Page 182 of 302 FirstFirst ... 172179180181182183184185192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3011

Default Re: Who are those living in U.S.A. Please post here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Streetcar
    ^^

Hello Ebyangz, welcome here u having a fun time in Cebu? When are you going back to Chicago? The most i can stay in Pinas is 2 to 3 weeks. After that time, laayan na man ko magkadugay ko. Cause when i go home, i dont go out kay init kaayo sa balay ra sab ko all day then molakaw ko sa gabii with friends. I hope next time it will be more fun for me at least now daghan na ko friends from Cebu. I always skip Cebu everytime i go home kay wala man sab ko adtuan didto. I have relatives there i have not seen since bata pa ko so i dont even know where they are now. Maybe this time around, mag enjoy ko uban aning mga Istoryans
    ill be stying here for 3 months. it feels good to be back home, well actually im from bacolod but hehehehehe id rather stay her mingaw kaau bacolod compare cebu. what state are you from?

@Streetcar: Are those dungeness crabs? Just wondering cuz they look big and yummy... plus you're in San Fran, right?
    What do you use to season them with? My favorite is "Old Bay" Seasoning. I steam the crabs seasoned with Old Bay in a 50% water 50% 7up(or Sprite) mixture. They taste so sweet when u use the 7up/Sprite..

For fun (and a tasty dinner) we (usually had friends/and or family along) would go to the fishing pier at Fort Point Chrissy Field) and go crabbing for red rock crabs. Red rock crabs are not nearly as big as dungeness but still each crab must be at least 4 inches across their shell (back) in order for you to legally keep them. It's nice to experience and it's inexpensive. There's free parking and you don't need a fishing license. Just bring friends/family, a crab net with rope, bait, & a large bucket or two to keep your crabs fresh. I think each person has a limit of approx 35 crabs per day. I had 2 nets and by the end of 5-6 hours of a peaceful time with beautiful scenery (along with a little work...heheh) I would have my limit of crabs. We would use chicken pieces and because we didn't have a bait cage on our nets, the sea lions would sometimes be pests and dive down to steal the bait from the nets. If we caught any dungeness crabs, they had to be thrown back cuz of restrictions in the bay. Most of the dungeness we caught there were babies anyway. There are others on the pier fishing and crabbing too (usually including pinoy). A variety of fish can be caught from the pier also (kingfish, jackfish, perch...many more).

Then you can bring all your crabs home and enjoy. If you've never done it, you should try. I think crabbing season is from mid Nov until the end of June each year. You can take great photos of the bridge from there too. I personally always enjoyed the free Aircon provided by the ocean breeze but bring warm clothes. There's warm drinks and food nearby if you don't bring your own. There's also a c.r. too.

As far as eating goes, I actually prefer the blue crabs from the U.S. east coast over all others. When I was living in Cali I would purchase those from Vallejo's "Seafood City" grocery, since I lived in the Vacaville/Fairfileld area and that was the closest to me.
    Seeing those crabs brings back memories... "thanks" .... and "thanks alot" ... heheh....now I'm craving those crabs... along with a sour dough bowl full of steaming New England Clam Chowder

This is a photo that I found on the web (since I don't have my photo albums here with me in Cebu). This guy is throwing/casting his net out in hopes of a nice catch. Nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge.
    ThanX

Quote Originally Posted by ebyangz
    ill be stying here for 3 months. it feels good to be back home, well actually im from bacolod but hehehehehe id rather stay her mingaw kaau bacolod compare cebu. what state are you from?
    Hi ebyangz, how are you? wow you have a long vacation then 3 monhs i hope you are enjoying your vacation and imagine how cold it is in Chicago now. Minus degrees cold siguro. So lucky you're over at the warmer side at this time. I'm from Cali. Its nice meeting you ebyangz

Hi to you Namnori, so you used to live in Vallejo or further away Fairfield area? Since when did you move out of the area? Fairfield is so much booming now. Have you returned to live back home permanently or just for vacation? Thanks for the nice photo you shared here.. I also like Blue Crabs a little harder to get the meat i like it for the orangey thingy in there. I have no idea where they come from i just eat them anyway I want to try crabbing kung naa ko mauban as I dont know anything about crabs other than eat it. I bet its fun? What are red rock crabs do they resemble crayfish? I am not sure what kind of Crab it is more likely Dunginess as its the common one for sale in supermarkets we bought them at the pier area sa Half Moon Bay. It was already dead. Not sure how long its been dead maybe couple of hours mao to naka sale na well i did not see it moving anymore i'm scared of crabs. I prefer to buy them dead than alive. Anyhow they were quite so huge and a lot of meat in there so i guess it just died when we bought it. Regarding seasoning, I've never tried that. I just boiled that crab in a big pot and sprinkled some garlic powder and salt a little black pepper soaked with water halfway but i had to cook two crabs at a time as they were huge. Have you been to Point Reyes for Oysters naman? There you can buy the fresh oysters sab daplin sa dagat. That if you like Oysters. These are the kind of things i really like to do. So you go crabbing at Fort Point near Chrissy Field? Must be so cold and windy there I'm sure. Have you tried crabbing at the wharf? Yeah love the chowder at Fishermen's Wharf Thanks very much for stopping by here to say hello

agi lang ko.. asa si yuri?

@nolex: Naa daw deperensya ila internet i dunno if it's gonna get fixed today pero wednesday pa daw balik ya class. Ka feeling close naku woi tehehe. Musta nole? Busy sa rabbit hap? Ana gyud na basta inlab.

elloowww iStoryans...

elow sad ninyo dri!

@mai... dli pa mai oist! dugay pa kaayo!
    hayyy.. kanus.a kaha ko katilaw sa imong niluto!?

Hello Ms. Beau, Nolex, Ngel, Archer, Charmz, tanan... good morning how's everybody? kamo na sab magluto? share it here too. Yesterday i cooked the bread pudding and made Empanada but the battery died on the digicam then gi try nako akong webcam also the battery was dead so gamay ra akong photos na save. Next time. Hope you're all doing well.

mownin sad mai...
    try unya ko luto this week end.. hehehehehhe
    mo.sleep nko una kay almost 1am.. miz yea!

11.    Advertisement