Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default kINSAY NAKA TRY UG EAT SA OYSTER BAY SEAFOOD RESTRAURANT SA MANDAUE post ur experience here!!

Close lang ni mod's pls... Thanx

Default Re: kINSAY NAKA TRY UG EAT SA OYSTER BAY SEAFOOD RESTRAURANT SA MANDAUE post ur experience here!!

wa pa ko kasuway dha pero based on what u said, d nalang sad ko adto

Default Re: kINSAY NAKA TRY UG EAT SA OYSTER BAY SEAFOOD RESTRAURANT SA MANDAUE post ur experience here!!

Oi naa diay discrimination laina pud..dili nlng ko mukaon ngara oi pubri raba ko...

Naa nasad ning mga thread nga ingon ani.. Ts, nireklamo ka sa management? Or nihimo nalng ka og thread diretso.
    Look ts, be responsible sad. Sure ba ka nga ang management ang nisugo sa waiters nga dili mo himoong vip? Wa ta kabalo ang waiters ra ang nidiscriminate nimo. Di nato dauton ang establishment kung walay igong ebidensya. Pandaut man ni without even hearing the otherside.

Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Apple Project View Post
    Naa nasad ning mga thread nga ingon ani.. Ts, nireklamo ka sa management? Or nihimo nalng ka og thread diretso.
    Look ts, be responsible sad. Sure ba ka nga ang management ang nisugo sa waiters nga dili mo himoong vip? Wa ta kabalo ang waiters ra ang nidiscriminate nimo. Di nato dauton ang establishment kung walay igong ebidensya. Pandaut man ni without even hearing the otherside.
    bitaw sakto gyud ni..dapat estoryahan una ang nagdumala didto aron sab maklaro ba kay basin speculation ra sab ni sa uban..

Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Apple Project View Post
    Gud evening sir/mam! FYI..dili ko against sa management, sa establishment, ug sa ila business and in fact i really like their food so much!! what im telling here is the service that i've received from their staff! k? for sure this is not the way the management want it to be, nagkataon lang guro nga way ayo ang waiter nga ni duty ato nga time so it's up to the management to call their attention or not.

ur question is nireklamo ba ko sa management? no! because for me its not a big deal. i just posted it here para sad naa makstrya sa ila management sa ila services but not necessarily nga moadto ko personal sa manager aron lang ako ingnon nga inyo waiter igo ra nag tan.aw ra namo. enough na nga nakakaon tapos nindot ila food.

ur 2nd question, "Sure ba ka nga ang management ang nisugo sa waiters nga dili mo himoong vip?" did i say that? do i have to answer this? com'on be realistic naman. now im going to ask u, naa d i management na mosugo sa ila waiter nga dili ipa treat ug tarong ang customer? of course wala! service quality is one of the most impt factor in food business.

lastly, u said be responsible... of course i am!

But anyway, para wala nay mo react diri and for the good of the majority ako nalang ning i.close nga thread. but, maski ma close na ni nga thread, people will talk and talk and talk sa ilang na.experience whether it's bad of good.

TS, if you post something negative about a resto, barogi jud na imong claim & back it up with real evidences. That is why i said be responsible. The thread title you made suggests to post experiences of the resto , yet the story you presented is basically a complaint nga felt nga wa ka maayoha og pagtreat sa waiter (we are not even sure if the management knows about this or wa ta kabalo pila ka waiter ang involve ani). Apparantly it is a big deal for you (not for me) kay imo himoan og thread. You didnt even mention how their food was ( karon ra nimo gimention after niraise ko sa akong comment).the thread was about your complaint about the the service sa staff. What do you think you just did? You are telling people here nga dili maayo ang mga waiters/ or isa ka waiter nila, sounding more like ayaw mo og adto kay modiscriminate sila og pordoy.ayaw ka offend nganong wa ko nisympatiya nimo. I just want you to be reasonable & fair sa resto (who by the way, you mentioned nga wa kabalo sa imong commento kay wa ka nireklamo nila). If you dont get it, then it is not my problem anymore.

Goodluck nlang ts..good call sad nga imong ipaclose ni. Or better yet, if maayo jud imong tumong, change it to asking people about their experience jud a REAL personal review sa resto (good or bad).
    Last edited by Eve's Apple Project; 10-07-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Blog Entries

i think somebody from Oyster Bay read this thread or basin si Eve's Apple taga Oyster Bay na, hehehe...

its a good thing na wala ko ka basa ani na thread before mi nag adto didto sa ako wife. it would have given me a bias towards them in as much as I try not to.

anyway, let me give a review of the place to the best of my capabilities based on my experience there last October 5.

we had a reservation for the night and when we got there, we were accommodated quickly and led to our table. the waiters were prompt and satisfactory for me. they even offered to be the photographer since I was taking pictures using the timer on my camera, although I did decline the offer since most people have a hard time using my camera.

ordering was ok. they had two sets of menu. one cheap looking laminated plastic type and one book type which i liked. I liked what they had on the menu, in fact it took me a few minutes to decide which one we will try.

after me made our decision and gave them our order, they told us that it will take 20 minutes and we were fine with it since we were not in a hurry. after 15 minutes, they served our order and I was pleased with that. Understate overdeliver.

now the real test, the eating. the presentation of the food was okay. not too ordinary but not mindblowing either. i dont mind it since I would prefer an ordinary looking dish with mind blowing taste rather than a fancy looking one with a totally crappy taste (a certain mid end hotel in Manila, thats another story for some other time).

im trying so hard to remember what we had so I might forget one or two. First was the Halaan soup, then the Baked Scallops, then Chorizo Rice in a bamboo, then Sisig pouch. My wife had the coconut sorbet and I had the Guinamis (im not sure if thats how its spelled).

