako ang K89.9 before coz alternative jud to ila i-play. sadly, naka-decide ang yabut na mag-jazz.. lately though, nibalik na sila sa ila previous format as smooth alternative. which is better.

ang dili better kay ang letson letson. paets kaayo nga commercial. mahalinan ba kaha sila anang pahinumduma. hahahah.. sharon wa jud sila ka-afford ug better ad. pun-an pa sa des es ismot etenayn point nayn.. haller! napa toy stinger ba to na intro sa dale candela gigamit. hays kapoi.. napa jud tong double blade something. ambotss.. then maygani nawala wala na tong mga newscasters na masscom interns pa man din but NI sa pronounciation.

in fairness to them, arang-arang na ila music. labad lang usahay kay sudlan man ug rihanna ug unsa pa na diha pop and mga saag kaayo paminawon. sa tinud-anay lang, wa jud ko kasabot sa ilang format today.

mas nindot jud to mga 4/5 years ago, especially tong dinha pa si DJ bowling nga lingaw kaayo mo-adlib. ako fave si the prince of the fallen kingdom.

inihaw, i hope mo-better pa jud sila in time. well cguro ma-improve pag maayo kung paid in time na ang mga employees didto. nyahahahaha....

11.    Advertisement

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast