View RSS Feed

regnauld

Transpersonal psychology

Rate this Entry
Transpersonal psychology is a school of psychology that studies the transpersonal, self-transcendent or spiritual aspects of the human experience. A short definition from the Journal of Transpersonal Psychology suggests that transpersonal psychology "is concerned with the study of humanity’s highest potential, and with the recognition, understanding, and realization of unitive, spiritual, and transcendent states of consciousness" (Lajoie and Shapiro, 1992:91). Issues considered in transpersonal psychology include spiritual self-development, peak experiences, mystical experiences, systemic trance and other metaphysical experiences of living.
Transpersonal psychologists see the school as a companion to other schools of psychology that include psychoanalysis, behaviorism, and humanistic psychology. Transpersonal psychology attempts to unify modern psychology theory with frameworks from different forms of mysticism. These vary greatly depending on the origin but include religious conversion, altered states of consciousness, trance and other spiritual practices. Although Carl Jung and others have explored aspects of the spiritual and transpersonal in their work, Miller (1998: 541-542) notes that Western psychology has had a tendency to ignore the spiritual dimension of the human psyche.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transpersonal_psychology
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If ever I would write my thesis in Clinical Psyhology, I would choose topics from Transpersonal Psychology. If not, I would gladly explore this field all my life.
    Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience (p.594) says, "Symbols are important to all esoteric teachings, for they contain secret wisdom accessible only to the initiated."
    (Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience, p.594)

It's also worth noting the symbol used by P.O.D. is also on the cover of the New King James Bible.
    The Aquarian Conspiracy, a key New Age "handbook", bears a similar symbol. And New Agers freely admit it represents three inter-woven "6"s or "666".
    Constance Cumbey, author of The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow and a notable authority on the New Age Movement, says concerning the symbol:
    "On the cover of the Aquarian Conspiracy is a Mobius, it is really used by them as triple six (666). The emblem on the cover of the New King James Bible [same symbol as P.O.D.'s] is said to be an ancient symbol of the Trinity. The old symbol had gnostic origins. It was more gnostic than Christian. I was rather alarmed when I noticed the emblem..." (The New Age Movement, Southwest Radio Church, 1982 p.11)
    LEFT: The three esoteric "6"'s separated.
    Plainly displaying the interlocked "666".

The Triqueta is used as the centerpiece for the logo for The Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (ITP). The ITP is a new age school following the Jungian Psychology [occultist Carl Jung]. One of their stated goals is ". . . to reach the recognition of divinity within"(The Institute of Transpersonal Psychology: 404 Error Page) (see Genesis 3:5, "...ye shall be as gods...")

The same symbol (with a circle as does P.O.D. also) is displayed by the rock group Led Zeppelin. Members of Led Zeppelin are deeply involved in satanism and the occult. Guitarist Jimmy Page, so consumed with satanism, actually purchased satanist Aleister Crowley's mansion. Most believe the symbol is from the teachings of Aleister Crowley and represents 666.
    LEFT: The picture is "The Hierophant" taken from the Tarot card set designed by satanist Aliester Crowley. The "Hierophant" is a priest in the occult and Eleusinian. Notice the "three circles" at the top of the wand or rod in the Hierphant's hand. Inside the the three intertwined circles is the "P.O.D. symbol".
    RIGHT: To the right is the top of the wand enlarged. Notice the "P.O.D. symbol" (upside down) inside the three circles.
    One of the most occult television shows ever aired is "Charmed". "Charmed" details the spells and occultic practices of three witches. The "P.O.D. symbol" is the show's primary symbol of witchcraft and is splattered throughout the series. Notice the "P.O.D. symbol" displayed on "The Book of Shadows". The Book of Shadows is commonly used in withcraft and satanism:
    Book of Shadows: Also called a grimoire, this journal kept either by individual witches or satanists or by a coven or group, records the activities of the group and the incantations used. (Jerry Johnston, The Edge of Evil: The Rise of Satanism on North America, p. 269)

Transpersonal Psychology and Jesus's Kingdom of God

John R. Tisdale, M. Div. Psychology, Cedar Crest College, 100 College Drive, Allentown, PA 18104.
    The emphases of transpersonal psychology and of Jesus's concept of the Kingdom of God are compared both for similarities and differences. They converge in that (a) entering the Kingdom entailed a change of consciousness, (b) the Kingdom as personal transformation was supremely important, (c) Jesus trusted available growth processes to carry on the change once begun, and (d) self-centeredness (broadly conceived) was the major obstacle to change. Jesus's teachings diverged from transpersonal emphases in that he did not describe any detailed discipline for entrance into the Kingdom, and he seemed to see ethical change as emerging from consciousness change, not vice versa.

Transpersonal Psychology and Jesus's Kingdom of God -- Tisdale 34 (3): 31 -- Journal of Humanistic Psychology
    The Ten Esoteric Tenets To Enlightenment

The Esoteric Charles Goodwin: Charles Goodwin's - The Ten Esoteric Tenets To Enlightenment

All that is of time and within time is impermanent thus false.

All that has a beginning and an end is but an illusion appearing momentarily upon the screen of absence (infinite consciousness).

All that has a beginning and an end may give the illusion of a middle but the beginning and end meet in an indefinable illusory moment of the ever present now.

All that is observed, both the object and the subject, is but a dream creation of consciousness - yet the knower who knows of the knowing is beyond time and space and beyond infinite consciousness.

Thus:

I am not my body or mind - I seek the knower who "thinks" it has a mind and body.

I am not a human being - I seek the knower who knows that consciousness contains all and is totality.

I am neither reflections nor perceptions - yet all that I perceive, both sensory and mental, are but distorted reflections of the real.

I am not within the world - the world is within me. I seek the knower who is infinite awareness - whose centre is spaceless, timeless and dimensionless and whose nature is Bliss and Love.

I am the knower and the knower is omniscience. All that I need to know I already know. Yet all that I 'think' I am - I am not.

Creation Begins - Creation ends - yet "I am".

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top