If noynoy didn't win our next president would be ERAP
anyway I asked a lot of poor people here in Manila during our photowalks in slum areas majority of them would vote for Erap.
If noynoy didn't win our next president would be ERAP
anyway I asked a lot of poor people here in Manila during our photowalks in slum areas majority of them would vote for Erap.
Enrile - Super lawyer, super politiko...
Ignorante sa balaod.... or Arogante ug batasan...
RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT.. d man cguro lisod ni..
Too early for Noynoy to judge a Judge. hehe...
mag oath taking cya sa tanod kay mao raman sama niya ug utok.. peace Noy..
Problema napud ning bag-ong president... Ingon ani nlang jud ning pilipinas... Minority president mn si noynoy, cgurado kontrahan napud ni sa mga tao... Samot na nga weak gyud iyang academic records, patay ni sya sa mga utokan sa politika...
Threats to remove Corona dismissed
By Paolo Romero (The Philippine Star) Updated May 19, 2010 12:00 AM
Threats to remove Corona dismissed | The Philippine Star >> News >> Headlines
MANILA, Philippines - Malacañang yesterday dismissed threats to remove newly installed Chief Justice Renato Corona by the incoming administration of Sen. Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III.
Deputy presidential spokesman Rogelio Peyuan said Aquino and his advisers should be cautious on efforts to remove Corona, pointing out that the Supreme Court (SC) had already decided on the case based on its interpretation of the Constitution.
Peyuan said the incoming Aquino administration should respect the SC decision instead of trying to force the issue by taking to the streets or revoking the appointment through an executive order.
“I think we should remind those talking with the incoming president, who will be proclaimed under the Constitution in due time, that he was democratically elected and is not going to run a revolutionary government where they can do anything they feel like doing,” Peyuan said.
“Let’s see how the incoming administration would comport itself, how they will respect the Constitution and the processes,” he said.
Peyuan said President Arroyo appointed Corona within the bounds of the SC decision that allowed her to fulfill her constitutional duty to fill any vacancy in the high court. Peyuan said Mrs. Arroyo was justified to make the appointment since former Chief Justice Reynato Puno retired on May 17, or during the crucial week when the nation holds its first automated elections.
“The situation called for it (appointment). It just so happened that the birthday of the chief justice fell on May 17,” he said.
Corona, for his part, vowed to be his “own person” and would not show any gratitude toward the appointing power.
Corona also said Aquino’s statements in taking his oath of office before a barangay captain would be fine with him since it does not mean a show of disrespect for the judiciary.
Corona also asked his wife Maria Christina Corona to resign as head of the John Hay Management Corp. (JHMC).
“To stop these criticisms, anyway she has only until June 30,” Corona told radio station dzMM.
Corona went on a media blitz yesterday, appearing on radio and television to clarify the issues regarding his appointment as chief justice.
Corona said his wife manages a private corporation separate from the state-owned John Hay Development Corp. (JHDC).
Corona said his wife has neither big income nor perks, contrary to the critics’ allegations.
He also denied allegations that the President appointed his wife, who has been working with JHMC since 1992.
Corona said his wife’s decision to resign is to avoid further controversy such as conflict of interest.
In another interview with GMA-7 last night, Corona revealed the criticism against his appointment is hurting his family.
Corona said the critics cited some of the cases he decided that went in favor of the administration.
“They simply picked 18 cases I wrote in ponencia that were in favor of the administration. They were taken from the 900 cases that were mostly against the government,” Corona said in Filipino during the interview with GMA-7’s early newscast “24 Oras.”
Corona vowed to show his independence from the appointing power. “They (critics) do not know me,” he said.
Corona said a possible rift between the SC and the incoming president would be good for democracy.
Sen. Francis Escudero agreed that the brewing controversy between Corona and Aquino should be seen as an effective tool of check and balance for the incoming administration.
In the outgoing Arroyo administration, Escudero said the public was at a disadvantage because of the close relationship between the executive and the judiciary.
“And we do not want to be in that situation again,” Escudero said.
He said Aquino is just being consistent in his statements.
“On the part of the chief justice, he does not need the recognition (from Aquino) even after he was appointed by President Arroyo,” Escudero said.
Escudero said the developments should be seen in a good light since these would assert the independence of the executive and the judiciary.
“If the President controls the chief justice or the judiciary, do you want that situation?” he asked.
Dili man ang pag panumpa ang issue diri, wala may blema kung bisag kinsa pa siya manumpa bisag sa barangay tanod pa pwede kaayu...
Ang issue diri ang dili niya pag recognize kang Corona as
Chief Justice, Nihatag na og decision ang Supreme Court nga pwede maka appoint si President Arroyo og new Chief Justice kay Mandatory Retirement naman si Chief justice Puno kay 70 years old naman siya bag.o ra kaayu siya nag birthday...
So meaning mas dako pa iyang tan.awn sa iyang kaugalingon kay sa Judiciary kay dili siya mo sunod sa Decision sa Supreme Court...
kalimut siguro siya nga equal branch ra Judiciary, Excecutive og Legislative...
Similar Threads |
|