Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Smart Phone Camera has been unleashed (Nokia Lumia 1020)

We all know that Nokia is still the king of Smartphone Camera and now that they released their newest flagship the Nokia Lumia 1020 the power of PureView and WP in one...

Lumia 1020 flaunts a 4.5" 768x1280 pixels PureMotion HD+ AMOLED display with ClearBlack filter and Gorilla Glass 3 on top, so you can expect blur-free visuals, high contrast ratio and low reflection. There is the usual high-brightness mode, which in Nokia's late flagships means the excellent 600 nits, which would aid sunlight visibility. The supersensitive touch tech is present as well, so the screen can be operated with gloves on.

The handset, available in black, white and yellow, measures 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm and weigh 158 g, which makes it thinner and lighter than the chubby Lumia 920, despite all that camera jazz inside, since with Lumia 1020 the wireless charging ability is added via a separate cover if you want it. It's powered by a dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, features 2 GB of RAM, which is double the usual WP flagship amount, and 32 GB of internal memory. The 2000 mAh battery is good for seven hours of video playback and 13 hours of talk time, so it's right up with your typical flagship endurance.

Nokia brought over the stereo Rich Recording technology with HAAC mics, which should make for the best-sounding video footage from any phone, judging from the amazing results that came with the 808 PureView.

Now the dry specs of the camera - breathtaking 41 MP BSI 1/1.2" sensor, 3x lossless zoom (up to 6x for HD video), six-elements lens with ZEISS optics, second generation OIS suspension for shake-free videos and blur-free low-light photos that can compensate for up to 500 movements a second. The famed pixel oversampling again combines up to seven pixels in one super pixel at the default PureView mode, and can shoot simultaneously in the high-res 34 MP or 38 MP modes, and the PureView 5 MP mode for easier sharing. Nokia Pro Camera is the new application that takes advantage of all the sensor power and has some pro shooting modes and controls like shutter times, ISO, manual focus and exposure settings, and so on.

The oversampling tech now comes to video capture as well, so you get the highest quality footage possible with a phone, even when zooming while you record. Add to those a powerful Xenon flash and an LED light for video recording, and you easily get the best cameraphone on the market, available this month. AT&T is getting it July 26th for $299.99 on a two-year contract, and you can preorder it starting July 16th.

What can you say about Nokia's newest Flagship? Would you buy one?

Nokia Lumia 1020 unveiled with 41 MP sensor, OIS and lossless zoom
    Nokia "Zoom Reinvented" event - YouTube
    Nokia Lumia 1020 white paper out: OIS redesigned, pixel-binning during video
    Last edited by Yazbuh; 07-12-2013 at 03:56 AM.

god! i hope this will be here by next year. the camera... nimas! hahaha. this is QUALITY.
    this will definitely be my next smartphone. fvck dslr. lol. pila sad kaha ni igabot diri sa?
    Last edited by gcc4426; 07-12-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Nokia launched new smart phone " Nokia Lumia 1020". It 's look is very attractive and high end technologies.It comes with some additional features.If you looking to buy this smart phone from online shopping site then shopbychoice, trdus and snapdeal is best online shopping site.

I really love this Phone but sad to say due to the reason that most Windows Apps are immatured and buggy.. i hope they develop and enhance even Facebook and Skype which is the most important to me.. Daghan na higayon matintal ko ani mga Lumia Series esp. this new one pero di jud ko padala ui.. mubo rba ko pasensya.. huhuhuh! pass sko ani!

41MP is purely marketing bull____. And how many of you need 41MP?
    Even pro photographers with their full-frame cam with 35mm sensors rarely need 20MP.

If we base it on image quality alone, the lens would be the limiting factor. Even a high end "Leica" glass can't even take full advantage of a 20MP sensor, how much more a cellphone lens using a smaller with tightly-packed pixels in a 41MP sensor.

If it's true that the sensor is 1/1.5 inch then it's bigger than most point shoot cams but still significantly smaller than a DSLR. But again judging on the specs and size of the lens, it's crappy even if compared to the most lowly common point and shoot digicams.

In short, the 41MP is a waste.....

In fairness to Nokia. At least, the specs look good on paper if compared to other camera phones.

Quote Originally Posted by gcc4426 View Post
    god! i hope this will be here by next year. the camera... nimas! hahaha. this is QUALITY.
    this will definitely be my next smartphone. fvck dslr. lol. pila sad kaha ni igabot diri sa?
    Last edited by b00rdz; 09-18-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcc4426 View Post
    The price is more or less 32k. This just what I saw at kimstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzkie23 View Post
    I really love this Phone but sad to say due to the reason that most Windows Apps are immatured and buggy.. i hope they develop and enhance even Facebook and Skype which is the most important to me.. Daghan na higayon matintal ko ani mga Lumia Series esp. this new one pero di jud ko padala ui.. mubo rba ko pasensya.. huhuhuh! pass sko ani!
    How come you say immature bro, its because of the apps?. and how come you say its buggy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzkie23 View Post
    try to play around w/ facebook on lumia phone..bisag ang 520 lang and compare it with android's FB, icheck asa mas paspas moload ang pix, asay mas-fluid..

Recently got this phone.

Initial impressions coming from someone who owned an Android phone for years:
    - Battery is really good. I get 12-14 hours from a single charge with Moderate to Heavy use.
    - Really fluid. No lags or stuttering like most Android devices with custom UI.(fyi My Nexus 4 didn't have lag at all. Stock Android all the way)
    - Really nice messaging feature. FB Chat + Text messages in one. I really love this feature.
    - Really needs more apps And current apps need updating. FB app is sometimes slow. Instagram app is still coming. etc. Hope their app choices grows more in the coming years.
    - Camera is the best smartphone camera available. Tried shooting it against my Brother in law's iPhone 5s and it's definitely better but it takes 1-2sec to take pictures unlike the 5s' instant capture. A software update can fix this. Auto focusing is erratic too.
    - 32GB memory is limited considering a 41megapixel picture is at 7MB I found myself disabling the 41megapixel and chose the 5 to preserve phone memory storage.
    - Camera grip is bulky for day to day use but it's great when you're going on a trip. It has a tripod mount which is amazing.

Will give more updates soon.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast