• Korean Actor Kim Won-Shik To Grace Universal Records PH's First-Ever Mini-Series!

You can call him 'Sam,' and he is ready to shine brighter in 'Pag-ibig' Na Kaya!

Universal Records, one of the biggest and most-known record labels in the Philippines, just produced its first-ever online mini-series and is set to launch this February 2023!

Of course, for a long-time and reputable organization that helped bring countless OPM hits for decades, this said show is aptly named after a famous song. This year, everyone will witness an adorable love story in "Pag-ibig Na Kaya," led by the now real-life couple Julie Anne San Jose and Rayver Cruz, written by JP Lopez and directed by Niq Ablao.

The entire cast will be announced very soon, but to spice things up, a talented Korean actor will grace this show, Kim Won-Shik, billed to be the second male lead for this show, which is all about love and its many forms.

According to the celebrity, you can also call him Sam, aside from his Korean name. In acting for TV drama, he already has a handful of experience. He's notable for his roles in the hit K-Drama series True Beauty (2020) and the famous fantasy-romance Netflix series, Alchemy Of Souls (Season 1, 2022). This project with UR is his first time working with a Filipino production and, of course, his first-ever experience acting with our talented Filipino stars. Being cast in this mini-series also paved the way for Sam for yet another break in his acting career. Won-Shik is now the latest addition to the growing Universal Records Philippines' managed artists, made possible by Managing Director Kathleen Dy-Go.

One fun fact about Kim Won-Shik; he can understand and even speak the Filipino language since he was able to study here in the country for six and a half years.

According to Sam, he became invested in his role in "Pag-ibig Na Kaya" after reading the script and quickly felt that K-Dramas genuinely inspired its overall treatment. Although he admitted that he feels pressured since he needs to speak English and Filipino in most of his scenes, Sam considers filming this entire show a fantastic experience on his part. It significantly contributed to his growth as an actor.

He is very professional, warm, and kind throughout the filming process of the mini-series. He's always enthusiastic about shooting his scenes, energetic in character, and ready to bring good vibes to the set. The actor also said that he quickly agreed to participate in this project after discovering that Direk Niq is handling it since he shared that he already saw numerous works from the talented director.

He shares, "It's a good experience for me. It was my first time working with Filipino actors. When I first read the script, I felt like it was like a Korean because there were so many similarities. I even asked the writer if he was inspired by some K-Dramas while making this. It was good! And I wanted this role here in Pag-ibig Na Kaya."

"During our filming, they were kind to me, especially our director. I watched the music video she made, 'Paubaya' by Moira Dela Torre. Yeah, the color she used and the storylines were really good! I believe in Direk Niq. That's why I'm excited to join this series," he adds.

Moreover, Since the Hallyu wave is really strong and alive here in the Philippines, Sam is very excited for everyone to see Pag-ibig Na Kaya, and it's coming out sooner than you think!

Subscribe to the Universal Records Philippines' official YouTube channel and constantly be updated.
      You may like...

Facebook Comments

about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top