haha murag tanaw nako kita ray gibuang aning noynoy...wise kaayo ning tawhana..ayaw na ninyo sawaya si noynoy aning iyang dili pg damit ug wang-wang..sure ko dili ni mgdugay unya ang himoon niya ng arason kitang mga tao,,,hilig kaayo niya ug ingani ipahid sa tao ang iyang sayop...
Day 2 : [Pass]
Aquino calls for study on need to amend Charter - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
Aquino calls for study on need to amend Charter
By TJ Burgonio
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 21:52:00 07/02/2010
Filed Under: Constitution, Politics
MANILA, Philippines—President Aquino said Friday there was a need for a commission he proposed to set up to closely study a renewed proposal by his predecessor, Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, to amend the Philippine Constitution.
"Let's review the need to amend the Constitution because this is no laughing matter. There are negative consequences guaranteed in the short term,'' he said after the turnover of command of the Armed Forces in Camp Aguinaldo.
Reiterating his campaign promise, Mr. Aquino said he would form a commission to "study the need for it'' and "whether the people are requesting it.''
"It should be proved that the gains are better than the risks. Secondly, if she's pushing for it, it has to go through the legislative mill,'' he told reporters in an interview.
Rep. Macapagal-Arroyo and her son, Camarines Sur Rep. Diosdado Arroyo filed Resolution No. 8 calling for a constitutional convention to propose amendments to the 1987 Charter.
Presidential spokesperson Edwin Lacierda had earlier said that the fresh push for Charter change was a "numbers game'' and would be "dead in the water'' if the administration lawmakers bucked it.
Quezon City Rep. Feliciano Belmonte, the administration's candidate for House speaker, has the post in the bag, according to his allies.
---------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/264950...-modernization
Aquino pushes AFP modernization
By GENALYN KABILING and ELENA L. ABEN
July 3, 2010, 11:10am
President Noynoy Aquino vowed to meet the needs of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), including advancing its modernization program and providing sufficient benefits for the troops, but said he expected a lot from them in return.
In his first formal address as the country’s new commander-in- chief, President Aquino on Friday vowed to meet the needs of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), including advancing its modernization program and providing sufficient benefits for the troops, but said he expected a lot from them in return.
Aquino, speaking at the change of command in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City, said he expects the military to remain professional, take the lead in the government’s reform agenda, and “clean up its own backyard.”
The President presided over the turnover of AFP leadership to Lt. Gen. Ricardo David from Lt. Gen. Nestor Ochoa, who was earlier designated as acting military chief, in Camp Aguinaldo.
“Tell us what you need and we will give it to you, as long as they are based on principles of professionalism and utilitarianism; as long as they will benefit the whole institution, and not only the interests of a few,” he said in his "honest and straightforward" talk to the soldiers.
“If we use and allocate our resources efficiently, we will be able to improve the well-being not only of our armed forces but also that of our citizenry. With a livelier and more responsive economy, we will be able to further address your needs,” he said.
Aquino also declared that his administration would provide the military better equipment and benefits to enable the soldiers to fulfill their mandate on ensuring the nation’s stability. Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin was assigned by the President to prioritize the AFP modernization program, including the recruitment of more soldiers.
“Hindi tama na ang nagmamalasakit ay kinakawawa,” Aquino said.
In exchange for his promise to modernize the military, the President said he “expects of you professionalism, integrity, discipline, valor, and hard work. You can expect the same of me.”
The military is also expected "to be the vanguard of the government’s quest to reform itself, to clean up its own backyard to serve as the model and inspiration for other government agencies," he said.
Quoting the late British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, Aquino made clear he is giving military tools to do their job and hold them in highest standards "not because I doubt you, but precisely because I have the fullest confidence in all of you."
"You have done well and will do even better; I will be fair, just, and supportive. I expect you to be the same. Our people expect no less of all of us, and I know that you will further consecrate yourselves to defending our democracy, and that you will fight for our Republic, for the liberty and prosperity of our people," he said.
