Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who are embedded systems enthusiasts here?????

May I know who are embedded systems enthusiasts here?? Especially in developing embedded systems for Linux OS..... Pls post your ideas and experiences here.....

Default Re: Who are embedded systems enthusiasts here?????

am not an enthusiast, but my project is embedded linux, currently working on uClinux.
    developing embedded application is just easy, you just need a cross compiler toolchain.
    at times its so frustrating coz your program may run fine on your desktop but once you cross compile
    it and run it in your embedded device the output is not the same. beware of memory leak, this make your system crawl.

Yeah, you're right. We have the same experience when I currently developed embedded linux here. Im just a newbie to this job with so much issues to be consider when developing programs for this kind of system. Have you already developed User Interface for you embedded systems? That's what Im currently working on....

yup, the embedded system has a nvidia gpu it support opengl 1.1, so the user interface is purely opengl (texturing/vertex/blending/3d models using 3ds). takes time and a lot of patience.
    what linux are you using? used monta vista linux, now, currently customizing ucLinux for the new board, unfortunately no gpu is present so will have to do low level memory access for the display.

IC.... That's what I am working on..... We're using uCLinux also..... We're currenly working on Gtk. That's what I am working here on how to cross compile Gtk applications. The target board has no gpu also. But we are working on the Framebuffer which has already a ported X server. So Is opengl really requires gpu?

yup, it requires a gpu. where are you working ryt now?. what's your target board?

Quote Originally Posted by StyM
    yup, it requires a gpu. where are you working ryt now?. what's your target board?
    Our target board is FR-V board which is made by Fujitsu. This has a cross compiler already but no Gtk libraries compiled yet. This is what I am researching right now, to run my Gtk applications to this target. Do you have idea about this? Im just new to this job but learns a lot.

cross compile your gtk source using your cross compiler, install in to your target board,
    so your gtk application can use the library on your target board. thats what i'll do.

Im just confused on the flags in configuring gtk and its dependencies. I can't supply the exact value for --host and --build option. So can I ask you something here? Am I right with this option:

./configure CC=<PATH to cross compiler>-gcc --host=<the host PC> --build=<the target board>

How to register the target so that I can use it on the --build option

Im just a newbie on this kind of job.

--host=i386-pc-linux-gnu --build= ?? your target board , check what type of cpu it has. search google.

here's a sample configuration for our arm board.
    ./configure –-target=arm-linux –-prefix=/opt/arm-linux --host=i386-pc-linux-gnu –-enable-languages=c,c++

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast