Page 643 of 962 FirstFirst ... 633640641642643644645646653 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 9617

Quote Originally Posted by shockie View Post
    question:

Why are SUN symbols very common in the RCC? what it has to do with Christianity?
    This time, murag kaning SUN worship mao nay gihinay2 ug promote karon.
    The sun is one of the most common symbols associated to Jesus because of the prevalence of SOLAR IMAGERY in the Old and New Testament, that solely refer to Jesus.

It is as it was -- JUST A SYMBOL.

Christ has been represented as a lamb, a bird (pelican), fish, a rose, the vine, the three circles by the early Christian art.

The sum imagery specifically symbolizes Christ as the "Light of the World." Some of the Biblical solar imagery used to refer to Jesus:
    "Christ is the Morning Light, the rising Sun, Mal. 4:2."
    “But for you who fear my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing on its wings.” Mal 4:2
    "I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield. Psalms 84:11

Symbols for Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by newbie.86 View Post
    The sun is one of the most common symbols associated to Jesus because of the prevalence of SOLAR IMAGERY in the Old and New Testament, that solely refer to Jesus.

It is as it was -- JUST A SYMBOL.

Christ has been represented as a lamb, a bird (pelican), fish, a rose, the vine, the three circles by the early Christian art.

The sum imagery specifically symbolizes Christ as the "Light of the World." Some of the Biblical solar imagery used to refer to Jesus:
    "Christ is the Morning Light, the rising Sun, Mal. 4:2."
    “But for you who fear my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing on its wings.” Mal 4:2
    "I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield. Psalms 84:11

Symbols for Jesus
    Thanks! I agree bro. Naka confuse lang ani kay it's the same symbol they used with the pagan Sun God Amun-Ra, especially the obelisk.

Quote Originally Posted by shockie View Post
    Thanks! I agree bro. Naka confuse lang ani kay it's the same symbol they used with the pagan Sun God Amun-Ra, especially the obelisk.

Ok bro... the obelisk was never used as a symbol for Jesus because of its phallic connotations.

The obelisk in St. Peter's square was from Egypt (Alexandria), transferred by Caligula to Rome. Sixtus V had it transferred to St. Peter's square around the late 1500's. It's also used as a sun dial.

So that explains it. And it's not worshiped. It's just a decoration and a sun dial.

@ SHOCKIE ....

That is why , aron di ka mo confuse confuse .... ask it in a manner where deemed to be a LEGITIMATE QUESTION , not an inquiry where it carries reserved answers already because of deseprate attempts again to DISCREDIT the RCC . Ayaw n i deny ha ... its obvious baya otherwise ako ang mahug na bakakon diri .

Now ..... to the next question .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

nice one good thing naa ka diri Springfield.

pwede ko mo ask pud sa mga dili Katoliko? why man gud nga morag sa tanang higayon naa koy maka istorya nga dili katoliko when it comes to Religious belief mura mag inyo gyung tagaan og saup ang RCC like anang santos og uban pa? (kahibaw namo sa akong ge mean.)

hhmm ask lang ko... asa makita or mabasa sa bible na Gods love is unconditional

Quote Originally Posted by psychologic View Post
    hhmm ask lang ko... asa makita or mabasa sa bible na Gods love is unconditional
    That's right! kay kung unconditional pa ang gugma sa Ginoo then He must be an immoral God. Imagine iya ra gihapon i-tolerate ang evildoer/sinner (rapist, murderer, etc) tungod sa iyang gugma, what will happen to his own creation?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBS-lover View Post
    nice one good thing naa ka diri Springfield.

pwede ko mo ask pud sa mga dili Katoliko? why man gud nga morag sa tanang higayon naa koy maka istorya nga dili katoliko when it comes to Religious belief mura mag inyo gyung tagaan og saup ang RCC like anang santos og uban pa? (kahibaw namo sa akong ge mean.)
    it's because out of the most influencial "Christian" groups/sects/denominations, etc. Roman Catholics lang ang nagsimba/nagluhod/moampo ug images aside from other non-biblical teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    @ SHOCKIE ....

That is why , aron di ka mo confuse confuse .... ask it in a manner where deemed to be a LEGITIMATE QUESTION , not an inquiry where it carries reserved answers already because of deseprate attempts again to DISCREDIT the RCC . Ayaw n i deny ha ... its obvious baya otherwise ako ang mahug na bakakon diri .

Now ..... to the next question .
    k mods. I asked these questions para makasabot sad ang uban.....pareha baya mi tanan dili sweto about catechism
    asay gihatagaan sa RCC ug more value, THE WORD OF GOD or TRADITIONS OF MEN? please elaborate.

11.    Advertisement