Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by harhar View Post
    Unsay difference bro? Latency? FPS?
    FPS specially in raids (25man or 10man), if mag sugod na banat tanan tao, mo kamang jud sa Q9400. If 2500k, wala problema. Same GPU ha and same amount of RAM 8GB.

Mao, kasagaran dual core ga agad, i think 2ngud ni sa clock Q9400 nga mas lower compara sa i5...

yup it might have something to do with the clock speed also especially WOW which has been known to be quite sensitive with cpu changes.

Mag depende na sa mga developers kung pila ka cores ilang e utilize...

^yup. mag dependi jud. As of now 2 cores mostly okay pa na sa mga games karun though dili guaranteed nga smooth xa labi nag cpu intensive games. Bisag oud gpu intensive nga games bisag nindot kaau ang vc kung nag bottleneck ang cpu apektado ang dula. Then later on ang mga development companies ila nang e utilize ang pag gamit sa cores ug threads sa cpu. so i think mga quadcore is good with future proofing in mind. sakto ba?

Murag tanan heavy games utilize na ug quadcore and up...

This was posted 1 year ago and is already an underestimation today. People dont only play high setting Battlefield 3. People want to play with the best settings they can with their hardware. Who doesnt want their hardware to play 64-player Battlefield 3 maxed out settings?

So "How many cores is enough for gaming?" Id say the answer is relative to what kind of player you are, how uncontented you can be, and how visually meticulous you are.

a. Noobs / Free-to-play gamers - 2 cores (What do I need 4 cores for? I dont have games that use it)
    b. Mainstream gamers - 3cores/2c-2t (Im fine with what i have now. I can play all my games smoothly. HBAO what?)
    c. Advanced gamers - 4 cores (I wouldnt dare lose 10fps off my 680. You dont notice the difference? Well, I can.)

^ lol at "a. Noobs / Free-to-play gamers - 2 cores (What do I need 4 cores for? I dont have games that use it)"
    sakita pud nimo maka istorya boss. nyahahah

sa mga gadula sa facebook apps na boss?

in today's game, a dual core CPU will do... just choose the best GPU your money can buy if you want high "eye candy"...

they said Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 and BF3 will smash a dual core CPU during multi-player... we'll that is just a myth or a "nice to have" para nko ni lang ni... my personal experience on my 2 rigs (i3-2120 and G840) in playing those 3 gaming titles are all very acceptable all in multi player mode (max players that the game offers)... dako gyud kaayo ug factor ang GPU... naa'y contribution ang CPU gyud hinoon pero, not that much compared to the GPU...

i'm waiting for BF4, kun mo kamang ning i3 sa ani na game on Ultra Presets, then i'll upgrade to a quad core CPU... if not, aw, kani lang sa until dili na magamit... ang himoon lang ani gyud kay mag save every month para ready sa future upgrade... toinks... hehehe... gahinan gyud ni nato ug budget ang atoang PC DIY passion para dili ta ma shock sa needed amount during the major upgrade later on...
    Last edited by lloyd_joy; 05-17-2013 at 10:52 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast