Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

i believe he was already sane during the ending of the movie..

Quote Originally Posted by silogan_ni_siomai View Post
    -the final line he asked "is it better to live a monster or to die a good man?" - he may have hinted his surrender despite being sane pero wa syay mabuhat because wala na syay pag asa maka gawas sa island.
    In my opinion this quote means differently. I'm remembering from when I last saw it more than 3 years ago.

He was insane at the start of the movie, the role play-slash-treatment was effective, so he was cured. However, because he was cured he also remembered what happened to his family which was mainly his fault.

So he decided to pretend he wasn't cured in order to be lobotomized so he can forget. If he showed them the truth that he was cured, he will continue to live, but as a monster for killing his family. Choosing lobotomy will make him die a good man because he won't remember what he did.

But of course, I always believed movies are meant to be interpreted differently. I see you have a long list to go, so di nalang sa ko mag-add kay daghan gyud kaayo nindot mga movies nga imong gitawag og ambiguous. I'll suggest you start with "2001" and watch it with a good mental condition para ma-absorb nimo. haha. Charlie Kaufman-written films are also pretty good (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine) but Synecdoche, New York takes his ideas to a whole new level. Though it wasn't as well directed as his other films (he directed his own script), it is superbly written.

Quote Originally Posted by BertR View Post
    In my opinion this quote means differently. Im remembering from when I last saw it more than 3 years ago.

He was insane at the start of the movie, the role play-slash-treatment was effective, so he was cured. However, because he was cured he also remembered what happened to his family which was mainly his fault.

So he decided to pretend he wasn't cured in order to be lobotomized so he can forget. If he showed them the truth that he was cured, he will continue to live, but as a monster for killing his family, but choosing lobotomy will make him die a good man because he won't remember what he did.
    yes mao na ang superficial implication sa movie that he was treated but he wanted to forget his horrible past so he submitted himself for lobotomy nalang. but if tan awn nato sa lain angle, there are also strong evidences that the shutter island is trying to enforce teddy that he is insane to cover up their illegal operations and to clear their names. daghan mga theories online ako nabasa insane teddy vs sane teddy ug mga claims. hehehe which is why i love this movie kay it raises our eyebrows after watching this film. ehehe thanks =)

also if we dissect the line: better to live a monster - he COULDbe referring to chuck/dr. sheehan and the asylum of their evil deeds of framing teddy as he is accepting defeat naman by submitting himself for lobotomy while sheehan, cawley and the asylum are proclaimed successful in their plot thus, "living a monster". =)
    Last edited by silogan_ni_siomai; 03-12-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Moon (2009)
    Open your eyes "Abre los ojos" (1997)
    Lost Highway

kani list of mindf*ck movies
    The Giant List of Mind-F*ck Movies | Johnny Webber
    Last edited by den2x; 03-12-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Kasagaran mga movies ni Leo di Caprio mga mindf*ck movies man. Kini ako marecommend:

High Tension a.k.a. Switchblade Romance (2003)
    Funny Games (1997)
    Evidence (2013)
    The Great Gatsby (2013)
    The Departed (2006)
    The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)
    All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (2006)
    Dream House (2011)
    Blue Velvet (1986)
    Body Double (1984)
    Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
    Identity (2003)
    Byzantium (2012)
    Oldboy (2003)
    Where the Truth Lies (2005)
    Possession (1981)
    29 palms (2003)
    The Doom Generation (1995)
    Next (2007)
    The Mist (2007)
    Upstream Color (2013)
    Wicker Park (2004)

Vanilla Sky of Tom Cruise. Hangtud sa ending, libog ko ug tinuod ba to tanan na happen or iya ra imaginations.

Ang Identity kai dili man ambiguous.....

Banned User
    Blog Entries

Just finished watching The Game. Di man sya ambiguous but still an impressive mindf*ck movie heheh... What the hell Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by silogan_ni_siomai View Post
    Just finished watching The Game. Di man sya ambiguous but still an impressive mindf*ck movie heheh... What the hell Hahaha
    Seen it. This movie gets into your head and keeps you guessing the whole time. Worth watching but only once.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast