Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

so i guess the the ram monitor doesn't give us answers as well then. :P

no, i use a ram utility software as a tool in helping identifying the culprit/s. NOT as a solution. w/ it i can have better understanding what is going w/ the system. make things easier. w/o something like that, it's just a guessing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Visual C# View Post
    Perhaps Eclipse is your problem? I've heard that that IDE can be a resource hog. Check out your task manager and see which program is being the biggest resource hog.
    Memory hog ang eclipse and also java. But you set manually ang heap size like java -Xms32m -Xmx128m MyClassName.

ahak, it's happening frequently again. i think it's a windows update that's adding to the problem. i can't trace what update it was because we have an auto updater for the company that automatically deploys updates to your pc. grrr!!!!

when this low mem happened murag ana to gi update ang pc nako a few days ago.
    Last edited by tokidoki; 07-11-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added details

can u post the specs of ur pc bro.

Mas maayo ana is to stop kanang mga services nag-dagan na wala gamita.

It's an intel c2d 6300 1.8ghz. 2gb 667 ddr2 ram
    160gb hdd. I don't know the internals as this is an HP machine.

@eax
    Lisud lagi na bai. Naai mga company software nagdagan. That's like asking someone to rip out the gps tracking of a rent-a-car. hehehe...

well just monitor the task manager and see how many processes and how much cpu and mem usage they have. one thing to note also kay ang default utilities na pakapin anang HP if nka install na siya, it actually takes a lot of resources since daghan pud na. it's also included in the startup. also what anti-virus pud gi gamit AFAIK kanang symantec norton resource hogger pud na. btw, ym sucks! hehe dunno why many people used it since it is obviously a sucky IM. :P

Since you can't do any administratin' on that computer, it'd be best to go for the most obvious solution: refer that to your company's IT repair guys. Just be specific on what the problem is.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

ok here's an update. appears to be a microsoft productS (take note on the plural emphasis) issue. It appears some M$' apps do not fully unload from memory. As a result you have processes running god-knows-what on your system that you don't know about.

Common scenarios:
    1.) MS Office apps don't exit from ram. Check your running processes for OUTLOOK.EXE or EXCEL.EXE and anything from MS Office that you are not actively running on a window. Common ang outlook.exe ani!!
    2.) iexplore.exe doesn't unload. This can be obvious when you have one window of IE running and in the proccess manager you see 2 of them. One of them is probably dead but is doing it's own thing. This was what cracked me on the investigation. Just a few mins ago the system manifested the low memory issue. All apps in memory were not consuming that much ram. Then I noticed that there was an iexplore.exe in the process and I wasn't running any! Killed it and everything went breezing on.
    3.) explorer.exe stays resident after some file operation. Nakasuway nako ani sa una when you search a file and close that window. That instance is still running in the background and continuing to search files!

Here's the interesting part. These "dead" apps only consume a few MB but as long as they are stuck in there they manifest as your system running low on ram.

hope this helps everyone.
    Last edited by tokidoki; 07-23-2008 at 12:36 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123