View RSS Feed

bigzane20

Beaches that can compete with Boracay Island's beauty

Rate this Entry
Filipinos enjoy the beaches every summer, and the most visited are Boracay beaches near Caticlan. With its white sand and fabulous hotels and water sports. Although Boracay received many awards and recognized internationally as one of the top beaches in the Philippines, it became too crowded and commercialized. However, the Philippines is a tropical island, and there are many locations that you can visit where you can find peaceful and not too crowded beaches. Here is a list where you can visit and have a relaxing vacation:

Calaguas in Camarines Norte

With its 20 island and islets with its white sand beaches and adventure activities will surely have you asking for more. Among these islands, Mahabang Buhangin in Tinaga has the most hits. There are hotels and inns in the nearby islands however; camping is the only form of accommodation at the moment. It offers breathtaking views and Kayaking for those who are looking for a little adventure.

Gigantes Island in Iloilo

Gigantes Island is also known as the Island of Giants. However, you will never find a single giant here. It is known for its beaches with activities like island hopping and visits the nearby island beaches like Antonia Beach and the Pawikan Cave.

Bantayan Island in Cebu

Bantayan is one of the most visited islands in Cebu. It is located north of Cebu with power like white sand. You find tourist and locals, especially during the Lenten season. Most people fell in love with Cebu City and beaches and eventually decide to relocate. Accommodation is easy there are a lot Cebu City Homes for sale and Cebu City Homes for Rent. Beach camping is also allowed for those who are on a tight budget.

Kalanggaman Island in Leyte

There are 7,107 islands in the Philippines, and many say that Kalanggaman Island is the most beautiful of all. It is known for white sandbar and deep blue waters around it. Don't forget to bring your goggles and snorkel. Kayaking and scuba diving is also available here. There are no hotels and inns on the island. However, camping is permitted.

Salagdoong Beach in Siquijor

One of the beaches that were able to keep its original beauty with the help of the local government. Known for its great beaches marine life with trees all around the area to give visitors rest from the heat of the sun. Another great activity to do here is cliff diving for those who are brave enough to give it a go.

Malcapuya Island in Palawan

Many considered Malcapuya Island as a one of a kind paradise.
A peaceful island with few resorts to stay in. It is known for its powdery white sand beaches and clear waters that are perfect for walking around the island and water activities like snorkeling.

Maniwaya Island in Marinduque

The amazing island is known for Ungab Rock formation along with its white sand beaches. Although camping is the most known accommodation, rooms for rent are also available for those people who prefer a more comfortable place to rest. The Palad Sand Bar is also a must see area in the island that is perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving.

Malapascua Island in Cebu

If you are a thrill seeker and want something a bit extreme that is out of the ordinary, then you must visit Malapascua Island. Thresher shark swims freely around the island. Daytime activities involve snorkeling in the clear waters where you can see the shark not to mention the white sand beaches. Awarded as the best beach in 2008 by telegraph.co.uk. Resort hotel for accommodation is available with its best restaurant and bars.

I'm sure that there are more beaches in the Philippines that have yet to be developed. I will include it in my next post.

Comments

I feel good seeing Gigantes Island on the list of beaches that can compete with the ever-gorgeous Boracay! Excited for my trip this October to Iloilo! 😍
    Not to mention, I super agree with Calaguas being first on the list. Sobrang paradise ang Calaguas!

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top