Aquino said the new AFP chief must have not only decisive leadership, but an innovative spirit that would drive reform in the Armed Forces.
"I ask everyone to support your new Chief of Staff, to follow the chain of command and to look forward to proud and glorious days ahead."
In the same speech, Aquino also declared plans to endorse the promotion of the senior military officers who were recently bypassed by the Commission on Appointments in the new session of Congress, that opens July 26.
“Sisiguraduhin lang natin na basta’t dumaan sa wastong proseso ang mga promosyong ito, ipapadala natin ang mga ito sa lehislatura (We will ensure that for as long the promotion went through the right process , we will send them to the Legislature),” he said.
Aquino pledged to uphold the civilians’ authority over the military, while respecting the integrity of the uniformed service. He added he would not use the promotion system in the military to advance personal interests.
At the start of his speech, he even asked Ochoa not to retire early, hinting he may be given a position for the outgoing military chief.
Ochoa replaced Gen. Delfin Bangit, an appointee of former President Arroyo who decided to retire early after he was informed he would not serve as AFP chief of staff during the Aquino administration.
David sets deadline for defeating rebs
Lt. Gen. Ricardo David on Friday assumed the post of AFP chief of staff and set a self-imposed three-year deadline to defeat communist insurgency as he announced that decimation of threats of national security will be his primary concern aside from uplifting the morale and welfare of armed forces personnel.
David, a member of the Philippine Military academy (PMA) Masikap Class 1977, thanked the President for giving him the trust and confidence to lead the military institution, even as he vowed to make sure the armed forces under his watch will continue to be instrument of public policy, subservient to civilian authority and an active and relevant institution in the process of nation-building.
“At the same time, as advocates of peace, we shall observe the primacy of peace processes. However, this does not mean being complacent. We shall remain vigilant, ready to protect the people from atrocities committed under the white flag of truce or upon the breakdown of peace talks,” said David.
But as they go about fighting threats to national security, David also reminded soldiers to always adhere to the rule of law, respect human rights and international humanitarian law, and observe the rules of engagement and use of force.
David also vowed to lead the AFP as an active and relevant institution in the process of nation-building by being responsive to the needs and expectations of the people.
"With our unparalleled determination, we will not fail our country men. The AFP shall remain an institution that the Philippine nation can be proud of," he said.
David said the AFP will also continue its efforts to uplift the morale and welfare of its personnel, saying their value and role in the military institution is beyond reproach.
According to the new AFP Chief, the living conditions of AFP personnel will improve through the implementation of projects, particularly on housing.
The announcement by David that he is setting a self-imposed three-year deadline came one day after Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin said that the present administration is not setting a deadline to crush the communist rebellion.
Gazmin said the Aquino administration would prefer to “sit down and talk” with local communist rebels, adding that “the more you kill, the more enemies you create.”
AFP records show the communist insurgency reached its peak in 1987 with a strength of 25,200. As of first quarter of 2010, however, the insurgents strength has declined to only 4,742, or a 78.7 percent decrease. (Elena L. Aben)
Day 3 : [Fail]
Sorry, wrong number, new DOH chief told - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
Sorry, wrong number, new DOH chief told
By Jerry E. Esplanada
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 02:01:00 07/03/2010
Filed Under: Health, Epidemic and Plague
Most Read
MANILA, Philippines — Blame it on first-day jitters.
In his first press briefing, newly appointed Health Secretary Enrique T. Ona said there were “something like 120 [new] cases of AIDS during the first six months of 2010.”
Wrong number, said Department of Health(DOH) insiders, who joked that their new boss was either jittery or just plain misinformed when he made his disclosure on Thursday.
Citing data from the National Epidemiology Center (NEC), the DOH staff said only 10 of the 700 new human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV cases reported between Jan. 1 and May 31 this year were found to be positive for the dreaded acquired immune deficiency syndrome, or AIDS.
