Default Questions about Overclocked CPU (AMD A8 3870) and Graphics Card (HD 6670).

My PC set up is as follows:

CPU - AMD A8 3870
    Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6670
    MB- ASRock A75 Pro4 M
    PSU- Silver Stone ST56F (560 Watts)
    2 Hard Disks
    RAM 2 pcs of 4 GIG RAM PC1333 ddr3 - Dual Channel

Questions:

Using AMD Vision Control Center, I was able to set the graphics to Dual Graphics and also under the CPU Overdrive I was able to set the CPU at 3500 Mhz from 3100 Mhz and also did some tweaked in the Graphics Overdrive...

I noticed game improvements....

But, because of the above settings, I could not boot my PC to BIOS....is this normal when I overclock?

Since I overclocked the CPU thru the AMD Vision Control Center, does this mean it is only when I play PC games that the overclock CPU is set, and it is not overclocked when I do other works (internet, word, etc.)?

Would it be better to overclock thru the BIOS set up, or is it ok to do it thru the AMD Vision Control Center?

When the CPU and the GPU (Video Card) is overclocked, does this mean I cannot check the Windows Experience Index? It tried to reset the rating, but everything I do it an error occurs... Is this normai?

When overclocking the CPU and GPU, does this mean I would be shortening the life of my CPU and GPU (Video Card)?

Thanks in advance.....

Default Re: Questions about Overclocked CPU (AMD A8 3870) and Graphics Card (HD 6670).

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Latras View Post
    Would it be better to overclock thru the BIOS set up, or is it ok to do it thru the AMD Vision Control Center?
    try that first. had no problems with my old a8-3850 after sticking to bios overclocks + stress testing

Default Re: Questions about Overclocked CPU (AMD A8 3870) and Graphics Card (HD 6670).

Questions:

Using AMD Vision Control Center, I was able to set the graphics to Dual Graphics and also under the CPU Overdrive I was able to set the CPU at 3500 Mhz from 3100 Mhz and also did some tweaked in the Graphics Overdrive...

I noticed game improvements....

But, because of the above settings, I could not boot my PC to BIOS....is this normal when I overclock?

----------------> Normal if your overclock is unstable and you've overclock it through bios, not normal if you've done it inside windows via amd overdrive

Since I overclocked the CPU thru the AMD Vision Control Center, does this mean it is only when I play PC games that the overclock CPU is set, and it is not overclocked when I do other works (internet, word, etc.)?

-------------------------------> Dunno if there is such option but once you've booted inside windows, clocks should automatically be applied

-----------------------------> It should be ok. Better? Depends I think, I for one find it more easier and less hassle to overclock inside bios

When the CPU and the GPU (Video Card) is overclocked, does this mean I cannot check the Windows Experience Index? It tried to reset the rating, but everything I do it an error occurs... Is this normai?

----------------------------> Error during overclocking only signifies one thing, your overclock is unstable.

When overclocking the CPU and GPU, does this mean I would be shortening the life of my CPU and GPU (Video Card)?

--------------------------->Yes, but it can be resolved with adequate cooling as overclocking produces heat and heat is your components no.1 enemy.

4.    Advertisement