View RSS Feed

gracie7

LOVE: used and abused.

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
The word "love" is used and abused for the expression of different sets of feelings.

The word love is used as an expression of affection towards someone else (I love you) but it also expresses pleasure (I love chocolate). To make it a little more complicated, the word "love" also expresses a human virtue that is based on compassion, affection and kindness. This is a state of being, that has nothing to do, with something or someone outside yourself. This is the purest form of Love.

The ancient Greek used 7 words to define the different states of love:

Storge: natural affection, the love you share with your family.
Philia: the love that you have for friends.
Eros: sexual and erotic desire kind of love (positive or negative)
Agape: this is the unconditional love, or divine love
Ludus: this is playful love, like childish love or flirting.
Pragma: long standing love. The love in a married couple.
Philautia: the love of the self (negative or positive)

These are 7 different kind of feelings. The love you feel for your partner is not the same as the love you feel for your mother. Even the love for your partner changes in time. You feel different emotions for different situations and people.

But still, we use the same word. It is easy to understand that a confusion is easy made while communicating. I can say "I love you" to two different people (and mean it), but I am actually feeling in a different way.

Updated 04-28-2016 at 10:18 AM by gracie7

Tags: love
Categories
Love , Gracie's thoughts

Comments

haha..I remember this topic,way back in college in philosophy.hehe he. -Anyways, I agree that love is is used too much nowadays..It is really best to utter the words of love , if we really mean it..
    Updated 11-03-2015 at 11:02 AM by aljy
    Quote Originally Posted by aljy
    haha..I remember this topic,way back in college in philosophy.hehe he. -Anyways, I agree that love is is used too much nowadays..It is really best to utter the words of love , if we really mean it..
    @aljy lagi Philo gyud ni na subject basta ag hisgot na og "love"
    Sometimes our mind playing a trick on us when it came to love...

kung nag chat2x ra gani sa pisbuk love daun? d ba pwedeng nangita ra siya ug ka storya. hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie7
    @aljy lagi Philo gyud ni na subject basta ag hisgot na og "love"
    absent guro ko ani dah
    Quote Originally Posted by luff101
    Sometimes our mind playing a trick on us when it came to love...

kung nag chat2x ra gani sa pisbuk love daun? d ba pwedeng nangita ra siya ug ka storya. hehehe
    @luff101 HAHAHAHA di pwde wa ra'y lingaw? Assume much sah?
    Quote Originally Posted by iampaul07
    absent guro ko ani dah
    @iampaul07
    LOve? is a serial killer
    Love in it's multi faceted form will always conform into one façade that is to have and to cherish for the rest of ones life.
    Quote Originally Posted by slabdans
    LOve? is a serial killer
    Ayaw na lagi cgeg kanta My Way

Quote Originally Posted by Dwardzed
    Love in it's multi faceted form will always conform into one façade that is to have and to cherish for the rest of ones life.
    'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
    You need to be able to distinguish between positive and negative relationships. But the fact is that it is difficult for a young girl (or guy) without experience. This is why I keep chatting on a dating site - [url]https://www.myblacky.com/[/url] This is a safe way to get to know the other person better before you go on a real date.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top