Ona, former head of the state-run National Kidney and Transplant Institute, “should have consulted (NEC head Dr. Eric Tayag or Dr. Chito Avelino, executive director of the DOH-led multisectoral Philippine National AIDS Council) first before making such pronouncements,” said the same DOH staff.
Before the start of Thursday’s news conference, Ona confided that he was “not used to this attention.” He did not elaborate.
But Ona later said: “We have to pay more attention to local infectious diseases, ’yung mga sakit na talagang tumatama sa ating mga tao ngayon (diseases which afflict the masses).”
Two AIDS-related deaths
Last week, Ona’s predecessor, Esperanza Cabral, told the Inquirer that the number of HIV cases in the country had jumped by 700 in the first five months of the year.
The new cases were an increase of 117.4 percent over the number of cases in the same period last year.
There were two AIDS-related deaths during the first half of 2010, which brought to 319 the number of Filipinos with AIDS who died in the last 26 years.
In April and May of this year alone, 154 and 153 new HIV infections, respectively, were recorded by the NEC.
There were 66 and 85 cases, respectively, in the same period last year.
Significant numbers
The NEC recorded 143 HIV cases in January, 130 in February and 120 in March this year.
During the same months in 2009, reported HIV infections numbered 65, 47 and 59, respectively.
Between the mid-1980s, when the NEC started tallying HIV-AIDS cases in the country, and May 2010, the agency has recorded a total of 5,124 HIV cases nationwide.
More than 70 percent of the HIV patients are male, over 20 percent of them in the 25-29 age group.
Cabral noted the number of HIV cases had increased significantly.
In an earlier interview, the then DOH secretary said that “from one new case reported every three days in 2000, this increased to one per day in 2007, then doubled to two new cases per day in 2009.”
Tip of the iceberg
This year, about five new cases are reported to the HIV-AIDS registry of the DOH each day.
The new cases are only the “tip of the iceberg,” according to DOH officials.
Tayag told a recent HIV Summit in Manila: “The inconvenient truth is the future is not bright. It’s going to get worse.”
Based on NEC projections, the number of new HIV infections may reach 1,500 “by Christmas 2010.”
Tayag also warned that “there’s nowhere to hide … 72 of 80 provinces all over the country now have HIV cases.”
Teresita Marie Bagasao, the country coordinator of the United Nations Program on HIV-AIDS (UNAIDS), meanwhile, said the Philippines continued to fall short of its sixth Millennium Development Goal, which is to halt and reverse the spread of HIV-AIDS.
Infection rates going up
Bagasao said “based on official reports, new infection rates are going up, not down.”
A UN report earlier warned that “while the country is still within the target of less than 1 percent of the population for HIV-AIDS, the rising number of HIV cases has become a cause for alarm.”
Since the 1980s, over 25 million people worldwide have died of AIDS.
![]()
SOBRA RA TA KA O.A...mura kasag.kasag jud mentalidad..Wise voter man kaha ta? well, dapat wise analyst ug observer pud unta. wa pa gani 100days or so. 1 day pa gani. naunswe na ni oi.
The first 100 days is to Organize his government for Future Implementation bisan kana lang okay na .... kay wa mana sila klaro plataporma tagaan lang nato ug 100 days just for proper organization ...
Wa jud ko mag expect ug Spiderman leap sa ato economiya kay problema sa Budget Deficit ... Grabi man gud pasalig niila Subra rapod, ang problema ang mga tawo grabi pud raised expectation nga mahimo dayon .... Ingon lang ta na Patuloy ang Pangarap ... Faetz basin kutob ratas Pangarap ani kanus-a pa kaha na magmata ....
Pero ang ilaha gi concentrate for the first 100 days is to Persecute GMA ... diha sila masayang ug panahon as in Zero jud ilaha accomplishment .... palpak napod....
Similar Threads |
|