Blog Entries

Default Re: Who is the real GOD?

Quote Originally Posted by AntitaniC View Post
    god is just a thought spread by others.
    and man made....

Quote Originally Posted by Peenut View Post
    and man made....
    man made bitaw, nya ug naay mahitabo sa pamilya ug sa kaugalingon, pwerteng ampo ni God ky mangayo ug milgaro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jovipeorliohacokijo View Post
    man made bitaw, nya ug naay mahitabo sa pamilya ug sa kaugalingon, pwerteng ampo ni God ky mangayo ug milgaro
    Sila ra siguro bai...

Quote Originally Posted by ReikoChan View Post
    Has anyone read a book named Life of Pi by Yann Martel?

I used to be agnostic for some time. After reading this novel, there was one chapter in it that I think about until now. *searches for the excerpt*

Found it.

Piscine Patel or "Pi" became curious about religion when he was just a young boy. He saw a Christian Church, went inside, met the priest, and was baptized and became a Christian several days after. Then he saw a mosque, went inside, met the imam, and was proclaimed to be a Muslim after praying there several days after. Same thing happened with the pandit (hinduism). He became a practicing Christian, Muslim, and Hindu at the same time.

In a hilarious scene, Pi's priest, imam and pandit accidentally meet on the street. Pi is a little embarrassed. But, in some ways, the three religious figures come out looking like the ridiculous ones. They all vie for Pi's loyalty and insist he must choose one religion. His response is a complex statement for such a young boy. Pi watches helplessly as the proprieties and customs of religion battle it out. Pi, of course, doesn't believe religion is about any of those things.

And here is the actual excerpt:

After the “Hellos” and the “Good days”, there was an awkward silence. The priest broke it when he said, with pride in his voice, “Piscine is a good Christian boy. I hope to see him join our choir soon.”

My parents, the pandit and the imam looked surprised.

“You must be mistaken. He’s a good Muslim boy. He comes without fail to Friday prayer, and his knowledge of the Holy Qur’an is coming along nicely.” So said the imam.

My parents, the priest and the pandit looked incredulous.

The pandit spoke. “You’re both wrong. He’s a good Hindu boy. I see him all the time at the temple coming for darshan and performing puja.”

My parents, the imam and the priest looked astounded.

“There is no mistake,” said the priest. “I know this boy. He is Piscine Molitor Patel and he’s a Christian.”

“I know him too, and I tell you he’s a Muslim,” asserted the imam.

“Nonsense!” cried the pandit. “Piscine was born a Hindu, lives a Hindu and will die a Hindu!”

The three wise men stared at each other, breathless and disbelieving.

Lord, avert their eyes from me, I whispered in my soul.

All eyes fell upon me.

“Piscine, can this be true?” asked the imam earnestly. “Hindus and Christians are idolaters. They have many gods.”

“And Muslims have many wives,” responded the pandit.

The priest looked askance at both of them. “Piscine,” he nearly whispered, “there is salvation only in Jesus.”

“Balderdash! Christians know nothing about religion,” said the pandit.

“They stayed long ago from God’s path,” said the imam.

“Where’s God in your religion?” snapped the priest. “You don’t have a single miracle to show for it. What kind of religion is that, without miracles?”

“It isn’t a circus with dead people jumping out of tombs all the time, that’s what! We Muslims stick to the essential miracle of existence. Birds flying, rain falling, crops growing – these are miracles enough for us.”

“Feathers and rain are all very nice, but we like to know that God is truly with us.”

“Is that so? Well, a whole lot of good it did God to be with you – you tried to kill him! You banged him to a cross with great big nails. Is that a civilized way to treat a prophet? The prophet Muhammad- peace be upon him – brought us the word of God without any undignified nonsense and died at a ripe old age.”

“The word of God? To that illiterate merchant of yours in the middle of the desert? Those were drooling epileptic fits brought on by the swaying of his camel, not divine revelation. That, or the sun frying his brains.”

“If the Prophet – p.b.u.h. – were alive, he would have choice words for you,” replied the imam, with narrowed eyes.

“Well, he’s not! Christ is alive, while your old ‘p.b.u.h”is dead, dead, dead!”

The pandit interrupted them quietly. In Tamil he said, “The real question is, why is Piscine dallying with these foreign religions?”

The eyes of the priest and the imam popped put of their heads. They were both native Tamils.

“God is universal,” spluttered the priest.

The imam nodded strong approval. “There is only one God.”

“And with their one god Muslims are always causing troubles and provoking riots. The proof of how bad Islam is, is how uncivilized Muslims are,” pronounced the pandit.

“Says the slave-driver of the caste system,” huffed the imam. “Hindus enslave people and worship dressed-up dolls.”

“They are golden calf lovers. They kneel before cows,” the priest chimed in.

“While Christians kneel before a white man! They are the flunkies of a foreign god. They are the nightmare of all non-white people.”

“And they eat pigs and are cannibals,” added the imam for good measure.

“What it comes down to,” the priest put out with cool rage, “is whether Piscine wants real religion – or myths from a cartoon strip.”

“God – or idols,” intoned the imam gravely.

“Our gods – or colonial gods,” hissed the pandit.

“Mr. Patel, Piscine’s piety is admirable. In these troubled times it’s good to see a boy so keen on God. We all agree on that.” The imam and the priest nodded. “But he can’t be a Hindu, a Christian and a Muslim. It’s impossible. He must choose.”

“I don’t think it’s a crime, but I suppose you’re right,” Father replied.

The three murmured agreement and looked heavenward, as did Father, whence they felt the decision must come. Mother looked at me.

A silence fell heavily on my shoulders.

“Hmmm, Piscine?” Mother nudged me. “How do you feel about the question?”

“Bapu Gandhi said, ‘All religions are true.’ I just want to love God,” I blurted out, and looked down red in the face.

Father cleared his throat and said in a half voice, “I suppose that’s what we’re trying to do – love God.”

Plug:

The son of a zookeeper, Pi Patel has an encyclopedic knowledge of animal behavior and a fervent love of stories. When Pi is sixteen, his family emigrates from India to North America aboard a Japanese cargo ship, along with their zoo animals bound for new homes.

The ship sinks. Pi finds himself alone in a lifeboat, his only companions a hyena, an orangutan, a wounded zebra, and a 450-pound Bengal tiger. Soon the tiger has dispatched all but Pi, whose fear, knowledge, and cunning allow him to coexist with the tiger for 227 days while lost at sea.
    *Reikochan uses Necro Thread Resurrect spell*

Just watched the movie today. It was good. I hope somebody here remembered (or might remember) this post when they watch it too.

God is good all the time and he is almighty

Kratos-----------------

Blog Entries
    real God is the one you believe.

unsa may gusto nimo TS ang spiritual God? or pang earthly God, daghan raba na sila pag pang earthly imo gipageta hehe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by killravel View Post
    real God is the one you believe.
    pwede, ibutang nato sa mga Greek. Ni believe sila nga si Zeus ilang God jud. So mao ni ang real God?

11.    Advertisement