View RSS Feed

gracie7

Page 364 of 365. Are you ready to close this book?

Rate this Entry

Dear Ones -

You did it, everyone. You did a whole year!
Whether it was a great year for you or a painful year — you did it.
You got here.
You made it.
We made it.
Whether you feel like taking a victory lap right now, or just lying down in a darkened room with a cool washcloth over your eyes — you did it.
Time to close the book.

Please try to take some time today to reflect. Give yourself some silence in which to figure out what you need to put behind you now, and what you are ready to welcome in for 2016. Don't be afraid to make up a ceremony around this, or to invent a small ritual.
May I suggest writing things down, and either burning them or burying them, or bringing them to water?

I always do this on New Year's Eve. I write down what I want to shed from the old year, and what I want to welcome into the new year. Then I burn or submerge the paper in water, and let it go.

This is a day to return to the elements — fire, water, earth — and to set yourself free from what was, while opening your heart wide to what is to come. It's worth the trouble to invent a little ceremony at this moment of transition, because it's a big moment.

I have always loved New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Even though our sense of time is arbitrary and human, it still means something. I love the feeling I always get on New Year's Eve that I am lucky — that the universe has been generous to me, to have let me stick around for another year, and to erase the slate and give me another chance.

Tomorrow I will be gifted with a brand new year — with no mistakes in it yet, and no heartbreaks yet, and no failures yet, in which to try again. Amazing.

You will be gifted with this, too. A clean and empty book awaits us all. Maybe we will be able to write things differently this time. Maybe a bit better. Maybe we will be wiser this time. At least we get to try.
We have all been given a fresh chance.

Let's close the old book, and open a new one.

Here we go, and blessings for 2016, and — now more than ever — ONWARD.

Updated 10-11-2016 at 07:01 AM by gracie7

Categories
Gracie's thoughts

Comments

a good read @care_bear
    Quote Originally Posted by iampaul07
    a good read @care_bear
    Sis.. nice one.

Katry mn ko ani b4 dili lng to new year. Kto time nga gi let go nko ang most painful memories nko with someone. Drama kaau pero I really did it. Afterwards, nag start kog brandnew memories with good people nga nihatag importance nko.

Brod Paul... thanks for the mention. Indeed, a good read. Try nya ni nko beh. HeHe.

HAPPY 2016 to u both!
    Quote Originally Posted by care_bear
    Sis.. nice one.

Katry mn ko ani b4 dili lng to new year. Kto time nga gi let go nko ang most painful memories nko with someone. Drama kaau pero I really did it. Afterwards, nag start kog brandnew memories with good people nga nihatag importance nko.

Brod Paul... thanks for the mention. Indeed, a good read. Try nya ni nko beh. HeHe.

HAPPY 2016 to u both!
    Thank you sis!!

Today is the first blank page of a 366 page book. Write a good one! Happy New Year @care_bear @iampaul07!!
    Inspiring kaayo imo blog oie. Sure... ako ni itarung ako 2016. 366 nko nag start ug stay lng sa house the whole day, palihi2 daw..hehe but wishing this year will be a fruitful one. My 2015 was a tragic year in both love and life. HaHaHa. XD Thanks sis.
    Hmm..so far i am now ready to close this book and to open another 365 blank page book. I will promise to myself that i will write the good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by care_bear
    Inspiring kaayo imo blog oie. Sure... ako ni itarung ako 2016. 366 nko nag start ug stay lng sa house the whole day, palihi2 daw..hehe but wishing this year will be a fruitful one. My 2015 was a tragic year in both love and life. HaHaHa. XD Thanks sis.
    Every end is a new beginning, just pray and claim that 2016 will be your year
    Updated 01-02-2017 at 07:27 AM by gracie7

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top