View RSS Feed

Ink | Pen | Paper

A Dose of Comfort

Rate this Entry
After reading Sevmik's blog entries, I realized I can now finally allow myself to indulge in what I sometimes refer to as "diarrhea of ideas" (shamelessly borrowed from Stephen King, re his "diarrhea of the word processor", a condition he describes as one of those moments wherein he just churns out a huge pile of incoherent text just to convince himself that yes, he's working, he's writing a novel hehe)--just let the fingers fly over the keyboard--a process which began like this:

Thoughts are like sparks buzzing around my cerebral cortex, that turn into chemical impulses, travelling across yards of synapses and nerves, reaching my fingertips and magically converting them to the symbols and shapes that you recognize to be words and thus from your eyes (after the images form on your retina), signals travelling through your optic nerve, down into your own brain, then converted again back to the sparks and buzz of thought.

Hello--I'm now in your mind, and I'm glad to know it's actually working, because you have just successfully deciphered this thought.

So yes, this is quite comforting--I no longer have to feel awkwardly alone, a sore thumb sticking out of the piles of foreign ice cream endorsements, lost love pinings, and vacation spot reviews (one of which I sheepishly admit to have had written down here, not too long ago)--thanks to Sevmik, I now feel as if that long lost art of letting ideas loose--like a pack of starving werewolves, mouths open wide, drooling, as sharp canines flash in the moonlight--is alive and well in the iStorya Blog Section.

So yes, brace yourselves--more sh*t on the way soon. And oh, if the place starts to smell like a pigsty, you have Sevmik to blame. And oh, Gareb too! *snicker*

-RODION

Updated 03-26-2012 at 04:41 AM by rodsky

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh no! hahahaha

Glad to know that in my own little way I could infect others with this "disease" too.
    eww, diarrhea...using this word for imagery, perhaps? Couldn't you use a less disgusting word?
    Dorothea, if it's good enough for Stephen King, then it's good enough for me :P
    And by the way, no, I used that word more for its alliterative qualities--dia...rrhea...i...dea...mamma...mia...

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top