• Georgina Wilson and Sunnies

Summer came early for the Cebuanos as the independent eyewear brand, Sunnies by Charlie, arrived at the SM City Cebu Northwing Atrium in sterling fashion, bannered by no less than its ambassadress and part-owner, the stunning Georgina Wilson.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HVk3qwkI4e8/Um6NOfJOUnI/AAAAAAAA25E/KpRl5rHl4dc*******IMG_4017.JPG[/img]
      Fashionista Alert! Sunnies by Charlie is now in Cebu! Affordable and stylish eyewear just within our reach! Source: anagonzales.com

The love for the brand was palpable at the Cebu launch with the event’s central platform adorned in shades of pastel, with the sights, the smell and sounds of summer all around. Though the brand was the brainchild of Martine Cajucom, Bea Soriano and Eric Dee, the spotlight fell squarely on Georgina, arguably one of the most recognized personalities in the country.

Cebuanos though, can expect to see more of the gorgeous Fil-British model and endorser as she promised more Sunnies events in the coming months.

Georgina Wilson in Sunnies!

Well, we’re going to be having a lot more fun events in Cebu especially since this place is one of the summer capitals of the country. Also, I think the Cebuano lifestyle is very suited for summer and for Sunnies. So we’re going to be having summer events. With our stores, we’re going to be having more styles for the fashionistas out there. For the men too, we’re going to be having a lot more styles to accommodate them,” Georgina said in an interview.

Maggie Wilson in Sunnies' Hepburn Source:

(My plans) really revolve around Sunnies since we’re opening a lot of branches over the next few months and we’re really trying to catch up. We get a lot of feedback from people who say na ‘sayang wala kayo dito.’ And Cebu was one of those places and I just wanted to make that if somebody wanted Sunnies, I want to be there and as close and available as possible,” she added.

Why Cebu after the Manila launch you ask? Cebu is a place near and dear to Georgina’s heart and this she validated in naming her reasons for loving the Queen City of the South.

Lechon! But to be perfectly honest, it’s the people. I’m not Cebuano but I’m really well-received here so the Cebuanos really hold a special place in my heart. I say this so often because I’m always here actually. I endorse Diagold so I’m very close with that family so I just come here when I can. I just think it’s a beautiful city. I buy furniture here and I just love the food as well. I always tell people that Cebu has the most sophisticated and super-sarap restaurants, be it fine-dining or relaxed. I just love the vibe here!

Celebrated as a trend-savvy sunglass hub, Sunnies offers curated eyewear in unisex, retro-inspired and classic styles, at competitive prices. It currently carries over one hundred fifty styles with new pieces consistently delivered bi-monthly and is expanding their ever growing collection to include more unisex styles for men.

Martine Cajucom wearing Sunnies. Sourcehilstar.com

I personally created a dream brand. I am in charge of all the marketing. It’s my company and it’s my dream company and it does identify with me in a lot of ways because a lot of people see and think that I’m very glamorous and very sophisticated when in truth, I can be that but I can also be very relaxed and cowgirl and carefree. And that’s the brand that Sunnies is – very carefree. It’s just really about enjoying life and Sunnies just happen to be there too,” Georgina shared in describing the brand.

Georgina Wilson at the Sunnies Opening in Cebu!

It is easy to assume that Georgina may be just the face of the brand but in reality, she has been at the heart of it all. From initial design to creation, production to marketing, she does it all for the love of the brand that she has poured her heart and soul into.

Spotted: Anne Curtis in a Sunnies eyewear. Source: sunniesbycharlie.com

I think people don’t know that we’re very involved in everything. It’s really a collaboration between me and my friends and people see that. They see the love and the soul of the brand. It’s something that we really truly believe in, something that was made from our blood, sweat and tears,” added Georgina.

The Sunnies Station in Cebu is located at the SM Cebu City Northwing Atrium, right across Kultura.

Jonas Rey N. Panerio
      Editor- Lifestyle and Sports
      iSTORYAn League of Writers
      You may like...

Facebook Comments

about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top