Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What happen if fault lines continuously submerged with water?

Is there anybody can explain what will happen to a fault line if it is submerged in water for a long period of time?

This question come up in my mind while i'm watching the flood coverage in Metro Manila. I have read a magazine before that there are lots of fault lines in Metro Manila. It sounds scary if the water can cause movements of the fault lines.

Hope someone can share their scientific knowledge about fault lines.

fault line.. mao na kuyaw sa mga earthquake.. kana nga lugar kay kuyaw jd.. expect the unexpected.. ^_^

Many fault lines are actually underwater, and they seem to be fine. Plate Tectonics are not affected by water but by the large-scale motions of Earth's lithosphere as the theory says.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by POPiO View Post
    fault line.. mao na kuyaw sa mga earthquake.. kana nga lugar kay kuyaw jd.. expect the unexpected.. ^_^
    some fault lines are known to have been dormant for hundreds of years so, such worries are baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander L. Gelacio Jr. View Post
    Many fault lines are a actually underwater, and they seem to be fine. Plate Tectonics are not affected by water but by the large-scale motions of Earth's lithosphere as the theory says.

- - - Updated - - -

some fault lines are known to have been dormant for hundreds of years so, such worries are baseless.
    but the fact that naa ka sa fault line, meaning dli ka mag-kompiyansa.. ^_^ believe me
    mao na gi-ingon expect the unexpected .. that's why Japan, ila jd ni gi-andaman na.. mao na ila mga infrastructures ug uban pa is naka-prepare na sa mga earthquake.. mao na gi-ingon pd.. I-anticipate na nmu daan ..

Quote Originally Posted by POPiO View Post
    but the fact that naa ka sa fault line, meaning dli ka mag-kompiyansa.. ^_^ believe me
    mao na gi-ingon expect the unexpected .. that's why Japan, ila jd ni gi-andaman na.. mao na ila mga infrastructures ug uban pa is naka-prepare na sa mga earthquake.. mao na gi-ingon pd.. I-anticipate na nmu daan ..
    There are a lot of fault lines that are scattered around our country, if it's earthquake that you are worried about; may I remind you that we are in the Pacific Ring Of Fire, quakes are inevitable but it's senseless to worry about things we can do nothing about and focus on things that we can. In this light I would agree with you about having sound infrastructures to withstand the most intense incidents possible and keep the people inside safe and protected. Beyond that, please commune with your deity for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander L. Gelacio Jr. View Post
    There are a lot of fault lines that are scattered around our country, if it's earthquake that you are worried about; may I remind you that we are in the Pacific Ring Of Fire, quakes are inevitable but it's senseless to worry about things we can do nothing about and focus on things that we can. In this light I would agree with you about having sound infrastructures to withstand the most intense incidents possible and keep the people inside safe and protected. Beyond that, please commune with your deity for protection.
    very well said .. ^_^

yes...mao jud siguro nahitabo sa CDU, like i know for a fact na inagpas na siya nga pagka himo and i know for sure that almost if not all sa iyang mga materials was and is barato think its made in...you all know na. I was lucky to be in a building funded and engineered by a Japanese, and feel jud nako nga misayaaw ang building like. Things were all over the place but the building didnt suffer any major damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichi Yamasaki View Post
    Is there anybody can explain what will happen to a fault line if it is submerged in water for a long period of time?

This question come up in my mind while i'm watching the flood coverage in Metro Manila. I have read a magazine before that there are lots of fault lines in Metro Manila. It sounds scary if the water can cause movements of the fault lines.

Hope someone can share their scientific knowledge about fault lines.
    Okay raman siguro.. sa ako nahibaw-an.. daghan man kaayo faultlines naa ilawm sa dagat (or basin sayop ako pag sabot sa question) hahah

TS nothing will happen rman cguro as boss @Alexander L. Gelacio Jr. said. Kay nag patong man gud ta sa dagkong mga bato sa ilalom sa yuta mao nang tectonic plates.

tsunami? joke

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast