View RSS Feed

moy1moy1

Going Solo to Isla Del Fuego: First Day in Siquijor

Rate this Entry
March 26 2013

I woke up at four in the morning, barely slept since I spent all evening browsing the internet and mind walking, anxious of what’s going to happen for the day ahead. I packed my things like a kid would; unorganized and all. Took a shower and brushed my teeth. I still remember that time I saw my neighbours boozing over the darkness of dawn, for it was dark in Duljo, Fatima at that time when I left the place.

I took an aircon Ceres bus, which departed at exactly 5:02 am bound for Liloan, Santander. There, I snored like a pig in an abattoir, for the trip took three hours and thirty minutes approximately, rolling over southward. I was cleaning my camera when I got to Liloan drop-off. The place was overwhelming; my spot overlooking the ominous clouds circling Mt. Talinis.

There I took a boat ride bound for Sibulan, Negros Oriental. The boat left the fort at exactly 9:00am and arrived at the port at 9:25. After that I strolled over the town to find the nearest church and took pictures.

a church in Sibulan, Negros Oriental

I rode a puv bound for Dumaguete City to ride another boat bound for my destination: Siqujior. When I drop off the city, I strolled on what I thought to be a large park. Suddenly, I realized I was stepping on the lawn of the most prestigious school in Central Visayas: The Siliman University. I got this “state university” feeling when I walked the street inside the campus, for street it was! It is as if I was inside UP Diliman. I might as well get interested in taking units or to continue my masters in here, provided that I can sustain its cost-of-living-worth of tuition!

At 10:30 I boarded the fastcraft (Ocean Jet) bound for Siquijor, siquijor. Yup, there’s a town named the same as the province itself. I arrived at 11:30am and was overwhelmed with what I saw; the place was overwhelming! Aquamarine water, white sand beach just beside the port and all the friendly smiles was enough to charge my sleepy spirit!

welcome!

still at the port area, THE PORT AREA!

Aquamarine waters

I rode another puv, one way going to Lazi, Siquijor. It took an hour and a day’s worth of sweat and dust before I arrived in this sleepy town of Lazi. I met my friend and my host there, rested for a while and then took a motorcycle ride in the afternoon with her friends. My lack of skills in driving a motorcycle proved me envious of the people there, for their primary mode of transportation is by motorcycles. You can actually circle the island with ease and take note: no helmets (and stickers), no plates, no problem! I can see why, they are not your average habal-habal drivers anyway. I asked my rider “pasutoi ta megoi” and he replied “wae blema na, bsta long highway, safety first lng ta”.

Coast of Lazi, looking at the bright blue yonder

Sun sets rest in the mountain while we were entering the town of Maria

I arrived at Larena, where we had to climb up the hill to visit Infinity heights. For one hundred pesos, we enjoyed the bar amenities and the sights; for it was afternoon and the sun sets as if it hides under the mountain.

Infinity heights in Larena, Siquijor

I don't know what to say at this moment

*I could have put more photos, but there's a limit to it. So yeah, bummer. Anyways, stay put for more!

Updated 04-02-2013 at 10:03 AM by moy1moy1

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm loving the gorgeous photos! I'm sure you had a blast. Makes me wanna go to Isla del Fuego now...island of fire...what a beautiful name.
    pila imo gasto ani tanan na adventure nindut lage ni dah
    1300 ako budget for the week hehe.. free acco nuon ko ana
    Had the chance to visit the place last holy week and I was awed! Hope you were able to visit the Kagusuan Beach, the view so was breathtaking there =)
    hoping i could visit this place soon xc

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top