View RSS Feed

Stories, and then Some...

tenebrae

Rate this Entry
it's just a small vial of blood. but it throbs in my memory like a painful, festering wound. it hangs there neatly and quietly. but its image screamed inside my head, it made my fist want to bleed on the walls.

it's just a small vial of blood, but seeing it hang by his neck made me weak. every single drop of it came from your veins, and now it is tucked safely close to his heart. my eyes might have been two large anxious question marks because he looked at me, smiled, and nodded; enough to tell me you are his.

"you create your own phantoms, you cast your own shadows..."

lethargy was the word for the day starting from the moment i woke up until to that time at night when i again enter that realm that has become your new-found home where your voice is too real, your smile too clear. and that little vial of blood sparkles with joy proudly on his chest.

"you create the most elaborate representations of your deepest and darkest fears that spill out into your waking hours, depriving you of your new-found sunshine, a sunshine that may not last long if you cannot begin to notice and treasure it..."

and then suddenly out of a moment's nowhere, a set of disconsolate words. tell me again if my dreams have extended a few tendrils into this world.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm still trying to understand this post. It's awesome but I can't grasp it fully. Gareb, what can I say? I am suspended in eternal fascination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothea
    I'm still trying to understand this post. It's awesome but I can't grasp it fully. Gareb, what can I say? I am suspended in eternal fascination.
    what can i say? even my dreams are made up of metaphors longing to be literal. and sometimes they are, nightmarishly painful at that.

my apologies. i am still trying to grasp at the right words to describe some harrowing emotions that bled from my dreams into the real world.
    dreams are but our subcioncious' way of screaming the fallacy of reality, yet reality is what we make it to be. sometimes, all we need is to see the thin line we're walking on, and knowing where that line leads and where we ultimately must stand.

and oh, metaphors have this habit of unmasking emotions where it ought to be masked. damn traitorous metaphors.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top