Hala-an Soup, my wife and I both love it! you can taste the seashell and it does not taste like you are drinking the sea. I like that there was a separation of the simple ingredients in there. the serving was enough for two. I drank all of the soup because it was just right. Presentation was okay. Price was okay too.

Baked Scallops in Garlic and Cheese, presentation was ordinary. My first look at it and I was already thinking, where is the scallop. Why? because you can't see it right away. It was covered in cheese and thick cheese it was. I mean you can see the shell but not the meat of the scallop. There was a tiny sprig of parsley (i think) and that was it. one thing that made me wonder is how come it was so oily despite being baked? I don't think it came from the cheese or did they put butter in it? Into my mouth it goes and all I can taste was the cheese. I could barely feel the scallop itself. I jokingly told my wife, "This baked cheese and garlic is good". Bottomline, too oily despite being baked.

The Chorizo rice in bamboo was cute being served in a bamboo tube. It tastes good too, I like the taste and my wife does like it too. Areas for improvement would be less oil than it is currently being served in. I know it is fried and there should be oil but it was just more than necessary really. My grandmother used to say that ,"if your fried rice is shiny, then you put too much oil in it."

The sisig pouch was a total disappointment. It was crispy and yet tasteless and very very oily. I was thinking that if they made the pouches a bit bigger then it would be easier to taste the sisig inside. Honestly, I think it was overkill considering that sisig by itself is already oily, how much more when you deep fry it. I really regretted ordering it. The only reason i ordered it is because i am a sisig fanatic. Here's how I would give it a twist, instead of using dimsum wrappers and deep frying it, try using wrapper just like in fresh lumpia. try it. that is what I do and it tastes way better since you can enjoy the sisig without the additional oil from the frying and you get to present it better to since the lumpia wrapper gives you more options in plating.

The coconut sorbet was very ordinary looking although i did like how it tastes, i find it a bit overpriced for what it was. It was just barely 2 scoops i think and the sugar was not evenly distributed so when my wife tried it, she said ,"its not sweet" and when I did try it, I said, "are you kidding? its all sugar!" and that is when we realized it was somehow not mixed well. Or maybe that is how you really serve it, put all the sugar to one part who knows?

The Guinamis was cool looking. It ends at that. a small glass for 90 pesos, I would not buy it again. I would rather make it myself at home and my 90 pesos would make 1 liter, seriously.

the ambience of the place was relaxing and comfy. I love their sofas or chairs or whatever you call it. I like the subdued lighting which makes it elegant. The sharks swimming by the small pool was a good add on but the Jetski parked near it and marked for sale is a total fail. it does not make sense and it decreases the ambience. think about it, you are trying to get people to relax and eat and you present them with a view of a Jetski? I mean yes, you will get hungry after riding a Jetski but in a different way.

I kept looking up at their ceiling and I liked how it was built. organic and stylish. too bad you don't get a lot of customers looking up anyway.

one last thing I noticed was that the waiters tend to bunch towards the Korean customers on the other table probably for the bigger tip? it resulted in us taking a while to get their attention so we can ask for our bill. not a big deal but it could help the management think of something up regarding this.

Overall, I would rate it a 3.5 with 5 being the highest because the food was too oily in three instances. I did love the fact that the parking was painless, plenty and secure enough. An additional minus was that they did not offer bottomless soda which I always look for if its seafood that I eat aplenty.

cheers! I hope that helps the management and potential customers in any way.

^^ wahaha grabe ha o mao nay review. & for the record bai, wa koy labot maunsa nang restaurant diha, wa man gani ko katoltol asa nang mananapa nabutang.wahahaha .. ang ako lang kay klaro man gud kaayo nga pangdaot ra ang tumong. abe pa nako review ang ako gisudlan?! na intriga rasad ko maong nisulod ko sa thread, kay hilig tawn mi sa akong asawa food trip.

salamat sa imong review watcher, basin pag nig uli ko sa pinas masuroy na nakong lugara..

Up for this thread!!!

Nindot ang Oyster Bay, sa walay pag pabor2x... ganahan kaau mi cgeg balik2x dri with my family and friends...

At first, nangaon mi dri with family and cousins for the 2nd birthday of my daughter... nindot kaau jud ang ilang ambiance... the waiter and waitress.. naa pa jud cla complimentary cake nga gihatag for my baby, wala ko ga expect.. and gikantahan pa nila akong anak... pagka sunod na pod nko balik ky mga batchmate sa akong bana.. all is well!!! the food is yummy... and the staff are well-trained...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast