View RSS Feed

Ink | Pen | Paper

An excuse to write.

1. Don't Force Goodness

Notice that around us, there are "good" people, who were never taught to "be good" since they were born, yet are innately good in character? We admire (and sometimes envy) their personalities, because more often than not, it seems their being good somehow radiates a certain nobility, a kind of correctness and rightness, and even serves as a sort of magnet--people somehow gravitate towards them because other people LIKE their demeanor. Is this then, the reason why we want to TEACH ...

Updated 04-04-2012 at 12:17 PM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Red That's Redder Than Red

Before I begin this quicky entry (which is mostly borrowed off my current FB status message), let's read an excerpt from "The Gods of Mars", a novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, part of his John Carter series of novels (yes, in case you only knew about the name John Carter from the recent movie, the John Carter character has been around for ages--well, specifically since 1912, which in fact tells us that this fictitious character is already 100 years old), the adventures of John Carter in ...

Updated 03-29-2012 at 10:58 PM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Dose of Comfort

After reading Sevmik's blog entries, I realized I can now finally allow myself to indulge in what I sometimes refer to as "diarrhea of ideas" (shamelessly borrowed from Stephen King, re his "diarrhea of the word processor", a condition he describes as one of those moments wherein he just churns out a huge pile of incoherent text just to convince himself that yes, he's working, he's writing a novel hehe)--just let the fingers fly over the keyboard--a process which began like ...

Updated 03-26-2012 at 04:41 AM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Just to Touch the Celebes Sea

(Rodsky's Solo Sojourns #1: Gumasa, Glan, Sarangani Province)

After a bit of procrastination, I finally decided to go to Gumasa, at the very (literal) bottom of Mindanao Island. It's a stretch of fine white sandy beaches about 10 kilometers from the sleepy town of Glan, in Sarangani Province.

Apart from the obvious R & R objective, I've been planning a trip to the Glan area for a while now, to do some serious observation and photography of the Large Magellanic Cloud, ...

Updated 03-06-2012 at 09:10 PM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Long Hiatus

Been very busy going around the southern Mindanao area, teaching kids basic astronomy via our service, http://www.voyager.com.ph

Not sure when I can get the time to really write a decent blog entry, but I do have a lot of stories to share ever since I got this job. We've been to several schools already, and more schools to visit in the coming weeks.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Thoughts and Predictions On Ridley Scott's Upcoming Film "Prometheus"

You'll probably think this is a leak, but I assure you it is not. This is going to be my own prediction or guess on what the plot of Prometheus (yes, the up and coming "Alien-Prequel-that-is-not-a-prequel" movie) will be.

First, let's search for the meaning of the word:

(from Wikipedia)

In Greek mythology, Prometheus (Ancient Greek: Προμηθεύς, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Change Firecracker/Fireworks Industry--Transition to Rocketry

PHP 800.00 (about USD 20.00) for one "Goodbye Philippines" firecracker. Stupid and wasteful. Traditionally, people use fireworks at the start of a new year because they think the explosions will "drive away bad luck and 'negative spirits' from their lives"--ergo, most people in this country still live in the middle/dark ages.

In a world of logic and reason, the fireworks industry does NOT exist--...what exists in its place is a thriving model rocket industry, for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top